Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #15
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Congrats Zack!!!! You deserve it! Keep in mind that the A10 is NOT available during launch of the ZL1. They will add the A10 with the verts sometime next year, probably 2nd quarter (just trying to look out for you buddy!).

Your answers:
1) Front splitter and side skirts come standard!
2) We've only seen black painted or carbon weave (carbon weave is an extra option) BUT from what I gathered spending time with the car and the team, you will be able to buy just the carbon weave as a part from a vendor or your local parts department and install it (which I think is a really great idea to keep the initial cost down a little and use it a mod down the line, which I plan on doing as well).

Suggestion, you should definitely add the PDR option! It's just like the NPP and MRC, it's factory installed only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
The A10 has a constraint. Explain how your order went through. In addition the ZL1 doesn't go up on the ordering site till Sep.8th.

I'm calling this out because your post is contradictory to everything we all know.
You could calm down a bit. Could be for many reasons... Allocation of dealership, Zacks dealership taking the order but not submitting it or, submitting it and not have gotten work bench confirmation... System could've been turn off between X and Y time... etc.

The dealership accepting the order with A10 clearly not being released during the first launch is a bit shady for my taste... But like I said, they could be just taking his order to hold on till A10 is given a go from GM and then they will submit it as their first order for it... who knows.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #16
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
This is what the order workbench looks like as of today. I'm calling BS on this.

Can you post an image? Very curious how your order could possibly have been entered.
I simply placed the order with my dealer today on the GM workbench.....Won't go thru until the automatics are available and yes I do know orders for manual don't actually go thru until Sept. 8....

My dealer will try to put it thru but we all know, it won't go thru......

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:19 PM   #17
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Congrats Zack!!!! You deserve it! Keep in mind that the A10 is NOT available during launch of the ZL1. They will add the A10 with the verts sometime next year, probably 2nd quarter (just trying to look out for you buddy!).

Your answers:
1) Front splitter and side skirts come standard!
2) We've only seen black painted or carbon weave (carbon weave is an extra option) BUT from what I gathered spending time with the car and the team, you will be able to buy just the carbon weave as a part from a vendor or your local parts department and install it (which I think is a really great idea to keep the initial cost down a little and use it a mod down the line, which I plan on doing as well).

Suggestion, you should definitely add the PDR option! It's just like the NPP and MRC, it's factory installed only!

You could calm down a bit. Could be for many reasons... Allocation of dealership, Zacks dealership taking the order but not submitting it or, submitting it and not have gotten work bench confirmation... System could've been turn off between X and Y time... etc.

The dealership accepting the order with A10 clearly not being released during the first launch is a bit shady for my taste... But like I said, they could be just taking his order to hold on till A10 is given a go from GM and then they will submit it as their first order for it... who knows.
I'm very calm I just read what was written. It said I ordered a ZL1 today. A more accurate description is I spec'd out a ZL1 today. If his dealer accepted the order they were not able to submit anything. The car is scheduled to be availanle for order on Sep 8th. I do not believe anything as you have stated. System bring up or down at certain times. This is still August. At least when people read it now they will understand the facts. No ones order will be submitted or accepted until the MXO is available. If the dealership is holding his allocation they are wasting a manual order during Phase 1. Realistically his and everyone else's order will sit idle to the MXO becomes available. It's simply a misleading post. Good luck with your car.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #18
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
I simply placed the order with my dealer today on the GM workbench.....Won't go thru until the automatics are available and yes I do know orders for manual don't actually go thru until Sept. 8....

Congrats. Your 2LT gen6 is a nice pacifier while you wait. The difference when you get into the ZL1 will be mind blowing

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #19
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
If you haven't driven the SS yet, I suggest you go drive one before your order gets put in, just so you can see what you are dealing with in terms of power and torque. At least this way you can see and feel what the LT1 V8 is all about. Just a suggestion coming from the V6.
Thanks, SSport16, I will definitely take the SS out for a test drive and probably if the dealer will let me test the Z06. Since they are pretty much using that engine for the ZL1.

