Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #15
Yessa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Many of us Americans are either gullible or incompetent or both because for many decades GM (and other American Brands like Ford and Dodge) have been screwing over Americans. I remember the Van Nuys Camaro Plant back in the day. I will never, ever buy another GM product again.

Many people are to blame for this unfortunate situation.
Yessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessa View Post
This is one of many reasons why I am selling my beloved Z-28 -- I will never buy another GM Car.
Right, boycotting GM will really help the workers that still have a job, genius. And go ahead and punish yourself by getting rid of a car you love. Good Lord, I don't understand some people.
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:11 PM   #17
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
Right, boycotting GM will really help the workers that still have a job, genius. And go ahead and punish yourself by getting rid of a car you love. Good Lord, I don't understand some people.
This. You don't punish a company by punishing it's workers.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I guess no one has noticed all the A8 transmission issues (not the workers fault) but Camaros are now on the A10 and 2020 Trucks are going that way as well.

Simply moving ahead and UAW is going to make a huge deal out of it every time.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:03 PM   #19
Yessa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Many people, organizations and companies are to blame - Unions and GM and their employees, shareholders, Politicians, illegal immigrants, etc.
Yessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #20
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I guess no one has noticed all the A8 transmission issues (not the workers fault) but Camaros are now on the A10 and 2020 Trucks are going that way as well.

Simply moving ahead and UAW is going to make a huge deal out of it every time.
Did the 4 cyl camaros get the 10 speed too?
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:47 PM   #21
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
Says a lot right here:

Quote:
Earlier this year, Barra — who has continued to earn a nearly $22 million annual salary — laid off about 1,300 Americans at GM’s Warren Technical Center as part of a broader layoff, leaving about 4,000 workers without jobs.
Quote:
While laying off thousands of Americans, GM is set to expand in China and South Korea and is now the top automaker in Mexico where the corporation employs about 16,000 workers and keeps open four plants.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #22
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
"While laying off thousands of Americans, GM is set to expand in China and South Korea and is now the top automaker in Mexico where the corporation employs about 16,000 workers and keeps open four plants.

By 2023, GM executives have said they will produce 20 new electric vehicles, the vast majority of which are set to be made in China. Likewise, the 2021 Chevy Trailblazer is set to be made in South Korea and imported to the U.S. by 2020. The 2020 Buick Encore GX, too, is to be made in South Korea and imported to the U.S. for American consumers."

Pretty hard to take in. It is more than disappointing. I just cant see myself wanting to buy from a company that thinks we are not good enough to build their cars but good enough to buy them. The short sightedness of this is astounding. The fact they dont realize or care they are impacting the ability of people to buy their products is beyond stupid. Im not really a guy that walks around with Bald Eagles on my arm and American flags on my hats and shirts but we as people have to start to look at what these companies are doing. I cant sit here and think that I need to buy from companies that are investing in this country rather than figuring ways to cut us out. We have to stand together to send a message to these companies we are not accepting of their profits over everything Moto.

I understand these are not non profits but when the CEO makes 10s of millions of $ I cant help but to think there could be other areas they could look at saving money.

When companies like Toyota, BMW, Hyundai and others are expanding in America it just is incredible how they can make it work but GM, Ford cant.
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #23
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
I think Barra needs to be given the old heave ho, no pun intended.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #24
unleaded28

Drives: 2019 ZL1 M6
At least the Camaro is manufactured in the USA again, I see no reason to get rid of my american made car. I wouldn't buy a car made in China, Tesla will most likely eat Gm's lunch on electric if that's GM's grand plan.
unleaded28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I think Barra needs to be given the old heave ho, no pun intended.
She would just be replaced with someone making the same $$$
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #26
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
"While laying off thousands of Americans, GM is set to expand in China and South Korea and is now the top automaker in Mexico where the corporation employs about 16,000 workers and keeps open four plants.

By 2023, GM executives have said they will produce 20 new electric vehicles, the vast majority of which are set to be made in China. Likewise, the 2021 Chevy Trailblazer is set to be made in South Korea and imported to the U.S. by 2020. The 2020 Buick Encore GX, too, is to be made in South Korea and imported to the U.S. for American consumers."

Pretty hard to take in. It is more than disappointing. I just cant see myself wanting to buy from a company that thinks we are not good enough to build their cars but good enough to buy them. The short sightedness of this is astounding. The fact they dont realize or care they are impacting the ability of people to buy their products is beyond stupid. Im not really a guy that walks around with Bald Eagles on my arm and American flags on my hats and shirts but we as people have to start to look at what these companies are doing. I cant sit here and think that I need to buy from companies that are investing in this country rather than figuring ways to cut us out. We have to stand together to send a message to these companies we are not accepting of their profits over everything Moto.

I understand these are not non profits but when the CEO makes 10s of millions of $ I cant help but to think there could be other areas they could look at saving money.

When companies like Toyota, BMW, Hyundai and others are expanding in America it just is incredible how they can make it work but GM, Ford cant.

Agree with the last point of this. It's interesting to note where many of these foreign manufacturers are building plants in the US...hint - usually in areas where UAW struggles to get support.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #27
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
She would just be replaced with someone making the same $$$
It is not so much the salary the bothers me, but rather the direction she's taking the company that I dislike.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #28
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
It is not so much the salary the bothers me, but rather the direction she's taking the company that I dislike.
Yeah, every time I see a rant about CEO salary, I have two thoughts:

1. If performance didn't match the pay, the shareholders and the board wouldn't tolerate it. In most corporations, CEO salary is closely tied to achieving pre-determined milestones for business performance. The former CEO of my company made anywhere from a 1.5 to 17 or so million in a given year, depending on how the company did.

2. It's a Fortune 100 corporation. You are NOT going to get someone to run it that is willing to work for bottom dollar, a 12 pack of Schlitz, and a company car.

And for what it's worth, these are the opinions of an hourly guy who is in a union.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote