Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2024, 04:57 PM   #15
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
The "anything worth doing is worth doing right" guys are correct. When BMR first came out with the BK063 (2018?), their instructs did not mention the TTY bolts or an alignment. But their current ones do including the bolt part#'s:
# 11547921 (74ftlbs + 90-105 degrees) forward bolts
# 11611819 (74ftlbs + 90-105 degrees rearward bolts
However, I have to admit I didn't do either in 2018 without adverse effects and I'm on my third (including the OE runflats) set of tires. No uneven wear on any.
In Image #6 of the current directions, you can see holes in the red undercarriage. My subframe had shifted toward the passenger side a bit. I was able to use those (as best I recall) to shift the subframe back into its original position and align some pins (this too is from memory... don't get mad if I'm wrong), that seemed to pretty well return everything to the proper places.
I took a chance, but that doesn't mean I was right. Good luck and have fun!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:49 PM   #16
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I have replacement bolts, my concern is the 1” drop space before it hits the exhaust that I don’t wont to remove for installation
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:48 PM   #17
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I have the npp exhaust and I'm sure it, along with a lot of other stuff offers interference. Keep in mind you will NOT get the nice look at where the parts belong from the clearance allowed, but it can be done. BMR does mention they took some pics with the subframe removed from the car.
When BMR says "lower the front of the cradle to allow access" they mean JUST ENUFF- LOL. You will have to drop those those gold ring spacers on faith alone. Then confirm orientation and placement with a finger.
It's the same on front and back. Very little clearance but can be accomplished on jack stands on your garage floor.
Be sure your jack stand placement doesn't get in the way or prevent the subframe from coming down. And chock those front tires well- you don't want the car rolling off those stands when you're finally torquing everything down. Also, as mentioned mine shifted a bit on install and I had to pry it back into place, so don't tighten anything to spec prematurely.
Last thing, use plenty of grease on those bullets. I used synthetic just to be sure it didn't break down any of the OE bushings and had to use the wooden handle of a ball peen hammer (hammer head in my hands at chest level, pushing up with the end so I could use both hands), in order to push hard enuff to get'em in.
Good luck and have fun!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:58 AM   #18
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Did the cradle lockout only, bought all new bolts, did need an alignment.

22 ZL1 M6.

Noticeable change, MUCH prefer how it acts / drives now.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmr, cradle, cradle lockout, diff lockout