Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
1973Stingray

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Drove a 2015 Mustang GT today

Had somewhat of mixed feelings while driving it.
I did like the clutch and manual shift and exhaust but still it did not feel as good as a Camaro.
Even though the Mustang has more HP I felt that the Camaro had more power.
Overall a nice car but I rather wait for the new 2016 Camaro's before pulling the trigger.
Oh one more crazy thing, the hood still requires a manual rod to hold it up.
WTH
1973Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Nice style on these cars. The transmission play feels top notch... from clutch to stick to how it feels to its longevity. Its great... but for me it pretty much ends there. The car still feels 'cheap' to me, if you can imagine the feeling. Almost like I'm surrounded by dressed up cardboard. The exhaust to me is like a car thats trying to hard to make some noise. The suspension to me is touchy, as I wouldn't dare do in one of these things what I do in mine on some nice winding road. My ride just hugs the curves like glue... I don't think I'd trust the Mustang if I were to try what I like to do in mine.

These are nice rides... but there's the Camaro. The Camaro continues to be miles ahead on everything else but perhaps just the transmission, at least for me.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:51 PM   #3
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
I actually found the GTPP to be quite poised and nimble. I like the gearing of the trans and how the engine is always in the meat of its power band. The electronic steering takes some getting used to for sure. I tried it on all modes and normal felt just right to me. I don't like the double "ribs" or what have you on the hood and if it has Recaros, they're tight! The seating position felt really good besides the snug seats. I like a lot of things about it and dislike some too. It's a great Era to be alive in for sure with these remarkable and wonderful cars we get to enjoy nowadays.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #4
1fastmf

Drives: SBM G8 Gt
Imo a s550 mustang gt is a much better car then a 5th gen camaro ss. No contest if you've had seat time in both. I'm sure the 6th gen will be a different story
1fastmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:35 AM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Imo a s550 mustang gt is a much better car then a 5th gen camaro ss. No contest if you've had seat time in both.
Stock vs Stock, perhaps... but the Mustang feel of a better can easily be overcome with a properly set up 5th gen. And having seat time in both, I still think my 5th gen is a much better car.

Just me tho, and well to each their own. Its all very relative...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:44 AM   #6
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
I was in the market for both, drove the 15 GT and loved the torque and the power, then I test drove the 1LE, and it was over. The 1LE handling and power was the perfect balance and even though the mustang had a fresh new design nothing beats the looks of the 1LE in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:47 AM   #7
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
I drove both a bunch before pulling the trigger and I have to say the Camaro is just a better car. I owned a 4.6 2010 GT and it was total crap. I drove a 2015 GT four or five times and it has horrible back end travel. I always was over or under steering to correct. More power? Yes. Less drivable though. Its not that good of a car compared to the Camaro. If you look at my intro in the pic of the front of my car you'll see where I bought it. A ford dealership. Even my salesman there drove a Camaro as did the guy across from .....him only chicks drive mustangs lol. Id by a used Camaro before a new stang.
b4cz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:24 AM   #8
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
it's a ford
that alone is enough to put me off lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:28 AM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Do you think I should go for a USED 2014/2015 Camaro SS over the New Mustang GT? My Father and I were driving last week to get Chinese Food and a 2015 Mustang passed by us and he laughed and said he disliked the taillights...sorry to be random just wanted to mention this.

I guess it would make more sense to buy a used car over a new...right?

Also would I notice a HUGE INCREASE in torque with a 2015 Challenger RT over my 2010 V6 Camaro?
Coming from a v6 camaro and having driven the rt. I can tell you it's a weird feeling car. Definitely a lot bigger, and you feel it. But the RT in my opinion isn't worth it. Low end torque is great but once the car hits 60-70mph it seems like it falls flat on its face. The best bargain on the challenger platform is the scat pack. For 37k you get the srt 392 with last years srt suspension. That car is a blast to drive in a straight line. If you're expecting handling the camaro, you'll definitely be disappointed. But as a cruiser, it's a fun car

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:15 AM   #10
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Stingray View Post
Had somewhat of mixed feelings while driving it.
I did like the clutch and manual shift and exhaust but still it did not feel as good as a Camaro.
Even though the Mustang has more HP I felt that the Camaro had more power.
Overall a nice car but I rather wait for the new 2016 Camaro's before pulling the trigger.
Oh one more crazy thing, the hood still requires a manual rod to hold it up.
WTH
First thing my friend did with his 14 is get rid of the rod.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #11
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
it's a ford
that alone is enough to put me off lol
Exactly!
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 AM   #12
1973Stingray

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Stock vs Stock, perhaps... but the Mustang feel of a better can easily be overcome with a properly set up 5th gen. And having seat time in both, I still think my 5th gen is a much better car.

Just me tho, and well to each their own. Its all very relative...
Can't agree more.
I also thought that the inside was cheap.
New Camaro interior looks hot.
1973Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:44 AM   #13
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Looks like a bloated Ford Fusion

Not even remotely interested, I'd buy a previous gen Mustang before the new ones.
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #14
ShadowLS

Drives: Black LS
I sat in a new GT and didn't even drive it.

I didn't feel the interior was that great. Was better than the current gen in materials if you like spongy dashboards. Didn't like the fake molded stitching on the dash.

Sitting back in the Camaro proves to be more "plastic fantastic" but everything just felt more substantial. Felt like it would hold up. Then again, this is all opinion.
ShadowLS is offline   Reply With Quote