Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #15
Captain Obvious
^Name^ | Things I Say -->

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible, Hyper Blue
After years of driving Jeeps, I still reflexively wave to Wranglers on the road. Mostly I get strange looks in response.

I admit I don't wave at other Camaros, just like I don't wave at other Dodge Durangos when I'm in that. I just don't really see it as a thing. However if another driver waves at me, I'll acknowledge it back. I get vastly more "thumbs ups" from drivers of other random vehicles though, especially dads in minivan purgatory. Not a lot of muscle/pony cars around here though, other than the standard smattering of Mustang Bros, so a nice newer one, especially in a bright color, is a bit of an oddity.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #16
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
I acknowledge and kindly tip my hat and keep on down the road.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #17
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
I see another gen 6 almost on a daily because the guy that drives it lives in my neighborhood,his is an ss 1le and mine is an rs v6,hes a younger kid i believe still in high school,ive tried waving and never get a response guess its a youth issue,i usually get waves and thumbs up from people in random cars like someone else said and the occasional hey want to trade at red lights from people in sedans,i always feel awkward saying no thank you even if its not a serious question
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #18
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
I once saw a Gen5 vert heading towards me on a country farm road and waved as she got closer. Must have been the first time she got a wave because I swear she stood up in the seat to wave back. Haven't a clue how she did that while still driving LOL
Old 06-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #19
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Coming from many years of driving Vetts and riding motorcycles, I'm very used to the brotherhood of sorts that comes with owning something a little special. Motorcycle riders, especially the Harley riders are big on low wave, and Corvette folks have the whole "Save the Wave" mantra. However, I can't say the same is true in my experience related to the Camaro. I've waved to several other Camaro drivers, even 6th gen folks, and not gotten a single glance back. Not sure why, other than that kind of culture just never developed in the Camaro world. Maybe there are just too many budget entry cars in the Camaro, Mustang, Challenger models that make membership in the club less exclusive, and thereby too common.
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #20
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
Coming from many years of driving Vetts and riding motorcycles, I'm very used to the brotherhood of sorts that comes with owning something a little special. Motorcycle riders, especially the Harley riders are big on low wave, and Corvette folks have the whole "Save the Wave" mantra. However, I can't say the same is true in my experience related to the Camaro. I've waved to several other Camaro drivers, even 6th gen folks, and not gotten a single glance back. Not sure why, other than that kind of culture just never developed in the Camaro world. Maybe there are just too many budget entry cars in the Camaro, Mustang, Challenger models that make membership in the club less exclusive, and thereby too common.
There's nothing exclusive about 5th and 6th gen camaros. I am not surprised nobody does anything when you see one. Despite the rarity of seeing a 6th gen, it's like waving at Mustang's. Nobody cares if you drive a late model one.

I used to do the hand out the window for 3rd gen camaro's all the time when i was driving mine that was over 10 years old. Anyone else in a 3rd gen at that point is driving them because they really like the car. I'd get waved all the time in it. You get that club mentality with driving certain types of old cars. That mentality doesn't make sense on mass produced new vehicles.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #21
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I used to do the hand out the window for 3rd gen camaro's all the time when i was driving mine that was over 10 years old. Anyone else in a 3rd gen at that point is driving them because they really like the car. I'd get waved all the time in it. You get that club mentality with driving certain types of old cars. That mentality doesn't make sense on mass produced new vehicles.
Pretty much. I get thumbs up from all kinds of peeps in the IROC. Even had an old Ford guy approach me at the gas station this weekend and said "I'm a Ford guy but you don't see many of those around anymore."

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #22
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgenSix View Post
To be honest, nothing. My windows for the most part are always up and my tint is fairly dark as well. Waving your arm out in Southern California could mean a lot of different things here lol.

Lol!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #23
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
I used to ride (a crotch rocket), as well. I rarely initiated a "wave", but I always returned a low peace or hang loose sign. I haven't had many close encounters with Gen 6 Camaros. The few I've had, I've gotten two acknowledgements in the form of wave and a nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
There's nothing exclusive about 5th and 6th gen camaros. I am not surprised nobody does anything when you see one. Despite the rarity of seeing a 6th gen, it's like waving at Mustang's. Nobody cares if you drive a late model one.
I don't think it's that people don't care if you drive a late model car vs an older, vintage car. I think it's more about what type of person they are. I passed by an older gentleman in a 1967, IIRC, Camaro convertible as he was stopped at a red light with his top down while I had my top down. I was driving in the opposite direction. As I passed by him, he gave me a wave and shouted something. I didn't catch what he said because my exhaust was too loud. LOL

I had another encounter with a gentleman driving a Jaguar F Type convertible. As I turned to look as he passed me on the highway, he gave me a thumbs-up.

It was probably a convertible thing in both cases, but the first case was probably a Camaro and a convertible thing.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #24
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I wave or nod to the Camaro drivers on the road regardless of generation. More than half the time, I don't get any acknowledgement.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
TheDocKlopek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I saw my first fifty today while heading out to lunch. They really look so nice in person. When he looked over I smiled and he did as well, I think, it was hard to see past the tint.
TheDocKlopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #26
Exia
Exia

Drives: '23 Corvette Z06/Z07 & '22 2SS 1LE
I'll wave if I get a chance. I've seen a few around my town however they are almost always when I'm not in my car. If I am in my car, the weathers crappy and the windows are rolled up so can't even give a wave before we pass.

I've had more chances to wave at Mustangs, Challengers and even Vettes but I'm sure I will get my chance to wave at a fellow Camaro soon.
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #27
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
I have a vert and a guy coming the other way (also wirth a vert) stops in the middle of the road, looks at me and drives off.

Weird.
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:46 PM   #28
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I've only talked to one who was beside me at a stoplight. There's a white V6 locally I see fairly often but I haven't spoken to him, but I did notice that he put black GM tail lights on it, so he has to be somewhat of an enthusiast. The vast majority of the Camaros I see are 5th Gens and to date, none of them wave or even look, from what I can tell anyways.