Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #29
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
The new bar is working well, I think I'll stick with it. It'll hopefully be released soon as the "Strano Performance Parts" bar for F-Street Camaros. The car was great in Packwood, a medium-grip asphalt lot, in both the dry and the wet where I took top PAX both days.

This dirty run in the wet was a crazy 1.1 seconds faster than my top PAX run. Holy crap! The data overlay on this video is helpful for showing throttle modulation in the wet. Gotta be smooth!

Great run! Very smooth considering the conditions!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #30
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
That was fun to watch. Super close to the cones too! Fun course.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #31
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Way better than me.

I've run at Packwood before and I like it out there...very nice area. Long drive to get there though.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:24 AM   #32
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Nice runs, Packwood is a beautiful place to run.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #33
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
I've been chatting with Sam and the guys at Hellwig about the front bar, it's definitely too big for F-Street purposes. The car needs a little more than the stock bar, but definitely less than this thing. It's a good match for the rear bar they are making, so I'm sure it'll work well as a set... but it's just too much for the stock rear bar.

The car had terminal understeer with the bar on its softest setting. If I wasn't sick with a cold I would have put the stock bar back on the car for Sunday. Unfortunately I was exhausted and the dayquil had worn off so I just called it a day.
Can you follow up on the swaybar development testing? I see they are available now F/R.

Thanks!

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:40 PM   #34
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
The Hellwig bars are designed to work as a set. You don't want to buy the set and only run the front for F-Street, it is too big.

The "Strano" bar is intended to be used with the stock rear bar, this is what I currently have on my car. I took the F-Street win and #1 overall PAX at the Packwood tour, also won F-Street at the ProSolo in addition to the super challenge with this bar. It's the one you want if you are going to run F-Street with the car. It's up on his site at stranoparts.com. (not linking, since I don't think he's a sponsor here?)
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #35
Gefiltefish

Drives: '17 1SS, HB 6M
Hey Ryan. Good job with the 6-gen so far. Looking forward to Nationals to see how you stack up against Courtney/Rod with the 5gen as well as the slew of Mustangs and M3's.

I run a Fiesta ST in H Street on the ProSolo/National scene right now, but am considering the 6th gen Camaro for next year. Not sure if will be an SS for FS or an LT for a potential DS car (I wrote into the SAC asking them to consider moving the 2.0T 6gen into DS since they are moving Ecoboosts and what not as well).

Question - did you opt for Magnetic shocks? If not have you bolted on Koni's or some other aftermarket option yet? I know a few Corvette people that swear by MRC for autocross but I don't know if they can "keep up" with all of the inpiuts we throw at the car.

I see you are running the "new" Strano bar and I believe 275 square set-up now (was 265/275). Just wondering if you notice any sloppy feel with the 275's "pinched" onto an 8.5 wheel. Obviously don't want you to divulge all your secrets but just wondering what I am potentially getting myself into!

Thanks,

Sam Karp
Gefiltefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #36
rotis

I do not have the magnetic shocks, Stacey has them on his 6th Gen though. He seems pretty happy with them. Koni does not have any bolt-on options available for the car yet.

Honestly, I didn't notice any difference going from 265 to 275 in front. It's nice having squares sizes, because when I had the tires flipped I also rotated front-to-rear at the same time. My rears were wearing a bit faster because of the burnouts and launches at the ProSolo.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:58 AM   #37
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Congrats on currently leading the "Pick the winners" for nationals!
http://www.sccaforums.com/pick-the-w...-and-voting#FS
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:00 AM   #38
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Congrats on currently leading the "Pick the winners" for nationals!
http://www.sccaforums.com/pick-the-w...-and-voting#FS
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #39
rotis

Hah, thanks! I always struggle a little bit on the Lincoln surface, probably because it'll be the second time I've driven on concrete all year. I'm doing the ProSolo Finale this year, so I'll have some good seat time on the surface going into it.

Looking forward to having some fun out there! I see there are over 1300 people registered this year, a new record! Holy smokes!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #40
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
The 6th Gen Camaro, contrary to what our brethren are inaccurately stating, is doing VERY well in SCCA FS. I'll let the actual results (not just my feelings and bench racing) speak to this (see the "Official Results" of each event for the quickest snapshot):

Championship Tours:
http://www.scca.com/pages/championship-tour

ProSolo:
http://www.scca.com/pages/prosolo

Don't get me wrong, Mustang is a great car, but not as spectacular as M6G trolls are projecting.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #41
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
The 6th Gen Camaro, contrary to what our brethren are inaccurately stating, is doing VERY well in SCCA FS. I'll let the actual results (not just my feelings and bench racing) speak to this (see the "Official Results" of each event for the quickest snapshot):

Championship Tours:
http://www.scca.com/pages/championship-tour

ProSolo:
http://www.scca.com/pages/prosolo

Don't get me wrong, Mustang is a great car, but not as spectacular as M6G trolls are projecting.
I know you are not doing this, but people need to understand this is grassroots motorsports and everything is funded by the competitors themselves and people competing in SCCA Solo/Pro Solo, or in the SCCA Championship Tour rarely have the money to upgrade to the best vehicle for their class every year. So even if a car has a profound advantage over its competition, like the 6th Gen Camaro SS does, it usually takes 1 to 2 years before it will start make its presence known in competition like this. I am actually surprised that there will be 7 drivers in 2016 Camaro SS's this year at SCCA nationals.

There are 4 competitors from my neck of the woods going to nationals this year, 2 are in 2015 Mustang GT's and the other two are co driving a 2016 Camaro SS. When they compete at my local events I am happy to just be close. I also see Ryan (the OP) is signed up too. So Ryan, if you check back on this thread before you head out to Nationals Good Luck!

Edit to add: When you speak about our "brethren" I know exactly who you are talking about, he who should not be named who uses regional results where half of the competitors could be novices for all anyone knows to "prove" his point about one cars superiority over another. Regardless, since the switch to 200 treadwear tire limit in Street classes for the 2014 season, the highest Mustang finish in FS at Nationals was 3rd place, and if a Mustang doesn't win this year that will be a 3 year shut out. Just incase anyone was keeping track.

Last edited by Egon; 08-16-2016 at 02:05 PM. Reason: add more info
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #42
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I know you are not doing this, but people need to understand this is grassroots motorsports and everything is funded by the competitors themselves and people competing in SCCA Solo/Pro Solo, or in the SCCA Championship Tour rarely have the money to upgrade to the best vehicle for their class every year. So even if a car has a profound advantage over its competition, like the 6th Gen Camaro SS does, it usually takes 1 to 2 years before it will start make its presence known in competition like this. I am actually surprised that there will be 7 drivers in 2016 Camaro SS's this year at SCCA nationals.

There are 4 competitors from my neck of the woods going to nationals this year, 2 are in 2015 Mustang GT's and the other two are co driving a 2016 Camaro SS. When they compete at my local events I am happy to just be close. I also see Ryan (the OP) is signed up too. So Ryan, if you check back on this thread before you head out to Nationals Good Luck!

Edit to add: When you speak about our "brethren" I know exactly who you are talking about, he who should not be named who uses regional results where half of the competitors could be novices for all anyone knows to "prove" his point about one cars superiority over another. Regardless, since the switch to 200 treadwear tire limit in Street classes for the 2014 season, the highest Mustang finish in FS at Nationals was 3rd place, and if a Mustang doesn't win this year that will be a 3 year shut out. Just incase anyone was keeping track.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you.

A few of those 2016 SS drivers signed up for Nationals in FS are GM employees, FYI. They are all pretty good drivers and I know of the cars setup, which is nothing all that extravagant (285 RE71R square on 19" wheels, ZR1 front sway bar and GM Performance shocks that are tweeked). They will likely have an auto and manual car (the auto is quicker on tight courses). I am really glad to see some private people out there too! I'll be there next year.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote