I’m waiting for Dewalt or Milwaukee to build a Car, then I will buy
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:06 PM   #59
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
James, in all honesty, I don't understand why you (and a few others) are such ardent EV apologists on this forum, going to such lengths and putting so much effort into these EV posts. Why are you trying to convince people so hard?
I’m mentally allergic to disinformation. A lot of what gets said about EVs in this forum is misinformation. I respond with documented real information. (EV’s have short driving range, EVs take hours to charge, EVs can’t operate in cold weather). A lot of what is said is just bullshit (EVs are only fast in a straight line. EVs are only good for one or two hard runs then they peter out, EV sales are dropping so much that they’re just sitting on dealer lots). I get that a lot of people don’t like EVs. Cool. I don’t like minivans. The difference is I don’t put a lot of energy into trying to convince people that minivans are evil and a political conspiracy forged by the opposite end of the political spectrum and that they shouldn’t even exist. FWIW, I’m on the flip side of the coin on the Tesla site, since I have 3 ICE vehicles in my household and don’t advocate the overall banning of ICE, and openly state that ICE will be around for several more decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
If it was just one occasional post here and there, I'd keep my mouth shut, but it's definitely a trend... and for the record, I have nothing against these posts or the availability of EVs in general, to each their own, as long as these things aren't mandated in unacceptable ways. But you already know that even better than I do.
Outside of California they are not mandated. And even for California I am very doubtful that the mandates will stick in their current form. Several California mandates have been modified in the face of what can realistically be done. That’s why we have ZEV, NZEV, PZEV, and ATPZEV designations. Because CARB has realized at several points along the path that what they were pushing for was either not possible or not economically wise, so they backed off.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:14 PM   #60
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Electric vehicles would work perfectly in my country, if we didn’t have a delusional government with delusional liberal government mandates. It’s called baby steps not I want to get elected next week. That is the one and only problem. How the **** does put the cart before the horse ever work? If you are serious, build the infrastructure first. And why the **** has hydrogen not advanced tenfold? WTF!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_qAta3Gk8

Last edited by CalgaryZL1; 01-17-2024 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added video
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:29 PM   #61
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
Electric vehicles would work perfectly in my country, if we didn’t have a delusional government with delusional liberal government mandates. It’s called baby steps not I want to get elected next week. That is the one and only problem. How the **** does put the cart before the horse ever work? If you are serious, build the infrastructure first. And why the **** has hydrogen not advanced tenfold? WTF!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_qAta3Gk8
Build the infrastructure first?!?!!? Noooooo that would make way too much sense!
Old 01-17-2024, 03:32 PM   #62
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
A lot of what gets said about EVs in this forum is misinformation.
The only concrete truth is that EVs are being pushed on us and people are standing up and saying they won't conform and you don't like it. How many booster shots you get? That will help me determine how you feel about a lot of things you post without even needing to read them.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:49 PM   #63
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
The only concrete truth is that EVs are being pushed on us and people are standing up and saying they won't conform and you don't like it. How many booster shots you get? That will help me determine how you feel about a lot of things you post without even needing to read them.
Who’s pushing?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-17-2024, 03:49 PM   #64
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Hell I’ve never had Covid, never mind booster shots! I think it’s the 55 cigarettes I smoke every day protecting my lungs that kills any of that shit ever happening but I could be wrong
Old 01-17-2024, 04:01 PM   #65
clg82

Quote:
Who’s pushing?
You and every other talking head from that political party that thinks EVs are going to save the world.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:08 PM   #66
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
You and every other talking head from that political party that thinks EVs are going to save the world.
I don’t see many pissed off Californians, when it comes to what’s wrong and right
Old 01-17-2024, 04:11 PM   #67
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I don’t see many pissed off Californians, when it comes to what’s wrong and right
All you have to do is look at the population decrease of California to know people aren't happy.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:27 PM   #68
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Quote:
Who’s pushing?
Quote:
I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. I do not have the power to push legislation, regulation, or OEM portfolio choice. I do not think that EVs are going to save the world. So, now that we’ve ruled ME out…Who’s pushing?

Old 01-17-2024, 04:32 PM   #69
TheEnthusiast

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1SS
LMAO poor appliance owners. Learning the hard way they got duped.

ICE till the day I die baby!
Old 01-17-2024, 04:38 PM   #70
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnthusiast View Post
LMAO poor appliance owners. Learning the hard way they got duped.

ICE till the day I die baby!
No one got duped, statements like this only show ignorance. Both technologies can co-exist and will continue for decades to come.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote