Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-29-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ultimate Audio Setup 1LE

So I know that my 18' 1LE is intended to be a track car and not a Bass Head car but I love my music loud and clear. I am going to install all these parts this week and will post up a video once all is done and tuned correctly.
JL Audio HD750/1 subwoofer amp with bass level remote
JL Audio Slash 300/4v3 speaker amp
JL Audio FIX 86 Digital Sound Processor
JL Audio 12w7 in a ported box with JL's exact specifications
STEG ST650C Italian Hand Made Component speakers

As of the moment I have only been able to put the 6.5" speakers in the doors.

I used crutchfield for the install parts
6.5 speaker mounting bracket- Metra kit # 82-3018 costs $20
Speaker factory connect wires- Metra 72-5600 $10

I went to Home deport to get double sided foam to use around the speaker and mounting bracket so there would not be any vibration. That worked really well actually. Also I used roofing aluminum with rubber backing material as a vibration and sound dampener on the inside of the doors.

Let me tell you guys, these speakers are amazing and I'm not even running them off my amp at the moment. Already 10 times clearer and louder than stock in my opinion. I could see myself being happy with just changing out the door speakers, but I'm going all out just like I do on my other cars.
Attached Images

Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
I wouldn't say ultimate, but definitely an improvement over stock
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:51 AM   #3
Miami_1LE

I have not seen any other 2018 1LE's with a setup like this yet. Pretty much spent a supercharger kit on Audio. Actually spent this on my Jeep but I'm putting it in the Camaro now. Going even bigger in the Jeep.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
I have not seen any other 2018 1LE's with a setup like this yet. Pretty much spent a supercharger kit on Audio. Actually spent this on my Jeep but I'm putting it in the Camaro now. Going even bigger in the Jeep.
I have 2 arc audio black 10s in a custom built sealed enclosure, hybrid technologies clarus door amd tweeters, with an arc audio ps8 dsp unit, arc audio ks1200/1 class G/H amplifier and an arc audio ks300/4 amp. This setup sounds better than JL components by a decent margin in my opinion, for more or less the same price.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
I have 2 arc audio black 10s in a custom built sealed enclosure, hybrid technologies clarus door amd tweeters, with an arc audio ps8 dsp unit, arc audio ks1200/1 class G/H amplifier and an arc audio ks300/4 amp. This setup sounds better than JL components by a decent margin in my opinion, for more or less the same price.

That, OP, is an ultimate audio setup
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 01-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
drfeelgood

Quote:
Drivers:
Hybrid Audio Technology L1V2 20mm Tweeters
Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U2 2” midrange
Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia L6SE midbass
Hybrid Audio Technology L2X crossover between tweets and midrange for Quasi Active 3 way front stage
Hybrid Audio Technology Imagine 6.5” Coaxial rear Fill
JL Audio W6V3 10” Subwoofer in custom fiberglass box

Amplifiers:
Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U4A 4 channel Amplifier
Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U5A 5 channel Amplifier

Processors:
NAV tV M650-GM Digital Connection
Hertz H8 DSP and DTA

I think Arizona is a great meeting place for us to compare sound systems . Admittedly, I didn’t use much of the necessary sound deadening materials in the convertible, but I still love the sound!

Last edited by drfeelgood; 02-12-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Drivers:
Hybrid Audio Technology L1V2 20mm Tweeters
Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U2 2” midrange
Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia L6SE midbass
Hybrid Audio Technology L2X crossover between tweets and midrange for Quasi- 3 way front stage
Hybrid Audio Technology Imagine 6.5” Coaxial rear Fill
JL Audio W6V3 10” Subwoofer in custom fiberglass box

Amplifiers:
Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U4A 4 channel Amplifier
Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U5A 5 channel Amplifier

Processors:
NAV tV M650-GM Digital Connection
Hertz H8 DSP and DTA

I think Arizona is a great meeting place for us to compare sound systems . Admittedly, I didn’t use much of the necessary sound deadening materials in the convertible, but I still love the sound!
Meeting up would be cool but i think you are drastically underestimating the size of texas lol. El paso, texas is closer to a midway point between us than arizona is.
Even tucson, az is like 14 hours from me.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:29 AM   #8
Miami_1LE

OK, maybe you guys beat me, but there are not that many people hooking up the sound system in these cars. I'm just happy with what I've done to my car. Have any of you guys sound proofed the floor or plastic panels and or trunk area. Ill be tackling that next. The W7 wants to rip the car apart.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #9
drfeelgood

Quote:
Meeting up would be cool but i think you are drastically underestimating the size of texas lol. El paso, texas is closer to a midway point between us than arizona is.
Even tucson, az is like 14 hours from me.
Yeah man, I have driven across country 4 times, Texas is a biaaaaaaaaa

Old 02-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
OK, maybe you guys beat me, but there are not that many people hooking up the sound system in these cars. I'm just happy with what I've done to my car. Have any of you guys sound proofed the floor or plastic panels and or trunk area. Ill be tackling that next. The W7 wants to rip the car apart.
No, No, it’s not about beat, car audio is subjective. I mainly setup SQ systems in my vehicles these days, so every component of the system is deigned for maximum SQ.

I only use HAT drivers because they are the best in the world, at any price point, compared to the competition.

Arc audio is known for making phenomenal amplifiers, I am running Audison Voce Amps in my other daily, but chose to try Hybrid’s class D amps for this setup... I am more than happy with the results!

The only way to properly install a system in this particular generation Camaro (and maintain all factory functionality without disconnecting mics) is to use the GM 650 piece by NAV TV.

DTA and DSP is optional but recommended

I have a few links in another thread regarding proper sound deadening , which is costly and weighs a lot but is necessary for maximum SQ

Old 04-06-2018, 05:57 AM   #11
flcusat

Drives: 2018 1LT
I got the opportunity to meet with Miami_1LE yesterday and hear the system in his car and I was really impressed, great overall sound system.
flcusat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camarospeakers, crutchfield, jlaudio, stegspeaker