Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #85
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
I want to add that my truck is red in color and the interior color is light grey and I originally tinted the windows with 5% limo tint that's probably faded to about 10% and both Camaros I test drove where solid black with black interior and just the slight tint they come with from the factory. Even though I'm sure vehicle color and window tint contribute to the perceived performance of the air conditioning, even when I put my hand right up next to the vents I can clearly feel a difference. Maybe I can get a digital thermometer and test each vehicles air temp right at the vents and film it. The truck will easily and quickly give me goose bumps when on max/high in a mere few minutes, but the Camaro can barely make me feel uncomfortable on max/high on a thirty minute drive with three vents facing directly at me!
You and I have the same issue.I did have 2 seized compressors replaced and ever since the second one was installed the output has been exactly like you described with yours.Except Mine will kick out on really hot days 95+ afte about 1 hr and blow warn air for about 30 seconds then start up cold again.
It is in the shop now and they called me yesterday and said nothing was wrong.I told them to take it for a nice long ride and then get back to me.They had only hook it to the computer at that time.
This morning they called again,said nothing's wrong??..
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #86
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Are people remembering to put it on re-circulate... I noticed last weekend on a 2012 that if you forget the compressor has a hard time contiually cooling air temps of 90 + degrees from outside the car. When I remembered and clicked re-circulate it got much colder, very fast.
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #87
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
It works well for the most part, but I feel like my 2007 Impala had more effective AC, plus dual climate control is nice to have. I do miss that!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #88
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Mine is always nice and cold and is that way before I even turn off my street. I turn mine onto maximum settings when I get in which is dial turned all the way left, "snowflake" A/C button on, & recirc button on. This is max A/C settings.
If youre having to recharge your refridgerant this soon you may have a leak and should insist your dealer do a check. And checking the system isnt difficult. Any shop with a Robinair machine can evacuate the refrigerant and pull a vacuum using the machine to check for leaks in very little time. I can't believe that some of these shops are sending you guys that are complaining home and saying nothing is wrong. >.< That is so irritating. My very first ASE is in Climate Control/HVAC. Darn lazy techs. -_-
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #89
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6

Texas heat last summer, no issues with the AC!

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #90
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Mine is perfect!
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #91
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Mine felt a little lack luster today, on max AC with recirc on, temp outside was 107°F at lunch... struggled to cool it down by the time I got to where I was going.

On a longer run it should be ok. Already had the blower unit replaced once due to the fan being loose and squeaking like crazy.
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #92
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
Mine is always nice and cold and is that way before I even turn off my street. I turn mine onto maximum settings when I get in which is dial turned all the way left, "snowflake" A/C button on, & recirc button on. This is max A/C settings.
If youre having to recharge your refridgerant this soon you may have a leak and should insist your dealer do a check. And checking the system isnt difficult. Any shop with a Robinair machine can evacuate the refrigerant and pull a vacuum using the machine to check for leaks in very little time. I can't believe that some of these shops are sending you guys that are complaining home and saying nothing is wrong. >.< That is so irritating. My very first ASE is in Climate Control/HVAC. Darn lazy techs. -_-
I just picked mine up afte the service manager said it was so cold he had to turn it down.Well I bought a temp gauge before I arrived and put it in the vent.Turned the A/c to recirculate,little snowflake and set it on max.Drove 20 miles and reading was 60. Then turned it down from max 2 clicks and in less than 2 minutes temp dropped from 60 to 42 degrees.I'm sorry but something is fishy if I need to drive 20 miles before I get relief and then only after I lower the fan speed.They checked it on computer,drained and evacuated system.Refilled system and said they checked the drain.
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #93
rwmiller56

Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
I'm happy with the A/C performance. It is better compared to my '88 Vette.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #94
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
it works good enough for me
Old 06-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #95
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
there's your problem. if it needs "filled up" then your loosing it somewhere. a properly running systems should never need filled up.
It was down 1/4 pound. Cause drivers side to blow ambient air. It is now fully charged and blows cooler than ambient but that's about it
Old 06-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #96
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Your AC definitely needs to be serviced.....

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #97
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Interior color makes all the difference in the world. My '08 GTI was the first, and last, car that I will ever own with an all-black interior.
CamaroWinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #98
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post
You and I have the same issue.I did have 2 seized compressors replaced and ever since the second one was installed the output has been exactly like you described with yours.Except Mine will kick out on really hot days 95+ afte about 1 hr and blow warn air for about 30 seconds then start up cold again.
It is in the shop now and they called me yesterday and said nothing was wrong.I told them to take it for a nice long ride and then get back to me.They had only hook it to the computer at that time.
This morning they called again,said nothing's wrong??..
Mine did that same thing and they kept telling me nothing's wrong. but you have to drive the car for awhile for it to do it. Well, I found a bulletin about it and took it in and he reset my computer and my a/c is working good now.