#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2024, 01:15 PM   #57
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Wow I must have went right passed that, looks good. Thanks for the feedback with the pump, I will definitely be getting one down the road.
No problem. Happy to help!

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:00 AM   #58
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks for the feedback. That looks great.

I'm trying to find (or put together) something more stealthy. So far - there aren't many in-line filters that are short enough to fit between the OEM tank feed and the OEM hard line, where the DSX aux' pump "T" pops in. I thinking I may have to fab up a "U"-type break out at that junction and run a filter there. Hmm... I was hoping for doing something with the OEM soft tank line, but there doesn't look like enough room... ugh

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:07 PM   #59
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. That looks great.

I'm trying to find (or put together) something more stealthy. So far - there aren't many in-line filters that are short enough to fit between the OEM tank feed and the OEM hard line, where the DSX aux' pump "T" pops in. I thinking I may have to fab up a "U"-type break out at that junction and run a filter there. Hmm... I was hoping for doing something with the OEM soft tank line, but there doesn't look like enough room... ugh
The dedicated motorsports filter kit is pretty stealthy IMO. It sits behind the blower, bolted to the firewall. The only part that you can see is the 6an line running to the OEM fitting above the valve cover. No different than having a FlexFuel sensor there.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:48 PM   #60
radz28
Petro-sexual

Did you notice or have any problems connecting the in-tank lines to the new bucket? I’m finding I can’t get the gauge to read higher than about 7/8 full, even though I’ve filled the tank to where it will not accept ANY more fuel. The gurgling has stopped (which I presume is it transferring to the driver’s side saddle, and I’ve literally put more than 20-gallons, manually, into the tank, so I know it’s full. I think the crossover lines, or whatever, are stopping the float from reaching the top of it’s arc, and they were a HUGH PITA to reconnect. I’m just asking if you have any tips for reconnecting, because I’m not looking forward to draining a full tank of fuel to try to reorient the lines unsuccessfully…

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 04-02-2024, 10:47 PM   #61
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
I'd much rather have it under the car... there must be a solution out there already, no?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:38 AM   #62
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
I'd much rather have it under the car... there must be a solution out there already, no?
This is what I came up with, and funny enough - this was the same harness routing, I later found because of my fuel sender issue, that Katech suggests for their aux' pump controller installation. It wasn't too difficult and wasn't terribly expensive either. I'll add some nutzerts and adel clamps where the zipties are (they were temporary to see how I like it and how the underbody tray fit), and have since this picture, installed 1/2" spacers under the floor brace where the OEM tank lines connect to the car's fuel lines to give that area some more room for the fittings. It takes up no more room than the DSX aux' pump had and the filter element is about $35 or so (and it's a 2-stage 5-micron element) good for 1000-WHP on E', according to DW's tech.

As far as the filter-related costs: $90 for the filter; less than $100 in fittings; $80 for the PTFE line; and nutzert/tool costs, if you don't already have one. I like this better than the kit referenced above, for both heat/space reasons and because of a more factory look under the hood. I've never leave anyone to think I'm suggesting this is the best way (or that I did a good job, even, lol), but I'm pretty satisfied.
Attached Images

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-04-2024, 06:16 AM   #63
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
Quote:
This is what I came up with, and funny enough - this was the same harness routing, I later found because of my fuel sender issue, that Katech suggests for their aux' pump controller installation. It wasn't too difficult and wasn't terribly expensive either. I'll add some nutzerts and adel clamps where the zipties are (they were temporary to see how I like it and how the underbody tray fit), and have since this picture, installed 1/2" spacers under the floor brace where the OEM tank lines connect to the car's fuel lines to give that area some more room for the fittings. It takes up no more room than the DSX aux' pump had and the filter element is about $35 or so (and it's a 2-stage 5-micron element) good for 1000-WHP on E', according to DW's tech.

As far as the filter-related costs: $90 for the filter; less than $100 in fittings; $80 for the PTFE line; and nutzert/tool costs, if you don't already have one. I like this better than the kit referenced above, for both heat/space reasons and because of a more factory look under the hood. I've never leave anyone to think I'm suggesting this is the best way (or that I did a good job, even, lol), but I'm pretty satisfied.
Did you get the sender issue sorted yet?
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 10:58 AM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual

Working on this over the next couple days. I’m fairly it’s my fault. Tangling the float. I’ll report back though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-04-2024, 09:48 PM   #65
radz28
Petro-sexual

I’m fairly certain it was my fault. I spent an hour trying to make sure the transfer lines were as far as possible from the float and arm. It SEEMS like the float sticks out further than where I think the interference was, but I’ll never know for certain.

BUT - the gauge is reading full now, so I have had sole measure of success. Katech hasn’t heard anyone else have this problem, and my bucket looked the same as any other in the available photos, so I think just being deliberate and careful is the answer. I re-clocked the “T”s a little, just to try to keep force on one of the lines, but I’m not sure it was necessary. Katech also said these fittings are all clock-able, so if you have to do it, do it carefully, and you’ll be okay.

So yeah - gauge reads just fine now. Full tank is full on the gauge.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-19-2024, 06:57 AM   #66
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Working on this over the next couple days. I’m fairly it’s my fault. Tangling the float. I’ll report back though.

How is the install / tuning coming along? Any other updates to share?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:28 AM   #67
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Getting the pump in the tank is the only hard part. There are a lot of hoses that have to be connected inside the tank, and with how much larger the Katech pump is, it makes things difficult.

As far as wiring and tuning goes, it is very straight forward. I bought the DSX aux pump harness, but that was before Katech released their solution. The pump automatically turns on at 5psi boost pressure, so there will only need minor adjustments made on the tune to adjust for the higher pressure/flow.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:19 AM   #68
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I updated my crazy THPSI-thread, but I'll truncate an answer here, too:

Yes. It was my fault, I'm fairly certain.

It seems to be working as you would expect - completely fine. I'm reading a full tank at the gauge, with a full tank. I'm able to force the aux' pump "ON" (momentarily to not over-pressurize the fuel system), so I know it's working. I'm still trying to understand how much I have to modify the tune for the altered settings I have from stock. For example - I turned [6972] MIN. FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE up a little around 13-60 VOLTS when I had the OEM LSFP in there (with the DSX LS), and I've been seeing fuel pressure, when cruising for a while, stay about 12-psi higher than commanded, so I'm playing with the fuel system changes I'd been running. I don't know if stock settings will work better in all circumstances, in conjunction with the new Katech aux' pump, but it seems like I need to keep at least some of the altered settings so the primary Katech pump isn't forced to pull back too much, if that makes any sense. BUT - I can say the REFLEX control for the Katech aux' pump is trickling in the pressure quite nicely, and doesn't try to spike to 90-psi right off the bat.

I would say that, for the most part, both pumps are working as I would expect them to. I'm not saying I have them tuned completely yet, but they are responding predictably with my commands, and that is a good sign.

I am completely satisfied with how this pump module works and is engineered. As Rapid' says below, it's bigger and takes more time to install, but I think the results are worth it. If this system satisfies your fueling needs, I'd recommend it. If you need more, get the FORE TRIPLE, as many others have successfully done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
Getting the pump in the tank is the only hard part. There are a lot of hoses that have to be connected inside the tank, and with how much larger the Katech pump is, it makes things difficult.

As far as wiring and tuning goes, it is very straight forward. I bought the DSX aux pump harness, but that was before Katech released their solution. The pump automatically turns on at 5psi boost pressure, so there will only need minor adjustments made on the tune to adjust for the higher pressure/flow.
I am curious how much you needed to change the tune. As far as the information I've gathered, I'd made several adjustments, but I don't know if they were necessary because of how the DSX controller smacks the aux' pump and the OEM fuel system, or if it's just me. This is the first time I've had to try to tune the fuel system pressures, so I know I have a lot of knowledge to pick up and learn.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"