Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-25-2019, 06:07 PM   #85
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
The refresh, combined with interior room combined with the visibility is what killed sales IMO. So now if you want a performance car from GM, the only choice is a Corvette...
A bit of a tangent, but IF this turns out to be true, does GM really not have anything performance "oriented" in it's SUV or CUV pipeline, ā la FoMoCo's ST offerings?
Old 06-25-2019, 06:15 PM   #86
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
A bit of a tangent, but IF this turns out to be true, does GM really not have anything performance "oriented" in it's SUV or CUV pipeline, ā la FoMoCo's ST offerings?
They might *sigh*
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #87
SSsedanM6

Drives: SS Sedan M6
Before the 6th Gen was released, I told Al Oppenheiser, Todd Christensen, Adam Barry, etc to their faces that this would happen if they did not address the terrible visibility, cramped interior, worthless back seat/trunk, etc.
They arrogantly, and rudely, dismissed my humble advice with the smugness that usually precedes failure.

All they had to do was deliver a ATS-V Coupe with a Camaro badge and a LT1/LT4.

The Camaro Community was disgraced by their dereliction of duty, and now it appears our beloved Camaro is dead.

Yet, they are awarded with new jobs, when they should all be unemployed.

I hope the Camaro can be saved with executives like Scott Settlemire,
with a 7th Generation that addresses all the blatant and obvious failures of the 6th Gen.

And to all those that want to dismiss my post, and even personally attack me for posting i: YOU and your mentality is exactly why the Camaro is on death's door.
SSsedanM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:40 PM   #88
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsedanM6 View Post
Before the 6th Gen was released, I told Al Oppenheiser, Todd Christensen, Adam Barry, etc to their faces that this would happen if they did not address the terrible visibility, cramped interior, worthless back seat/trunk, etc.
They arrogantly, and rudely, dismissed my humble advice with the smugness that usually precedes failure.

The Camaro Community was disgraced by their dereliction of duty, and now it appears our beloved Camaro is dead.

with a 7th Generation that addresses all the blatant and obvious failures of the 6th Gen.

And to all those that want to dismiss my post, and even personally attack me for posting i: YOU and your mentality is exactly why the Camaro is on death's door.
Epic first post. May I ask who you were, to be directly counseling high level GM executives?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #89
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
Maybe the should've tried advertising it. Just a crazy thought
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #90
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
any 7th gen needs to ditch the 1st gen retro styling and move to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen...... allow there to be better room and visibility, so that more people might be inclined to purchase.

The backseat kept me from purchasing a 6th gen when they came out. I'm still not a fan of how they scalloped out the back seat to push your knees higher and take up less space..... but my kid is too big to fit in time back seat now anyway, so its just for storage and/or the dogs
Old 06-25-2019, 06:50 PM   #91
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Blaqwhole go check out M6G thread on this ... you're in for a surprise, lol.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #92
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
SSsedan, you are full of it too!
Old 06-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #93
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
This is third hand hearsay, but I'm in KY and heard that a company I know people at, that moves heavy machinery has been in talks with GM about moving heavy equipment from Lansing to BG, with the reason given as it's just not been cost effective enough to build only the vette there, they had heard. Take it with a grain of salt.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:23 PM   #94
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:

Ding ding ding.

And no, it's not an advertising problem. The problem is the asked people who bought the Camaro what they liked about it and went with that. They didn't ask what they didn't like about the 5th gen so much and they really didn't ask the people who didn't buy the Camaro why they went somewhere else.

GM has loads of talent. The talent isn't calling the shots.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #95
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
*IF* this is true...

I guess all the people who were concerned with the poor sales of the 2015, 2016+ etc Camaros and were repeatedly told they were being stupid, over reacting, etc...were right all along.
Ok. The poor Camaro sales of 2015 (77,502) and 2016 (72,705) raised concern. What does Mustang’s 2018 total (75,802) mean?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:29 PM   #96
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
It's not canceled. Just delayed.

Chevrolet decided to make an electric version of this model and for this they need to combine the upcoming VSS-R platform and the electric architecture for the electric vehicles. They were not planning an EV version, but then things changed. That's why its delayed.

Traditional ICE engines will still be there...

This is a lil inside for you.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #97
bob13bob

Drives: dodge grand caravan, acura rsx
It's the new mid engine. Camaro would have to be mid engine too so the engineering would cross over. Future sports cars will all be electric anyway since performance better than ice
bob13bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:36 PM   #98
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
As long as the engineers and scientists can't make the battery technology much better, I can't see any reason to get an EV. Not everyone only drives 30 to 50 miles a day. Too much time spent recharging. I'm about 900 miles from CamaroFest and an electric would probably take me 3 days to get there instead of 1 1/2. Of course, I would be embarrassed to go there in an electric Camaro.
You’d be quite surprised what a Tesla would. Pushing 400 miles of range and a network of superchargers you might need 2 to stops for charging.

Quote:

My friend Scott, several years retired from GM, was never an executive. He just had the most passion for the Camaro than all of the executives combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
any 7th gen needs to ditch the 1st gen retro styling and move to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen...... allow there to be better room and visibility, so that more people might be inclined to purchase.

The backseat kept me from purchasing a 6th gen when they came out. I'm still not a fan of how they scalloped out the back seat to push your knees higher and take up less space..... but my kid is too big to fit in time back seat now anyway, so its just for storage and/or the dogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Ding ding ding.

And no, it's not an advertising problem. The problem is the asked people who bought the Camaro what they liked about it and went with that. They didn't ask what they didn't like about the 5th gen so much and they really didn't ask the people who didn't buy the Camaro why they went somewhere else.

GM has loads of talent. The talent isn't calling the shots.
GM has a history of ignoring why people did NOT buy their cars or trucks. They consume themselves with why they did. And when they asked people who bought a Gen5 Camaros what they wanted in the next Gen they got a thundering MOHHHRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! And that’s what we got.

As I’ve said it’s the best Camaro ever. What I said from the beginning Was make a great coupe first and then a Camaro. They just made a great Camaro.