#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 03-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Corvette Drivers

Okay this has been several instances of EVERY Corvette I have seen on the road lately....

-Driving 35-40 mph in a 50 zone, 30 mph in a 40 zone, 55 mph on the highway
-Accelerating as slowly as possible
-Holding up traffic
-No turn signals
- 0-30 mph in 10 seconds

Okay, please excuse this rant. Why the hell would you buy a lightweight 400+ hp car and not even use 100 of those ponies ?? Why would you buy such as fast car just to hold up traffic and drive like a grandma ?? Why can't you drive like a normal person ?? Are you trying to prove something by driving so damn slow ? C'mon you are driving slower than the grandma in her Buick in the right lane, she's 6 car lengths ahead of you and still hasn't hit the speed limit. Excuse me, but why do people buy such high horsepower fast cars yet can't even drive normally ? I mean they aren't even that good looking, a 5th gen Camaro looks 100 times as good as even the new C6 Corvettes(which have been around since what ? 2003 ?)..... so going slow so people can stop and stare just makes no sense. I am guessing these are the people that brag about getting 20-25 mpg+ on their corvettes.... but what's the point of driving dangerously slow just to get good gas mileage in a V8-powered pure bred sports car ? Riding their tails or not.... all the drivers I have been seeing drive much slower than normal traffic.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Damn guys,
Now he know's we've been out to piss him off. Lets regroup and go to plan B to collect his insurance.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
LILRED85

Drives: 1985 C4 Corvette
Its about the ride..not the speed..well for me anyways..and I have a C4
Old 03-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Drive it like you stole it or trade it in...
The ride is way more "enjoyable" in a Buick roadmaster anyway,lol.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
what gets me more are the people that will drive 50-55 in a 35-40 speed zone, then get onto the interstate and continue to drive 50-55 in a 65-70. and its not necessarily the corvette drivers in general, im sure if you put those same drivers in different cars, they'd most likely drive the same speeds.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Outlaw_SS

Drives: Chevy
Just because they might drive that way is your town, doesn't mean the rest of us aren't haulin' azz.....
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_SS View Post
Just because they might drive that way is your town, doesn't mean the rest of us aren't haulin' azz.....
I know, I know.... Haha, it's just been a peeve because it just seems ridiculous, the last car on earth you would think would be having this problem would be one of the fastest on the road. No offense to any Corvette owners, it's just ones in this particular area... in the past few months straight, they have been everywhere. I swear it's been a long time since I have even seen a Corvette accelerate faster than a Grandma in a 1980s Buick ! Though I have been noticing a slow down in everyone's driving though, big SUV/truck gas guzzlers in particular..... they are like lumbering tug boats going down the road now.... haha. I have also noticed multiple SUV's for sale, in particular this white Infiniti QX56 with chromed alloys just down the road.... No thanks, I dont want to spend $200+ a week on gas. Already spend about $50-60 per fillup, one fillup per week now. You SS owners must be feeling the pain at the pump !
Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #8
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Okay this has been several instances of EVERY Corvette I have seen on the road lately....

-Holding up traffic
-No turn signals
- 0-30 mph in 10 seconds

Okay, please excuse this rant. Why the hell would you buy a lightweight 400+ hp car and not even use 100 of those ponies ?? Why would you buy such as fast car just to hold up traffic and drive like a grandma ?? Why can't you drive like a normal person ?? Are you trying to prove something by driving so damn slow ? C'mon you are driving slower than the grandma in her Buick in the right lane, she's 6 car lengths ahead of you and still hasn't hit the speed limit. Excuse me, but why do people buy such high horsepower fast cars yet can't even drive normally ? I mean they aren't even that good looking, a 5th gen Camaro looks 100 times as good as even the new C6 Corvettes(which have been around since what ? 2003 ?)..... so going slow so people can stop and stare just makes no sense. I am guessing these are the people that brag about getting 20-25 mpg+ on their corvettes.... but what's the point of driving dangerously slow just to get good gas mileage in a V8-powered pure bred sports car ? Riding their tails or not.... all the drivers I have been seeing drive much slower than normal traffic.
Where I live, it's all old retirees driving vettes.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #9
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Drive it like you stole it or trade it in...
The ride is way more "enjoyable" in a Buick roadmaster anyway,lol.
You just reminded me: I was at the VA hospital 2 days ago when I saw a pickup with the following message written across the back tailgate (using cheap stick-on address letters from Home Depot: "Yes, this god damn truck is stolen so you can kiss my ass." I kid you not. Should have taken a picture.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #10
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
He's not alone in feeling this way about Vette owners. Vette drivers have a reputation for driving very slow (too slow).

I think its because Vettes are more noticeable and they stand out when they're going slower than normal. I see lots of slow Vettes crawling along under the speed limit on the highway. Sometimes I think they are just tying to prove a point which is "I don't have to go fast because everyone knows my car is fast."
Old 03-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
It seems like most every Corvette I see is in fact being driven by a grandma. That pretty well explains it.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
I had a young guy in a ZO6 next to me 2 days ago, I think it was a Chicago Black hawks player...anyway we cruised next to each other for a bit, and I was playing with him a bit! I know I would have gotten SMOKED but hell, I dont care I just wanted to see someone finally show me what its got! So he does nothing right and I gave up... well he makes a U turn at a light and guess what, this douche stands on it and looks at me! Like he was thinking he didnt want to get smoked by a camaro Maybe my 1 chambers were scary! That how most vette guys are around here too.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #13
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
It's all an illusion. Vette's come with a time/space disrupter that just makes you feel like your going that slow when your around one. Truth is, the Vette just sucked you into an alternate universe that is similar to your own, however, it's a universe where everything should be going faster.

You haven't lived 'til your sideways in a Vette. You're right though. There are some that putt around, but honestly here I have to slow down before a side street because folks here have a habit of stealing the right of way from you. Seems they see a nice car and figure it will slow down so it won't get wrecked. No one and I mean no one will pull out in front of a beater because that guy has nothing to lose.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #14
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post

-Holding up traffic
-No turn signals
- 0-30 mph in 10 seconds

Okay, please excuse this rant. Why the hell would you buy a lightweight 400+ hp car and not even use 100 of those ponies ?? Why would you buy such as fast car just to hold up traffic and drive like a grandma ??
Wait. You've seen Grandma? Where was she last? She's off her meds.
Closed Thread