Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #4103
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Finally I installed my dark tail lamps.which I ordered from.....
Sa-Weet!

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #4104
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
First wax today, woot!
Attached Images

Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:16 PM   #4105
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
I love the knobs how did you do it or where did you get it from?
Soleil, I purchased the interior knob kit from RPI Designs. Easy install. They just press on with your fingers. A small lip will grab the back of the OEM known. Easy and nice upgrade.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #4106
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Technically not today, but most recently I added the GM factory splash guards and did the license plate + reverse light LED conversion. Now the RVC image reaches way farther when backing up in the dark, much better visibility of lurking garbage cans and the like.

These splash guards will definitely not fall off, the front part is attached with 3 rivets plus a T15 screw that replaces a plastic retainer clip, and the rear piece uses 3 T20 screws, both in addition to two sided tape. Very well designed parts with perfect paint match, if a bit expensive (just like almost all OEM parts).
Attached Images

arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #4107
arpad_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Well Done! Really like the painted rotor hats. Calipers look better too.
I can only second that, they look, hmm... enviable
Old 10-22-2017, 11:17 PM   #4108
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Got harassed by a CTS coupe. Not a V either. That didn’t last long.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #4109
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Technically not today, but most recently I added the GM factory splash guards and did the license plate + reverse light LED conversion. Now the RVC image reaches way farther when backing up in the dark, much better visibility of lurking garbage cans and the like.

These splash guards will definitely not fall off, the front part is attached with 3 rivets plus a T15 screw that replaces a plastic retainer clip, and the rear piece uses 3 T20 screws, both in addition to two sided tape. Very well designed parts with perfect paint match, if a bit expensive (just like almost all OEM parts).
Splash guards look AWESOME!!!! My only fear is that I replaced the side markers with LED ones, and should one burn out, I would have to remove the splash guard in order to access the screws..........

Also curious what you used to make your tires shine like that? Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #4110
arpad_m

Thanks it's Adam's Tire Shine, for the first time. I've driven roughly 150 miles since then, and it looks pretty much the same, we'll see how long it lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Splash guards look AWESOME!!!! My only fear is that I replaced the side markers with LED ones, and should one burn out, I would have to remove the splash guard in order to access the screws..........

Also curious what you used to make your tires shine like that? Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #4111
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Thanks it's Adam's Tire Shine, for the first time. I've driven roughly 150 miles since then, and it looks pretty much the same, we'll see how long it lasts.
Thanks! Much appreciated!! Mike ..
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 10-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #4112
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post

You don't need to remove the splash guards to get to the side markers. I added the Diode Dynamics after I already had the splash guards installed. I just removed enough screws to pull back the wheel well liner to get to the markers.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #4113
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
You don't need to remove the splash guards to get to the side markers. I added the Diode Dynamics after I already had the splash guards installed. I just removed enough screws to pull back the wheel well liner to get to the markers.
Exactly. I installed Oracle side markers after the splash guards were installed.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #4114
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Exactly. I installed Oracle side markers after the splash guards were installed.
Well that is GREAT to know........ Looks like I'll be ordering the color matched splash guards now.........
Old 10-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #4115
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
I was able to finally close on my lemon buyback and swapped by 16 2SS A8 to an 18 1SS 1LE M6! I know not everyone would agree but I 100% regret not picking the M6 in the first place after spending all day with the M6 ... the A8 is great and fun in its own right but for me there is no comparison in the engagement and thrill. Downside is that light acceleration in every gear quickly pushes me past the posted speed limit.
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #4116
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketan View Post
I was able to finally close on my lemon buyback and swapped by 16 2SS A8 to an 18 1SS 1LE M6! I know not everyone would agree but I 100% regret not picking the M6 in the first place after spending all day with the M6 ... the A8 is great and fun in its own right but for me there is no comparison in the engagement and thrill. Downside is that light acceleration in every gear quickly pushes me past the posted speed limit.
GORGEOUS ride Bro!!!!