Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
Lurkertill03/10/2016

Drives: Soon to be a Camaro
No Haggle or Hassle pricing

Hey guys,

I've been shopping around and as of late I've noticed several dealers plop down their brochure that's states something along the lines of "our systems will always price the cars competitively within the region so there is no haggle or hassle"

They don't even give you a chance to talk discounts or pricing saying their system does it all for them. One of these days I'm gonna lose my sh*t and ask them why they are even employed if a system does it all for them....

Anyways, while I still somewhat have my cool, have any of you experienced this as well? How do you get past this? Three of the four dealers I went to have been stubborn as a bull and won't even consider talking any further discounts or deals beyond their GM discounts

Last edited by Lurkertill03/10/2016; 03-13-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Lurkertill03/10/2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkertill03/10/2016 View Post
Hey guys,

I've been shopping around and as of late I've noticed several dealers plop down their brochure that's states something along the lines of "our systems will always price the cars competitively within the region so there is no haggle or hassle"

They don't even give you a chance to talk discounts or pricing saying their system does it all for them. One of these days I'm gonna lose my sh*t and tell them why they are even employed if a system does it all for them....

Anyways, while I still somewhat have my cool, have any of you experienced this as well? How do you get past this? Three of the four dealers I went to have been stubborn as a bull and won't even consider talking any further discounts or deals beyond their GM discounts

Make your offer. They don't accept it? Walk out and go somewhere else.
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
like srcstc said, however, it would make some sense to give some actual examples of what their "no hassle" price actually is vs what you think you should be paying for it. For all we know, maybe they are priced correctly and you're being unreasonable.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
you can't make a deal without making an offer.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
TimeHater24

Drives: 2017 2SS
I have purchased from autonation a few times, which is one of those " no haggle " dealers. But once you get past the test drive, and they know you are serious they will always haggle. As far as discounting more than the GM rebates, that becomes a little more tricky. Dealers are more likely to offer up their own discounts on cars that have been in stock longer than 30days the older they get, the more aggressive the dealer gets. Also never buy a car in the first 2 weeks of the month. Most dealers get paid more baed on the volume of cars/ models they sell, so the last few weeks, they can be alot more flexible to say give you an extra 2000 off, if it means they make an extra 10k for that model, that month
Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
The no hassle / haggle is OK if they show you all the numbers, including all the amounts of the rebates etc. AND you already know if that final price is a good price or not. One family member bought a car like that while I was helping, but I don't typically buy that way.

Try looking for a small town dealership at the end of the month, and understand (if you are financing) that the banks have quotas too in addition to the dealers. If a small dealer isn't moving cars and they have Camaros on the lot for awhile - you can end up with a much better price than the no haggle places.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
No haggle pricing (a/k/a "one price") was started as a marketing move, it occurred to a sales manager one day to just price all their stuff where they were ending up on deals anyway, and tell people that they don't have to haggle to get there. Because both the customer and the sales manager changed many of the parameters, it got to where it can be valid or invalid as to whether it's a true "no haggle" price. Usually the sales Manager will do a little bit better no matter what. If he wants to move the unit.

But it can be absolutely valid. For example, The Crown group of dealers around Richmond and the Carolinas is a true no haggle price. They will not budge from what they initially quote you.

Last edited by Glen e; 03-13-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #8
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
No haggle pricing (a/k/a "one price") was started as a marketing move, it occurred to a sales manager one day to just price all their stuff where they were ending up on deals anyway, and tell people that they don't have to haggle to get there. Because both the customer and the sales manager changed many of the parameters, it got to where it can be valid or invalid as to whether it's a true "no haggle" price. Usually the sales Manager will do a little bit better no matter what. If he wants to move the unit.

But it can be absolutely valid. For example, The Crown group of dealers around Richmond and the Carolinas is a true no haggle price. They will not budge from what they initially quote you.
My first recollection is that the no-haggle thing started with Saturn...but I'm not old enough to go further back than that.

I highly recommend using the Costco Auto Program, you get a good price on the car and also an extra discount up to $250 for one accessory (I used it on the front splitter).
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
I've personally, in my limited experience, seen a no-haggle price that was as good as I could get it haggling or with applicable (like USAA, etc) discounts somewhere else.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #10
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Or contact Becky at BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

She is a member of this site:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

I ordered my 2SS from her.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #11
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I don't have any experience in this so I will ask. Is the "no haggle" a certain percentage price below sticker and if so, does it also apply to customer new orders?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #12
C10_ustacould

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic A10
I always walk in with a plan based on what I want to pay, however it's a realistic number. I use a an excel spreadsheet to present the figures the same way they do starting with MSRP and work down through incentives, taxes, and fees to my bottom line. I always swing for the fence, low ball them a bit, and see how they react. If they'll come around to what they believe is middle of the road, which is actually my target price, we make the deal. And if not, I move on to someone who will. The thing to remember is you don't owe them anything and they need to sell cars to keep the doors open, so if you stick to your plan you'll get what you want for the fair price.

"I don't anymore, but I ustacould!"

2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:31 PM   #13
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
Hey OP, "Canada" (your sig) covers a big area, so I'm not sure exactly where you are.
I'm in Toronto. Yes, there are a bunch of "no haggle" dealers in my area.
However, as others have stated, drop a number, and make an offer. Who cares about their no haggle rules; Especually if u go close to the end of the month....

As for Costco, Canadian Costco's only deal with Ford. Also, no Becky for us either (too bad re that, she's great!).

Good Luck.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #14
TenSeven

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeHater24 View Post
... Also never buy a car in the first 2 weeks of the month. Most dealers get paid more baed on the volume of cars/ models they sell, so the last few weeks, they can be alot more flexible to say give you an extra 2000 off, if it means they make an extra 10k for that model, that month
When buying my Camaro, I had an odd experience with the end-of-the-month theory.

On April 30th (last day of the month), late in the afternoon, I went to a dealership that had the car I wanted sitting on the lot. After the usual chit-chat BS with the sales staff, I told them I'd pay $48K OTD (Out The Door) for the car. It turns out there was no way they were budging off the $48,450 MSRP. Not A Chance. Zip. Zero. Nada.

I left the dealership expecting my phone to ring at any moment saying they had reconsidered. Nope.

After I got home, I hit the 'net and found a Camaro at another dealer that was identical except that it was Garnet Red (the first one I tried to buy was Hyper Blue), a $395 option at the time, and it's MSRP was $48,845.

Hmmm... it never hurts to ask... Sooo...

The next day (Uh-oh... May 1st! The beginning of the month!), I contacted the second dealer about the car and made my offer of $48K, never expecting them to accept it after what had happened the night before.

A couple of hours later after a few phone calls back and forth, they told me the best they could do was $48.3K OTD.

The extra $300 would be splitting hairs at this point, so... We have a deal, SOLD!

Three days later (the car was still riding the train when we made the deal) I was at the dealer to pick up the car. I was fully expecting "unforeseen events" or other shenanigans to arise that would change the price.

Nope, the deal was done. Did the ridiculous amount of paperwork needed to buy a car and drove it home.

I was genuinely surprised... on the 1st of the month they sell a car below MSRP?

It still amazes me how different dealers from the same company can have completely different philosophies regarding the sales process.
TenSeven is offline   Reply With Quote