#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #113
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Myrtle Beach, in about 5 years. Been vacationing there for over 20 years. Tired of these PA winters. Calling for 4-6” of snow tonight. Happy Easter!
I couldn't get used to the beaches there... call me spoiled after living in California, Hawaii, Florida, and Texas, but I guess I'm used to sand.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #114
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Tail of the dragon actually kind of sucked, IMO, much more impressed with Red river gorge if you have a good spotter.
Thanks for the heads up on red river gorge. I'll be making a trip very soon! What do you mean by spotter though?
Old 05-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #115
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
One state that I am more and more impressed with every time I go through is West Virginia. Tons of outdoors things to do it seems.

For driving, it has nice roads itself... get up around where it meets MD and PA and you find out why their football team is the Mountaniers ... plus its fairly close to Hocking Hills in Ohio and Tail of the Dragon, etc in North Carolina.

Kind of one of those places nobody ever talks about but seems, on the surface anyway, to be pretty nice.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:04 AM   #116
DavidHo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2016, golden
I would retire in Greece if it had to do it right now: very good people, climate, food and the most important is property price in Athens https://tranio.com/greece/attica/athens/. Plus it is Europe and western mentality, and the cost of life is much lower if compared with most other Southern countries in Europe like Spain, or Italy. I vote for Greece, Athens or Crete.
DavidHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #117
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Tennessee

Tennessee. No state income or property taxes. They have a 10% sales tax but if your grow your own vegtables and watch the sales on food and do like I do, buying a section of cow from a local ranch, that won't affect you.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #118
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I plan on retiring right where I am. Live in the sticks East of Austin and love it here. My suggestion is to buy about 10 acres out here somewhere and put your Ponderosa in the middle of it like I have and just live the relaxed country life. San Antonio is about an hour away, Austin is about 45 minutes or so, COTA is about 30 minutes away and Hennessy Motosports and LoneStar Dragway is a bit over an hour to get to if you like that sort of thing. You can have the city life if you want but you still get to live in a more casual environment. Just my 2 cents worth
Old 05-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #119
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Tennessee. No state income or property taxes. They have a 10% sales tax but if your grow your own vegtables and watch the sales on food and do like I do, buying a section of cow from a local ranch, that won't affect you.
Yes it's nice here. We live in Cookeville. Nice, quiet, small, friendly town that is centrally located.

Maybe you can buy our house when you get ready so we can go to Florida

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote