Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Torn between a 2012 SS or a 2013 Tundra V8.

Anybody drive either one?
I think they are both sexy cars!
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
A Tundra? Does that have a back seat?
Yes Double Cab
Old 09-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I have a 2010 SS and a 2013 Tundra and love them both. The Tundra with the 5.7 liter engine drives very nice and smooth. They have plenty of power and look great. I don't regret buying either. It is nice having a truck for when I want to do things like hunting or taking my bike in the mountains for a ride......very convenient to have.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I have a 2010 SS and a 2013 Tundra and love them both. The Tundra with the 5.7 liter engine drives very nice and smooth. They have plenty of power and look great. I don't regret buying either. It is nice having a truck for when I want to do things like hunting or taking my bike in the mountains for a ride......very convenient to have.
Thank you sir! Anything you dislike about the Tundra besides the poor gas mileage?
I might end up buying both.
Thanks again
Old 09-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #5
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Two different vehicles for two completely different purposes. No comparison. Only you have the answer as to what genre of vehicle fits your needs.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Honestly I love it! It just drives great and looks awesome. There's really no regrets at all, especially since it meets all my needs and more. We have the crew max so there's so much room in the back with plenty of leg room even with the front seats moved all the way back. The back window rolls down and I think that's cool as hell. I think either vehicle you get, you won't regret it.....as stated above, it all just depends on your individual needs.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
If you're going to buy a truck then by a mans truck, Silverado.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:45 AM   #8
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I had a 2010 tundra 5.7 crew max trd 4x4 sr5 with every option available minus leather and navi. That thing was amazing, quick, and was very smooth. I only put 21k miles on her until 2012 when i trad3d it in on the new F250 diesel fx4. At times I still miss it, the fuel mileage was non existent otherwise was a damn good truck. Its a hard choice for you op.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:47 AM   #9
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
If you're going to buy a truck then by a mans truck, Silverado.
I respectfully disagree with you...get a Dodge!
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #10
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Silverado with a 6.2L clos to the fun of a Camaro SS

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocmert View Post
Anybody drive either one?
I think they are both sexy cars!
This is one of those many threads that makes no sense to me.

First, you are contemplating the purchase of a "new" (to you) vehicle and seem to have your choice narrowed down to a sports car or a pickup truck. Any sane purchaser would not buy a Camaro if they really need a pickup. Likewise, they would never purchase a pickup if they really want a sports car. Apples and oranges, my friend. The choice should be simple unless you just have $30K+ to piss away on an extra vehicle. If it's more than that, ask yourself which do you NEED? I'm pretty sure you don't need a sports car... you just want one.

Secondly, you are on a Gen5 Camaro Forum and ask, "anybody drive either one?". Ummm, chances are most here have driven a Gen5 Camaro (I would guess 95%, minimum). Maybe not a 2012 or maybe not even a SS, but that's really kind of a dumb question (see... there is such a thing as a dumb question). In addition, of the thousands of C5 Members you are addressing here, chances are very few have driven a Tundra (I would guess 5%, maximum).

The real reason why I hate these kinds of nonsensical threads is: Look how much time you made me waste on replying to your question, and how much time other members have wasted reading my rant.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

If you were asking input to decide between a V6 or a V8 Gen5, or a coupe or a vert... it would all make sense. But since you are asking input to decide between an apple or an orange, suck it up and MAKE A FREAKIN' DECISION!!!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #12
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I respectfully disagree with you...get a Dodge!
I second! Love my Ram!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 09-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #13
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocmert View Post
Thank you sir! Anything you dislike about the Tundra besides the poor gas mileage?
I might end up buying both.
Thanks again
If you have that option... do it!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #14
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I had a 1000 hp 99 silverado, I miss it, thought about selling the camaro and building another one. But I guess that's not why you want a truck.