Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #15
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I can't offer you any comparison to the 5th Gen. What I can offer is >4,100 miles of a road trip across America with a frame of reference that includes: '98 XK8, '08 530i, 08 335i convertible, '10 XF Portfolio, '12 XJ Portfolio (named The Magic Carpet), '15 WRX Limited, '14 MKT EcoBoost and a '15 XF Sport.

IMHO the Gen6 is truly a world class sports coupe' that offers all of the comforts, ride quality and performance of a very fine Grand Tourer. The Touring mode is very compliant for a thousand mile day in the saddle. The trunk easily swallows luggage and other gear for an American Road Trip adventure. With a touch of a button, the Gen6 carves canyon roads with the best of them. When not carving the canyons, the Gen6 could be found sitting in Touring mode and idling along at 25-35MPH while you are enjoying the views or looking for the next trailhead. Nary was a single complaint made by the SS.

Whether one is cruising at the upper stretched limits of 80MPH speed limits on I90, carving across the back roads out of the Badlands to Rapid City or idling through The Needles in Custer State Park you will be riding in a car that compares favorably to the very best that I have ever driven.

The best comment came from my traveling companion, a die-hard Ford fan; "I want one. Now that was a conversion of nearly biblical proportions.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #16
OL'TIGER

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm definitely going to look at the Gen 6, although I must say I LOVE my Gen 5.
OL'TIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #17
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
When they first announced Gen 6 I was all excited. then I saw it, and I was a bit under whelmed. Figured I'd save final Judgement for in person. When my dealer got their first shipment, I went down and took a look. Again, not over whelmed. I drove it. Still not over whelmed. I heard a rattle in the back (turned out that was quite the issue!) and some other things.

I had decided to wait longer. Dealer got a third shipment in and by then I had spent a lot of time researching, trying to decide if I had wanted to wait for the 50th etc etc. I drove a 3rd shipment model, and holy crap! Not sure what was wrong with that first one I drove, but this one was night and day. The look on the new ones was starting to grow on me by now as well. I placed my order. While I was waiting, they unveiled the 50th and for me... It made up my mind I did the right thing. did not care for that color combo at all.

Ride, cant put into words. Its worlds apart from my 5th gen. Mind you, I was doing my best to convince myself my gen 5 was fine and comparable.

Comfort - A little debatable, the 5th Gen seats were always nice to me... The 6th gens hug you more, feel like a much better quality. And at least for out here in Vegas, the Ventilated seats are a huge deal.

Road trips - Drop this sucker into Tour and she drives like a caddy, a really FAST caddy. I love it! I have much more energy after a trip in this car, than I did the 5th Gen.

Drivability - Hard to describe. But a little tiny twitch on throttle, zoom! past people you want to change lanes infront of. very little effort to drive. I swear at times its driving me! The over the hood visibility is much greater. I can also make use of the back windows (mostly the passenger side, but the drivers I can at least see part of, the 5th gen never) Sure the back window is more narrow, but there really was no adjustment for me at least. When in Track mode, I really like how I can just tap the wheel the slightest bit, and she'll change lanes. Its quite nice and fun!

Instruments - Easier to read, loads of options.. Radio far more easy to use imho. I know some disagree there. I fiddle with it a lot less. I really enjoy the Carplay stuff.

Push button start. - Makes me smile every time I do it.

In short, I love this car. So glad I ordered it. It looks like a Camaro, drives like a vette. Best of both worlds for me. I'm just sorry I spent the time I did trying to convince myself how my 5th gen was better and the 6th gen was lame. Glad I woke up!

For Credibility here is my Gen 5:

My Gen Six :
Old 09-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #18
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
The Mag Ride is worth every penny. I live in Detroit area and the potholes/poor roads are like Baghdad.......I am getting MRC for sure.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #19
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
The Mag Ride is worth every penny. I live in Detroit area and the potholes/poor roads are like Baghdad.......I am getting MRC for sure.
Is there a way to tell of the MRC is working properly or not? I can't notice any difference between modes....and havent had the opportunity to ride in another car with it to tell.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #20
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Is there a way to tell of the MRC is working properly or not? I can't notice any difference between modes....and havent had the opportunity to ride in another car with it to tell.
It's adaptive so it depends on your roads and driving style.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #21
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Quote:
Drop it into track mode and take a corner really hard. Drop it into Tour and repeat. You'll notice!
Old 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #22
SCullen
Converts Oxygen to CO2

Drives: 2016 Black SS Convertable
Quote:
After driving around in my new car for 3 weeks and not noticing any difference in ride between driving modes, I discovered that it was set to Tour, independent of driving mode. Set it properly and now I definitely notice the difference.

Check to make certain yours is not set to Tour independent of driving mode.

SCullen is offline   Reply With Quote