Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Might trade up....I got the V8 bug!!!!!

Ok so you read the thread......may pull the trigger if the numbers are right!!! Allstate said $88 less per 6 mos. if I get a SS, what mods if any are compatible with the V8? CAI or catch can? the rest other than a few LED bulbs will have to get traded along with the car, but can i remove my catch can and CAI or should i give em to whoever gives me the most for my car?????? Thanks
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I would keep your car you have now, with the cost of gas constantly going up you will wish you didn't sell it. There is member on here who has a v6 and a v8 and he drives his v6 more because the cost of fuel. Just my .02
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Qtrofablock

Thanks bro, Im just thinkin if I can get this SS i found for the right price my payment will be about 20-50 more a mo. and gas.....well Idk????? Im just stuck, I want more power, and the only thing I can do is void my warranty or trade up!!!!! I've looked at gears and super chargers, and that would be $10000 or more......SS is 103 more horse, brembos and leather, just seems like a better option, I love my car no matter what.....! So for me its a win win no matter what......I just want you guys input...I value and respect the opions on this forum......Dealerships are morons and this is the best website online!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Getttt'r Duuuuuuuuuuuuunnn................. Keep us posted brah
Old 11-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Khmero215

Drives: Victory Red 2SS
do it!!!! i did it couple months ago, dont regret it at all
Khmero215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
If you decide to trade-in, I recommend you return it back to stock as much as possible. Sell your aftermarket parts locally and online. The dealership will frown on mods and offer you less... particularly since they cannot resell it as 'pre-owned certified' because to do so it has to be 100% stock.

I believe that if you have a universal type PCV Catch Can for a Camaro, it can be used on either V6 or V8 2010+ Camaro models. As for your CAI, the elbows differ from V6 to V8, but contact the manufacturer, they may be able to sell you a la carte pieces you'll need. If not just sell it privately and buy yourself a new CAI once you have the SS.

Good luck! Whether you upgrade or not, you still have a Camaro... true & blue.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Enough of the intake is different that I would say you'd have to start over. The catch can will work on the new car.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
If you decide to trade-in, I recommend you return it back to stock as much as possible. Sell your aftermarket parts locally and online. The dealership will frown on mods and offer you less... particularly since they cannot resell it as 'pre-owned certified' because to do so it has to be 100% stock.

I believe that if you have a universal type PCV Catch Can for a Camaro, it can be used on either V6 or V8 2010+ Camaro models. As for your CAI, the elbows differ from V6 to V8, but contact the manufacturer, they may be able to sell you a la carte pieces you'll need. If not just sell it privately and buy yourself a new CAI once you have the SS.

Good luck! Whether you upgrade or not, you still have a Camaro... true & blue.
I agree with forty. Get you car back to stock. Sell all things that are not transferable to the v8. Also I believe that the CAI from the v6 will not work on the v8. You can pm APEX and they will know the answer but im pretty sure you cant. But go ahead and make the trade for the v8 you wont regret it. I spend about 20$ more on gas since ive upgraded to the v8 but the power is so worth it
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I wouldn't worry about the mods, sell as-is. I have traded in cars and they didn't even look under the hood nor drive it. Plus your V8 won't need a catch can (can't wait to hear all the vendors who sell them go off on me about that, again)

To me, there is nothing like a stock car equipped the way the engineers meant it to be. And the 2SS/RS Camaro is all the Camaro you need, that and a ragtop...
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Qtrofablock

Thanks ! We'll see if mr salesman wants to make a sale, I have the upper hand on this deal so if all go well its on.....if not well i'll be on here lookin for more mods!!!Thanks for your support !!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Thanks bro, Im just thinkin if I can get this SS i found for the right price my payment will be about 20-50 more a mo. and gas.....!
Never purchase a car based on monthly payments. Always purchase based on the bottom line price.
It is easy for a dealer to hide $10,000 in the monthly payments to upgrade to a SS. If you look at it that way, the upgrade doesn't look so good.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
You will love the SS.

I love mine ...
Name:  SLP%20splitter%20outside%20pics%20005wht.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  356.0 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I agree with upflying - it seems we hear from quite a few folks who brag that they got their new SS for only a few bucks more a months but leave out that they now have 70 more months of payments. But then again we aren't here to babysit your bank account.

That said - if you can swing it then I say go for it! I will admit now that if life events weren't in my way I'd be there with you.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Take the mods off and sell privately. Your CAI will not work on a v8. It wont increase your trade in value to leave them on and you can make a few hundred bucks off of them gor new mods on the SS. I did the upgrade and love it!! Gas is worse tho so you have to consider that. Mines not a daily driver and my SS costs me more in gas per month then my daily driver so its def something to think about. I average about 16mpg in the SS. Buuuuut SO WORTH IT!! Nothing beats the power and fun in the V8.

Good luck!!

Last edited by angie7; 11-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.
angie7 is offline   Reply With Quote