#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #43
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
I'm no fanboy, I drive a dodge because they gave me the best deal on my Challenger.

Did I say the new SRT8 Charger is the greatest thing since sliced bread? No. What I did say is that I suspect real world times will often match the magazine times or exceed them. I brought up the 5.0 and the 392 Challenger as examples.

You're the one who started making accusations of "press cars".

Ok, press cars don't exist ...you happy now?

FYI Any car a rag tests is a prepared "press car"...but they still don't exist.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #44
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
The Charger 392 SRT8 will slightly outrun the 5.0 and the LS3 SS, just like the Challenger 392...... trap speeds do not lie. Sure, there will be some denial... that is always the first step .
Not sure I buy that. Will wait and see what shows up at the strip.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 AM   #45
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
cervini....reminded me of the 92' z28 3 box wing...wanted one of those so bad out of high school, so now I have my dream wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
^What spoiler is that on your Challenger? ^

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #46
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Actually the price is very good for what the Chargeer comes with. You are getting things found on much pricier cars such as rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise control, 900 watt sound systems from the same company high end makers like Lexus uses, paddle shifters, speacial bodywork, interior treatments, SRT specific seats with extra bolstering, heated AND cooled fron seats, heated back seats, heated SRT specific flat bottom steering wheel, electronically adjustable suspension, touch screen navigation, etc, etc. You are basically getting 90% of the performance of a E55 or M5 for 50% of the price and not really giving up any features. And even the handling is excellent (it pulled better numbers than he Camaro SS does and is every bit the euqal or better in most performance situations compared to it's much MUCH pricier competitors).
While that may be true theres a little something called brand name and that intangible reputation of world class cars that allow those companies to ask what they ask. There's no way in hell Dodge deserves to ask that price on any car in their line up besides a viper. Sorry even with all that stuff people at the end of the day will still say yeah but its a dodge. Thats like making 90% of a Ferrari on a Kia and then asking for 95,000. LOL people will laugh it out of the market, yes it may be good and you can say well its 90% of what a ferrari but in the end its still a KIA and there's a certain ceiling that any kia can charge no matter how good the car. You don't see GM asking for Cadillac prices on their Buick cars which are just as good if not better then cadillac counterparts.

That's all I'm saying and yes we all know that its not like this car is going to be a big seller as far as mass numbers. The Challenger SRT8 isn't so this will be no difference. Point is Dodge is overpricing their stuff and don't have a rep like that to get top dollar. Sorry that's just the facts, sale numbers don't lie.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #47
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
While that may be true theres a little something called brand name and that intangible reputation of world class cars that allow those companies to ask what they ask. There's no way in hell Dodge deserves to ask that price on any car in their line up besides a viper. Sorry even with all that stuff people at the end of the day will still say yeah but its a dodge. Thats like making 90% of a Ferrari on a Kia and then asking for 95,000. LOL people will laugh it out of the market, yes it may be good and you can say well its 90% of what a ferrari but in the end its still a KIA and there's a certain ceiling that any kia can charge no matter how good the car. You don't see GM asking for Cadillac prices on their Buick cars which are just as good if not better then cadillac counterparts.

That's all I'm saying and yes we all know that its not like this car is going to be a big seller as far as mass numbers. The Challenger SRT8 isn't so this will be no difference. Point is Dodge is overpricing their stuff and don't have a rep like that to get top dollar. Sorry that's just the facts, sale numbers don't lie.

The thing is, the current Durangos can run that much or more and they are selling like hotcakes. the Dodge brandname isn't as bad as you are making it out to be, especially wince their newest cars are basically all good products. The 1 big thing the Charger and the 300 have going for them is that there is nothing really comparable to them for less than 20 or 30k more than what they cost. Like you said the SRT is a low production car, most of the CHargers meat is the V6/RT, in which case youget a fullsize, RWD, v6 for 25k (right in the meat of the midsizers), and the R/T V8 for 30k (32k for AWD). i think there pricing is right where it needs to be on all models. Heck, people are paying 50k for the Hyundai Genesis these days and we have Sonatas and Optimas that can run more than 30k and are selling like hotcakes.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #48
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
The thing is, the current Durangos can run that much or more and they are selling like hotcakes. the Dodge brandname isn't as bad as you are making it out to be, especially wince their newest cars are basically all good products. The 1 big thing the Charger and the 300 have going for them is that there is nothing really comparable to them for less than 20 or 30k more than what they cost. Like you said the SRT is a low production car, most of the CHargers meat is the V6/RT, in which case youget a fullsize, RWD, v6 for 25k (right in the meat of the midsizers), and the R/T V8 for 30k (32k for AWD). i think there pricing is right where it needs to be on all models. Heck, people are paying 50k for the Hyundai Genesis these days and we have Sonatas and Optimas that can run more than 30k and are selling like hotcakes.
Well it's not that I'm saying they are doing bad, hell I'm probably getting a new 300 to replace my current one. I like the brand no doubt. I wouldn't pay that much for a chevy or ford brand offering the exact same things. Dodge, Chevy and Ford brands are meant to be afforable everyday man brands. Now say that Chysler because dodge is under that decides to branch out and build extreme sports cars and luxury cars under lets call it Imperial and from the start everything is luxury and performance driven and expected to be high priced. Well then that's when I would buy that car. Kinda how Fiat builds economy cars but then have the big dog ferrari brand for the high end stuff. That's all I'm saying, it's hard to look a dodge or any brand for that matter that sales most cars starting in the 20's range but then have the exact same car that starts in the 20s and look almost the same but goes for close to 50's. Just hard for me to drop the money on that. Same goes for the ZL1 and GT500, I would never pay that money for those when the exact same car model starts in the low 20s. At that price point I'm going vette and above cars.

Sorry so long just though I'd explain what I meant. No hate at all dodge or the new charger.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #49
Stew

Quote:
Well it's not that I'm saying they are doing bad, hell I'm probably getting a new 300 to replace my current one. I like the brand no doubt. I wouldn't pay that much for a chevy or ford brand offering the exact same things. Dodge, Chevy and Ford brands are meant to be afforable everyday man brands. Now say that Chysler because dodge is under that decides to branch out and build extreme sports cars and luxury cars under lets call it Imperial and from the start everything is luxury and performance driven and expected to be high priced. Well then that's when I would buy that car. Kinda how Fiat builds economy cars but then have the big dog ferrari brand for the high end stuff. That's all I'm saying, it's hard to look a dodge or any brand for that matter that sales most cars starting in the 20's range but then have the exact same car that starts in the 20s and look almost the same but goes for close to 50's. Just hard for me to drop the money on that. Same goes for the ZL1 and GT500, I would never pay that money for those when the exact same car model starts in the low 20s. At that price point I'm going vette and above cars.

Sorry so long just though I'd explain what I meant. No hate at all dodge or the new charger.

Ah, i understand then. We just see it in 2 different ways. IMHO, cars prices are getting crazy across the board. The Focus is a good example, you give it enough options and you have an economy car well on the other side of 25k, a little much IMHO. So I do understand there. I like the Charger SRT8 and wouldn't kick one of bed so to speak, but I have to say i would rather have the 300C SRT8. Yes it is a little softer in the suspension tuning, but IMHO the style is understated and elegant and has more pinache.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #50
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post

Come on motorhead you know the GT500's base msrp is $49k
Well, that's true ,but you very rarely see one any where in base form. Just adding the svt package adds $3,900 to the cost. You don't see many without it either. Add nav and your looking at another $1,200.

That's like saying the base price on an M3 BMW is $58,000 ,but try and find one for that.

Last edited by motorhead; 08-05-2011 at 11:44 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #51
Ambitious09

Drives: 07 Cobalt LT/2008 Ram SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
I'll tell you though, they really messed up the styling on the Charger.
I feel you if you mean because it's a 4 door but I like the way these new Chargers look just wish it was a coupe.
Ambitious09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #52
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Well, that's true ,but you very rarely see one any where in base forum. Just adding the svt package adds $3,900 to the cost. You don't see many without it either. Add nav and your looking at another $1,200.

That's like saying the base price on an M3 BMW is $58,000 ,but try and find one for that.
That's why you order the car the way you want it so you aren't forced with all that extra you don't want. I've never paid more then the base price on any model of car I've brought that I liked and didn't want any extras. People said the same thing to me when I was ordering my M6 at the time that I wouldn't get it at the base price which at that time was 96,100, and yup thats what I got because I ordered it just that way with nothing else that wasn't needed. Most at the time when you could find them were going for roughly 108,000 to 114,000.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #53
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Ah, i understand then. We just see it in 2 different ways. IMHO, cars prices are getting crazy across the board. The Focus is a good example, you give it enough options and you have an economy car well on the other side of 25k, a little much IMHO. So I do understand there. I like the Charger SRT8 and wouldn't kick one of bed so to speak, but I have to say i would rather have the 300C SRT8. Yes it is a little softer in the suspension tuning, but IMHO the style is understated and elegant and has more pinache.
Yes you are soooo right about the prices getting crazy across the board. That's one problem I think is gonna jump up and start biting these companies in the butts if they keep getting out line with where the car should fall in line. And yes I'm more of a 300C SRT8 guy as well. Looks better inside and out IMO.

Not gonna lie I love the new 300 so much that I thought about trading the camaro in and my current 300 for the new one. And I don't ever trade cars in, but after I thought about it just gonna wait to see what I'm gonna buy in 2 years. Either waiting for the C7 to come or gonna see what Chysler adds to the 300. Having a hard time waiting though esp when I see a new 300 rolling down the street. And mannnnnnnnnn do they drive good. Test drove one three weeks ago and almost went home with it. It was Pearl White tintcoat color as well yummmmmmmmmmmm. LOL sorry
Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #54
Stew

Quote:
Yes you are soooo right about the prices getting crazy across the board. That's one problem I think is gonna jump up and start biting these companies in the butts if they keep getting out line with where the car should fall in line. And yes I'm more of a 300C SRT8 guy as well. Looks better inside and out IMO.

Not gonna lie I love the new 300 so much that I thought about trading the camaro in and my current 300 for the new one. And I don't ever trade cars in, but after I thought about it just gonna wait to see what I'm gonna buy in 2 years. Either waiting for the C7 to come or gonna see what Chysler adds to the 300. Having a hard time waiting though esp when I see a new 300 rolling down the street. And mannnnnnnnnn do they drive good. Test drove one three weeks ago and almost went home with it. It was Pearl White tintcoat color as well yummmmmmmmmmmm. LOL sorry
I would say it is better to wait, especially if the 8 speed auto is going to make as big of a difference as it seems like it will.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #55
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
I think the 0-60 4.3 is w/ a rollout.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #56
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
The butt end looks a lot better this time around, but it kills me that the Charger is still a saloon.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote