Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #211
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Damn I need to just chill out before I get too anxious.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #212
phantomfuzzie

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
ooooooooooh .. the excitement is building .. next year may be a good year for trading of precious!! "maybe" ..
phantomfuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #213
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No, seriously doubt you'll see a hatch. As I said earlier, hatch backs don't sell in the US. And to have a C7 clone for the back end will certainly send Camaro5 into a huge tailspin.

I think what you are seeing here is THE most cleverly disguised car I've ever seen. We took huge steps with the C6 and I've seen GM go to great lengths.

I think you are seeing a car with the windshield dramatically taped smaller.

I think you are seeing a car that may have a Gen 5 front fascia under the Camo to further disguise the front look. Check out the area by the side marker tape. It bulges out more than the rest of the car.

The real back glass under the fake rear glass is also heavily tape up to make it look smaller.

The only things you can see that I count on are the wheel proportions, the exhaust and the OSRV mirrors. Beyond that everything is covered, padded and taped.

Look at some of the side view shots. The fake decklid is actually longer than the rear fascia.

Anyone that says "I don't like it" has x-ray vision in order to make that statement.

The doors are so padded that I'm not even believing the belt line is real.

There is no way to see any feature line on the car. Front fenders are fully padded. Rear quarter panel is fully padded and the doors are padded.

Take all that padding off and I think we are going to see a very tight car. My only hope is GM finally has figured out how to provide great interior space inside a small car.

It is VERY hard to see what we have here.
All True. Even look at the windows . They look so small, but look close and you can see it's taped at the bottom heavily. I think the fender lines might end up lower than the current car.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #214
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
With all the recent Mustang and Hellcat news it's nice to see something from the next Camaro.... and possibly the high horsepower version. 708hp if I had to guess.
Pony car wars are in full stride and it's awesome!
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #215
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
these pix ehh don't mean crap..marketing ploy, which needed to happen..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #216
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
With all the recent Mustang and Hellcat news it's nice to see something from the next Camaro.... and possibly the high horsepower version. 708hp if I had to guess.
Pony car wars are in full stride and it's awesome!
New 770 hp is in the crate ready to go,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #217
ForrGump

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I'm a leather man myself. All that metal wrapped in black leather is a turn on! Sort of how I like my women...a la bondage!

A secretly designed, cool sleek performance model wrapped in black leather packaging....my kind of gal....er.....car. It's what"s underneath that is intriguing.

I wanna see this baby unwrapped!!
ForrGump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #218
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
I just hope maybe they lowered the hood height so you can see out the front easier. As long as the visibility is a bit better it should do alright. I don't mind sitting low, but it's just hard seeing out the 5th gen. In the C7 you sit very low but I have no problem seeing forward how can that be.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #219
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrGump View Post
I'm a leather man myself. All that metal wrapped in black leather is a turn on! Sort of how I like my women...a la bondage!

A secretly designed, cool sleek performance model wrapped in black leather packaging....my kind of gal....er.....car. It's what"s underneath that is intriguing.

I wanna see this baby unwrapped!!
WHAT THE ****
Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #220
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Not sure if anyone's asked before .... but ARE THOSE THE REAL HEADLIGHTS??

... just had to ask.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #221
WATCHER
My Wife's Cool Guy

Drives: 2013 Coupe RS NAVY BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Wait doesn't bumblebee have a good with over exaggerated vents like that?
That won't be the last thing someone will notice...I'm glad I didn't say it.

Headlights and taillights seem to be withdrawn...OR NOT INSTALLED.
If not installed, and they are a complex design (Datsun 370Z)...indentations
is what we would see.

Unless Chevy did something radical...like REAL STYLING?
Could the taillights be like the Malibu?...which is a styling exercise I like.
As opposed to the bland Impala in the pictures... or the current Camaro.

This WILL be fun!...already IS!
WATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #222
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
This appears to be the least wheel-well gap I've seen on a factory Camaro. Yeah!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #223
dadream

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IOM
It's always fun to see the different changes made each year to the camaros but I'm very happy with the one I have.
dadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #224
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No, seriously doubt you'll see a hatch. As I said earlier, hatch backs don't sell in the US. And to have a C7 clone for the back end will certainly send Camaro5 into a huge tailspin.

I think what you are seeing here is THE most cleverly disguised car I've ever seen. We took huge steps with the C6 and I've seen GM go to great lengths.

I think you are seeing a car with the windshield dramatically taped smaller.

I think you are seeing a car that may have a Gen 5 front fascia under the Camo to further disguise the front look. Check out the area by the side marker tape. It bulges out more than the rest of the car.

The real back glass under the fake rear glass is also heavily tape up to make it look smaller.

The only things you can see that I count on are the wheel proportions, the exhaust and the OSRV mirrors. Beyond that everything is covered, padded and taped.

Look at some of the side view shots. The fake decklid is actually longer than the rear fascia.

Anyone that says "I don't like it" has x-ray vision in order to make that statement.

The doors are so padded that I'm not even believing the belt line is real.

There is no way to see any feature line on the car. Front fenders are fully padded. Rear quarter panel is fully padded and the doors are padded.

Take all that padding off and I think we are going to see a very tight car. My only hope is GM finally has figured out how to provide great interior space inside a small car.

It is VERY hard to see what we have here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Seriously folks, nothing to see here. The only thing we can glean from these pictures is 6th gen is in development.
These kind of posts are the reason I trudge through 9 pages of posts....to find the good posts, with decent or realistic information. Something well thought out, and makes us really think about what could possibly be going on under there.

Of course nobody knows. I find it so entertaining to see anyone making actual judgments based on these photos. The only thing you have to go on is the windshield, quad exhaust, wheels (which may or may not make production?...but probably) and to guess at the size since they show some shots of it next to other GM cars. Everything else is a complete guess.

What we SHOULD be excited about is just the simple fact that we have now seen a spied camoed 6th gen! WAA HOOO!!! As the months go on, we will learn more, we'll see the car in different variations, we'll see it with less camo, and more than likely some sketches, or part designs made by 3rd party manufacturers will leak out, and well begin to piece it together.

Now my thoughts...I'd be shocked if that is the complete side glass, as it looks smaller than the 5th gen, which was hammered pretty hard for having small side glass. I don't hate it, but the press and the general public didn't take too kind to it. GM can easily alter the shape of the belt line, while keeping a sleek look to the car. Say having the front of the side glass slope downward to the front of the car, and rise towards the back.

I agree completely, that it looks like a "tighter" car...I think it will end up being a bit smaller.

A slight size reduction, plus going on Alpha should result in a nice weight reduction. I too think that 3,650 to just over 3,700 lbs for a base SS is still a realistic guess. If its close to 3,800 or more for a base SS, I'll be disappointed.

Now I'm excited! Can't wait to find out more.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation