#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ahhh - I thought so. I'm very familiar with the concept, just never heard it called a "lockout", rather a "bushing insert".
Old 01-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ahhh - I thought so. I'm very familiar with the concept, just never heard it called a "lockout", rather a "bushing insert".
Yahtzee!... I was just sitting here and thinking... "we used to call those "inserts"

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Yahtzee!... I was just sitting here and thinking... "we used to call those "inserts"
Old 04-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #18
PolynesianPowerhouse

well if its anything like the Cradle bushing lockout I just installed... it'll be a welcome addition!

Hopefully can get these in there soon!

the main center one is like a hockey puck worth of aluminum...don't have small hands by any means.... i'm guessing the price is where its at... vs 80$ for the poly bushings themselves is because its all aluminum inserts...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 04-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #19
Razor427

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I installed both the cradle lockout and the differential lockout today.... not hard, did it by myself on jack stands. I just took the car for a ride and ride quality feels unchanged, But there is a little bit of driveline noise now. I have a 6spd and the clunking is more pronounced in 1st gear at slow speed when on and off the throttle. I think I’ll leave them in and see how it goes...

Ray
Razor427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #20
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor427 View Post
I installed both the cradle lockout and the differential lockout today.... not hard, did it by myself on jack stands. I just took the car for a ride and ride quality feels unchanged, But there is a little bit of driveline noise now. I have a 6spd and the clunking is more pronounced in 1st gear at slow speed when on and off the throttle. I think I’ll leave them in and see how it goes...

Ray
Appreciate the feedback! I figure i got em so imma try em.

So you feel more of the driveline? Like the gear whine of sorts? Hoping is a bit smoother with the a8 rear diff gearing, but even if it isnt i should be ok with that. You get more of a feel of whats goin on.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #21
Razor427

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Appreciate the feedback! I figure i got em so imma try em.

So you feel more of the driveline? Like the gear whine of sorts? Hoping is a bit smoother with the a8 rear diff gearing, but even if it isnt i should be ok with that. You get more of a feel of whats goin on.

Yes, you hear the gear whine. Seems louder when off the throttle. It’s not to bad.

Ray
Razor427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #22
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor427 View Post
Yes, you hear the gear whine. Seems louder when off the throttle. It’s not to bad.

Ray
Well, here goes nothin

Update Edit:

So the drive home as "interesting to say the least.... 65% of people will probably not be cut out for it. granted I installed toe rods at the same time, and haven't gotten an alignment yet. the downshift side is def audible now. any quick downshift or heavy bumpdown... will def be felt and noticed. you also pick up on the LSD engagement as well. started to rain the last 30% of the way home of a 1 hour drive.

so far I dig it. if anyone has ever had a 1 piece drive shaft...its along those lines of feel when getting into it and braking.

I will say for sure, when you DO get on it... you get the feeling everything is aligned perfect and nothing moves. more pull and a cleaner transition when accelerating.
Attached Images

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 05-05-2018 at 08:58 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #23
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well, here goes nothin

Update Edit:

So the drive home as "interesting to say the least.... 65% of people will probably not be cut out for it. granted I installed toe rods at the same time, and haven't gotten an alignment yet. the downshift side is def audible now. any quick downshift or heavy bumpdown... will def be felt and noticed. you also pick up on the LSD engagement as well. started to rain the last 30% of the way home of a 1 hour drive.

so far I dig it. if anyone has ever had a 1 piece drive shaft...its along those lines of feel when getting into it and braking.

I will say for sure, when you DO get on it... you get the feeling everything is aligned perfect and nothing moves. more pull and a cleaner transition when accelerating.

Very good explanation and feed back. You are correct it is not for everyone. What makes it nice is that it is removable if it is to aggressive for your particular taste.

Best Regards,
Frank Steadman
BMR Suspension
813-986-9302
frank@bmrsuspension.com
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote