Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #15
nazarah

Drives: 2004 Dodge Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
Really nice car, congrats. I didn't notice that it looked a little higher but make sure the blocks are out of the front springs. Sounds crazy but it is amazing how many are running around that the dealer didn't know to pull them out. They came with them to get them on and off the truck when shipping. They are yellow and should be kept in the car in case you ever have the put it on a roll up flat bed.
Also I would do a fuse pull to it in case it ever had lower octane run in it. It will auto program to adj for the low octane but needs to have the fuse pulled to program it back to where it should be. Sorry but i don't remember which fuse number it is but i'm sure you can find a thread on here about it. Put it away for the winter and buy something with the money you save on ins.
Thanks! I did find the yellow blocks in the battery compartment out back when I had to change the battery out.

About that fuse pull. I've read so many threads about that. What I don't know yet, is if the 5th gen will "re learn" that it has 93 back in it on it's own after some time of driving, or if you have to do the pull to force it to relearn. Do you know? I have not done the actual fuse pull yet.
nazarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #16
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
nazarah, you have to pull the fuse, it won't do it on its own. I'm sorry but I don't remember the fuse number. There should be a thread on here about it somewhere. I do it every spring, even though i put Sta-Bil in it i can only assume the octane drops a little, so I use up the gas that is in it , fill it up will new gas and then do the pull. I want to say #5 but that might be for the mufflers. A lot of people like to pull the muffler one and just leave it out so they stray open all the time, but maybe not as a DD. If I get a chance i will stop by my car today and see what fuses they are. If you have any questions you can call me, Rick 616-566-2679. Thanks
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #17
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
I just googled it, #5 and #20. I don't remember doing two of them, getting old I guess. They are both 15 amp fuses. This came up for an SS but i would think it would be the same for the LSA. Do some research but this should be what you need.
I leave mine out over night but I think anything around 3 hrs will work.
A lot of guys just do this every now and then just to be safe, you never really know what gas you are getting. I hope this helps you, again call if you have any questions.
Also check to make sure that it hasn't had a reprogram to the ECU, if so check with them before you try this. we don't want to mess that up if it has.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #18
nazarah

Drives: 2004 Dodge Viper
Thanks Rick, I'll give this a shot tonight. Maybe it'll drive like a whole new car tomorrow......

I was able to get into contact with one of the previous owners of the vehicle. They did have a custom tune done after the headers and ported TB were installed. Will doing the fuse pull erase any changes of that tune, setting it back to factory settings essentially?
nazarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #19
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Fuse pull will not change anything in the tune. You'll be good there. FWIW, the knock learn factor should find it's way back to 0 all by itself when there is no knock present. It just takes a while. Fuse pull is a do it now reset button.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote