Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 12-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #323
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think we need to put out a missing person's alert for our little troll. I haven't heard from him in a while. Maybe he went back where he belongs to hang out with his little troll friends.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 AM   #324
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It doesn’t fit the C7 chassis.
^ What he said.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #325
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Even if the A10 did fit the C7 chassis I don't think it is absolutely necessary for every car to have it. Especially now that the GT has it. It kinda cheapens the entire experience.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:26 AM   #326
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think we need to put out a missing person's alert for our little troll. I haven't heard from him in a while. Maybe he went back where he belongs to hang out with his little troll friends.
If it's who I think you're talking about....he was "removed".
Old 12-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #327
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Someone buy this man a 12 pack...or a couple pints of the good stuff.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #328
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
If production is limited, dealers can mark them up. Build enough to satisfy demand an the opportunity to charge a ADM is gone. The ZL1 (both gens) and Z/28 prove that.
True but the first Z/28's around me had high mark ups, then they couldn't give them away. I don't remember high markups on the first ZL1 5th gen, maybe 3-5K but those disappeared after a month or two. What I don't get though, is looking at the ZL1 production numbers, they seem very similar to the Shelby #s. Without going brand battle royale here, why. Why is there still high ADM on the shelby and not on the ZL1. Hellcat ADM came down too after a few months. Is it just the shelby name? I don't remember ADM on the 03/04 Cobra's They had similar production to a GT500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Oh I thought you meant denying supply to ADM-ing dealers...

You'll always have dealers that charge ADM. When the 5th Gen's first came out a few of my local dealers put ADM's on every Camaro...V6 or SS...it didn't matter.
Yep. First S197's and first 5th Gens by me had ADM on them like 1500 to 3K until the lots were full. Then you could get them under MSRP.

Quote:

I disagree. I think Chevy would still be awesome even if there was no Mustang. Just because the Mustang is present doesn't automatically mean that it's existence is necessary for the Camaro to survive and continually improve.
I will disagree with that. I honestly don't think if the S197 was a big of a success as it was I don't think we'd have the Camaro we have today.

Quote:
Me too. For sure. I'd park it to the right of the ZL1! That would give the Mustang fanboys over on M6G a real stroke. LOL!! Although I doubt those pics are the real deal, I do think Ford MIGHT bring out a GT500 late in the game for the S550. And I do think it'll at least give the ZL1 a run for it's money in a straight line. In the corners tho I think the ZL1 1LE will out-match it.
I agree. I think the rumored GT500 will be able to beat the ZL1 in straight line and maybe out handle it. I don't know if they have it in them to get up to the ZL1 1LE though.

Quote:
Even if the A10 did fit the C7 chassis I don't think it is absolutely necessary for every car to have it. Especially now that the GT has it. It kinda cheapens the entire experience.
Eh, its going to make it's way into everything though. First was Raptor and ZL1, now the GT and just about every F-150. Eventually every Camaro and GM truck. Had it fit, I am sure they would have used it in the C7
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 12-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #329
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True but the first Z/28's around me had high mark ups, then they couldn't give them away. I don't remember high markups on the first ZL1 5th gen, maybe 3-5K but those disappeared after a month or two. What I don't get though, is looking at the ZL1 production numbers, they seem very similar to the Shelby #s. Without going brand battle royale here, why. Why is there still high ADM on the shelby and not on the ZL1. Hellcat ADM came down too after a few months. Is it just the shelby name? I don't remember ADM on the 03/04 Cobra's They had similar production to a GT500?

