Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #15
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Thanks for that update. It was really necessary and useful.
Just Bizaro being Bizaro
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #16
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
was the difference in width and length noticeable to you at all garfin ?
An uncomplicated question that involves a bit more of an explanation to answer!

From my perspective, the short answer is yes, based on first impressions.
However, I think one has to keep in mind that the overall first impression is really not based solely on dimensional differences - which when considered in the whole scheme of things, are really not all that great.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, the car looks a bit smaller and tighter, but that impression also comes from the overall proportion and balance of the car in conjunction with what I feel are smoother lines that create a (dare I say it?) a visual flow that is smoother, since it seems many of the edges, lines and bulges are less sharp or less extreme than the 5th Gen. Understood that the 5th Gen styling appeals to a lot of folks, based on that preference for its "in-your-face" styling.

I understand that many prefer the styling of the 5th Gen car. Quite simply it is a gorgeous, eye-catching design, but all I can say is that after having seen umpteen pictures of the 6th Gen and also having been fortunate enough to have seen the car in person, don't make a judgement about it until you have seen it in the flesh.

I know that when I see a newly designed car for the first time, nine times out of ten, I'm thinkin', "Yeah... maybe... I'll give it some time and see how it grows on me." When I saw the 5th gen for the first time, there was no such hesitation. It blew me away from the get-go.

I knew in advance that the 6th Gen car would not be mistaken for anything other than a Camaro and would be an evolution of the 5th Gen. On that basis, I was prepared to give it some time to grow on me. But once again, as soon as I saw it, there was no hesitation in my reaction to it... that it was simply drop dead gorgeous.

I'll echo again what others have said - the pictures don't do it justice and in person, the car is simply a knockout.

Best regards,

Elie