Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Car amp install

I finished my amp setup, what do you guys think? Put carpet down then spaced the amp platform 1" above the floor, and ran wire under it to help with vibrations and to help clean up the wiring. I de pinned the connector going to the Bose amp for the anc mics in the doors. I used a pass through connector for the Bose amp to get the signal to the dsp. Hooked it all up, and it worked first time. Thanks to this forum and all the research I did, it helped make things alot easier.
Attached Images

Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
I like it. Nice clean install. Looks great.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Good job. Quick question, how are your door dings, warning beeps, etcs? are they Loud or normal. Also, how is the static white noise? (low hiss sound heard in audio installs). The Gm-650 piece from NAv-TV allows for normalization of the factory door dings so that you don't have to remove the mics. it also has a dual output ( Fiber optic digital and RCA analog) for the signal, and using the digital output, there is ZERO white noise in the system.

Everyone has done installs different, so I'm curious as to how the above issues are present or resoled with the audiocontrol LC2. Thanks!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
Booher

Thanks! No one really notices all the work but you guys, because they don't know much about the camaro. So I had to share. �� I wanted to keep my factory warranty, so I removed 4 of the pins on a connector running to the amp that disconnects the mics, and volume no longer effects all the warning sounds. I did read, you only have to unhook one wire to each Mic but meh, I did both, then heat shrinked it off and out it in some wire loom. I have yet to notice any hissing or static coming through any speakers. It's actually a really easy install if you research it. Basically, buy a dsp to clean up the signal, and get rid of that thing when you turn up the volume it cuts the bass. Then, kill your door mics, and tap off of a speaker, (currently im on the front right, still need to experiment). I'm thinking front right and rear left, Idk sounds funny hah. I read sounds come from driver side front speaker. /shrug. You can buy the pass through amp harness through Amazon. One note, the speaker wire doesn't provide enough voltage to turn on your dsp, which turns on the amp. So I just did an add a fuse to the wireless charger circuit, a 5 amp fuse, and soldered a longer wire onto it. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited by Booher; 02-14-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #5
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Thanks! No one really notices all the work but you guys, because they don't know much about the camaro. So I had to share. �� I wanted to keep my factory warranty, so I removed 4 of the pins on a connector running to the amp that disconnects the mics, and volume no longer effects all the warning sounds. I did read, you only have to unhook one wire to each Mic but meh, I did both, then heat shrinked it off and out it in some wire loom. I have yet to notice any hissing or static coming through any speakers. It's actually a really easy install if you research it. Basically, buy a dsp to clean up the signal, and get rid of that thing when you turn up the volume it cuts the bass. Then, kill your door mics, and tap off of a speaker, (currently im on the front right, still need to experiment). I'm thinking front right and rear left, Idk sounds funny hah. I read sounds come from driver side front speaker. /shrug. You can buy the pass through amp harness through Amazon. One note, the speaker wire doesn't provide enough voltage to turn on your dsp, which turns on the amp. So I just did an add a fuse to the wireless charger circuit, a 5 amp fuse, and soldered a longer wire onto it. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks for sharing. All of my builds are rather extensive. For this one, I didn't want to remove any door mics, etc. I have full digital signal using the GM-650 >> Toslink fiberoptic cables to a hHrtz H8 DSP (with DTA) >> 4channel and 5 channel amplifier. Its a vert so I didn't really bother with the sound deadening, but I like the way the system sounds.
Attached Images

'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
Booher

Wow, that looks really intricate, I like it, you did a really good job! I wanted to keep it simple for once, but after seeing that, you're giving me doubts haha.