Yep. First S197's and first 5th Gens by me had ADM on them like 1500 to 3K until the lots were full. Then you could get them under MSRP.
I think it comes down to the customer really. I personally would not have a ZL1 if a dealer markup had been attached to mine. The first thing I asked my buddy when he told me they had one coming in was if there was a markup on it and what the price was. He told me it was going for MSRP and I jumped on it. I think a lot of us would not have gone for that crap because we benefitted from seeing the Dodge camp go thru it with the HC and then the Ford camp with the Shelby. In both cases the customers thought they were in for an investment and that the car would be super rare. And now you can get both of those cars for way less than the MSRP. Funny thing is that a guy on the HC pages said he paid a $40K, you heard that right ($40,000) ADM for a Demon. Anyway. After us seeing the HC and Shelby go for high markups most of us were not willing to do the same for the ZL1. And trust me, if people had held out on buying a Shelby with a markup then they would have lowered the prices and eliminated the markups too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I will disagree with that. I honestly don't think if the S197 was a big of a success as it was I don't think we'd have the Camaro we have today.
Agree to disagree.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #330
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I think it comes down to the customer really. I personally would not have a ZL1 if a dealer markup had been attached to mine. The first thing I asked my buddy when he told me they had one coming in was if there was a markup on it and what the price was. He told me it was going for MSRP and I jumped on it. I think a lot of us would not have gone for that crap because we benefitted from seeing the Dodge camp go thru it with the HC and then the Ford camp with the Shelby. In both cases the customers thought they were in for an investment and that the car would be super rare. And now you can get both of those cars for way less than the MSRP. Funny thing is that a guy on the HC pages said he paid a $40K, you heard that right ($40,000) ADM for a Demon. Anyway. After us seeing the HC and Shelby go for high markups most of us were not willing to do the same for the ZL1. And trust me, if people had held out on buying a Shelby with a markup then they would have lowered the prices and eliminated the markups too.
This is very true! A guy here in Houston just bought a '15 Hellcat with 15K miles for $43K. NONE of these cars are investments, people like to tell themselves that when they pay ADM. It helps them justify the unjustifiable decision to pay over MSRP for a car.

NOT paying ADM makes them go away REAL quick. The sheep that pay them are the only reason they exist!
Old 12-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #331
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
I didn't say it was "fake". I just doubt that it is an actual engine and brake pic for an upcoming GT500. Look at those two wires just hanging out on the left side of the pic. That looks nothing like something you'd see come out of the factory. I'm not one to just believe a photo with a description. If anything it looks aftermarket.
Or it looks just like any Ford vehicle that is having development work done with standardized connectors...

Its real. Probably will see it a NAIS this January. I have heard its a monster, will see though.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #332
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68fbjjz109 View Post
Or it looks just like any Ford vehicle that is having development work done with standardized connectors...

Its real. Probably will see it a NAIS this January. I have heard its a monster, will see though.
I stand corrected, lol!! But I was not gonna believe it going off that pic alone. And it's about damn time too. The Mustang boys have been getting their cars (and feelings) battered for quite a while now! I'm looking forward to the details on it.

It would be funny if I bought one. The boys over at M6G would flip if I got one before any of them, lol!! But if the price and performance and options make it a good purchase then I would consider it for sure!
Old 12-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #333
68fbjjz109

Quote:
I stand corrected, lol!! But I was not gonna believe it going off that pic alone. And it's about damn time too. The Mustang boys have been getting their cars (and feelings) battered for quite a while now! I'm looking forward to the details on it.

It would be funny if I bought one. The boys over at M6G would flip if I got one before any of them, lol!! But if the price and performance and options make it a good purchase then I would consider it for sure!
You should, then you would have the trio, probably the last of their kind in some ways. I don't know that much about it, but it essentially GT350R on steroids. More Brakes, more tires, and alot more power.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #334
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:

I have a hard time believing that Ford would put out oils change chart for cars that won’t be out until 2020 MY. Why would anyone need a chart two years out?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #335
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
LOL, I noticed that a LOT of them were removed. Thanks for cleaning up our forum BTW!! They all must be steaming mad!! I was talking about a certain one who is SS Friendly, lol!!

Quote:
You should, then you would have the trio, probably the last of their kind in some ways. I don't know that much about it, but it essentially GT350R on steroids. More Brakes, more tires, and alot more power.
I'd be my own Trinity, lol!!

I could see them making the GT500 like a better GT350R if they got rid of the garbage FPC engine and those super-expensive CF wheels. That would free up money to actually build a car like they should have in the first place instead of trying to be all fancy and cute. Looking at the original MSRP of the 13 GT500 in comparison to the 13 ZL1, they were almost the same price but just off by a few hundred dollars. So I think they could make a GT500 with more power than the current ZL1 and with similar handling for around the same price. They would probably give it less options tho. But I wonder if they'll target the standard ZL1 price point or the ZL1 1LE price.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:49 AM   #336
68fbjjz109

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
I have a hard time believing that Ford would put out oils change chart for cars that won’t be out until 2020 MY. Why would anyone need a chart two years out?
Powertrains are forecasted much farther out giving their capital investment a development cycles, and validation timing. The auto industry as a whole is actively working right now on whole vehicle programs that are MY 2020. Especially if there is a mid cycle action or new vehicle being launched versus a mostly carryover vehicle. So while 2020 seems rather far out for most people its right around the corner for the auto industry.

Also you'd be surprised the random amount of excel spreadsheets with various amounts of powertrain info. I have found out some very interesting information of far future powertrain configurations that way.

Closed Thread