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 08-25-2016, 10:27 PM   #20
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:

That's great however I still struggle to understand how you could place an order for anything as of today. The ordering system doesn't allow for it. I consider an order an order when it's submitted and any dealer that is able to submit such an order gets a workbench immediately along with a number to confirm its submission. Good luck with your ride.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #21
Zack46

Quote:
I'm very calm I just read what was written. It said I ordered a ZL1 today. A more accurate description is I spec'd out a ZL1 today. If his dealer accepted the order they were not able to submit anything. The car is scheduled to be availanle for order on Sep 8th. I do not believe anything as you have stated. System bring up or down at certain times. This is still August. At least when people read it now they will understand the facts. No ones order will be submitted or accepted until the MXO is available. If the dealership is holding his allocation they are wasting a manual order during Phase 1. Realistically his and everyone else's order will sit idle to the MXO becomes available. It's simply a misleading post. Good luck with your car.
No problem at all. I thought I would create the thread and just explain in detail that I know that it won't go thru until the MX0s are available.

Are you thinking about switching to the manual or just sticking with the MXO and waiting it out?

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 08-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #22
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
No problem at all. I thought I would create the thread and just explain in detail that I know that it won't go thru until the MX0s are available.

Are you thinking about switching to the manual or just sticking with the MXO and waiting it out?

I'll wait it out. No sense compromising. They promised us the best auto trans out there. I'm holding them to that promise.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #23
Prime29

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well, I did it...............After countless days mulling this over I walked into my dealership and ordered the 2017 Camaro ZL1 in hyper blue metallic with the 10-speed automatic and navigation. And Yes, they had an allocation available.

I sat with my dealer and went thru the GM Workbench order form and made sure that everything was checked according to what I want and made sure that its an SRE order.

I realize the automatic probably won't be available till January, I'm hoping sooner but you never know. I realize that this will be a JOURNEY. And my order will go thru when it goes thru, whenever that may be. I'm not really expecting to take delivery until spring sometime. But, again who knows......I'm really stoked but my emotions are tempered because its going to be a while before I see her..........

Some questions:

1. The black front splitter, does that come standard on the car or is it an accessory that you have to order? I'm hoping it comes as a standard..

2. The hood extractor does this come painted black as a standard or does it come body color? All the pictures I've seen its painted black with a optional carbon weave..............Again, I'm hoping this comes as a standard.

Some other observations looking at the 100 page order form that I downloaded from this site, no options for the interior (I will miss my white ceramic interior from my 2016 2LT) and no options for wheels. I do like the wheels that come stock on the car....

3 reasons I did this:

1. You only live once
2. I want this car and want to experience a super charged V8 and all of the performance stuff that comes along with it...
3. You only live once

Zack46 So how does the trade in process go when you trade in your V6 Camaro for the ZL1? Did they quote your current car? Will they let you drive it until you get your ZL1? Because I'm going to get the ZL1 as well, I just don't know the process of trading in my current SS.
Prime29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:57 AM   #24
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
That's great however I still struggle to understand how you could place an order for anything as of today. The ordering system doesn't allow for it. I consider an order an order when it's submitted and any dealer that is able to submit such an order gets a workbench immediately along with a number to confirm its submission. Good luck with your ride.
Yeah. The dealer letting you play on the computer to make a car up is not really ordering.
Seems more like 'I want to be the first to say I ordered a ZL1' thread.

I think I will go order a battleship tomorrow.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:45 AM   #25
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Congrats Zack! It will be a long wait, but well worth it
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:27 AM   #26
cwatson6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - Red Hot
Congrats on the upgrade when you get it.
cwatson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:03 AM   #27
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
I Ordered A 2017 ZL1 Today!

Quote:

He didn't place an order. He simply checked some boxes that are now saved for when ordering does open up. Which has been mentioned here for the A10 may be awhile.

However I should clarify that I would be extremely excited about this as well.

The wait is going to be killer though. I don't know if I could do it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Memphis43; 08-26-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:23 AM   #28
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Zack,

No matter what others are saying, I'm happy for you, regardless of where your order stands because in the end you will have a pirma grin that will last forever.

Well done my friend, I will admit from one LT owner to another....I'm jealous

Here's what it will look like.

Name:  14064169_10155112524053858_9157931066281780763_n.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  108.8 KB

Last edited by SQUALO; 08-26-2016 at 09:38 AM.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote