Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #127
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro

Yes!

Not feeling any other designs. They look like a generic car from a video game. I want to see some design cues from the 5th gen but sharper lines, a little smaller and more futuristic looking.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 08-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #128
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Just a note on platform, size and weight - about which there seems to be some more speculation than I would have expected.

The Cadillac ATS 2.0T RWD is 3" shorter in wheelbase, 7.5" shorter overall, 4.5" narrower and near enough as makes no difference 400 lbs lighter than a V6 Camaro.

That's the difference, essentially, between the Alpha platform and the existing Zeta platform. If, in the end, the 6th Gen Camaro comes out as big and as heavy as the 5th Gen, it would be inexplicable.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #129
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

Yes!

Not feeling any other designs. They look like a generic car from a video game. I want to see some design cues from the 5th gen but sharper lines, a little smaller and more futuristic looking.
No way it looks anything like this. The front end is a 5th gen. The car is shortened and changed lines ect. Not much change whatsoever. The rear end seems like an ass up in the air. You hit it from behind and youll have a HUGE mess on your hands with the amount of damage she'll take!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #130
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
Nice drawings, however Im sure the 2016 will look ALOT more different, the kind of major changes that we've seen with each of Camaro's five generations. These drawings are closer to a refresh in my opinion.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #131
suzook

Drives: camaro
I think the 2016 will be a "retro" of the 2010-2013 since the 2014 is hideous.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #132
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I moved the headlights outward a bit and removed the racing stripes so there's less visual distraction. Does this look more like what you were thinking?
Attachment 540180
The front side markers are too visible from the front , try to make it shorter and move the headlights further out , like 50% to the outer edge compared with the present position
The lights under the the headlights are not at center line of that black are , try to move it to the outer corner , or to the center of that dark spot but also moving it to the edge
All of the above are just an opinion , and one have to try and try till one is happy with the( final ) look , then it's up to the aftermarket crowd to do what they do
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #133
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Okay, after reviewing all the comments and reactions or lack thereof, it appears most don't want a refresh or evolution; they want something new. This idea departs completely from the 5th gen. I haven't done a front or back for it yet but I want to see what kind of reaction this gets before I invest anymore time into it. I want to see just 'how' new people want, so please make your comments/feedback constructive.

As you can see this has a pretty low fender line, which helps open up the cabin view so you won't feel like you're in a cave. The forward view would be spectacular. The rear window is widened near the bottom to help increase rear visibility and eliminate the traditional Camaro blind spots.

What do you think?
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept6c.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  121.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #134
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
The side view is strongly reminiscent of a Ferrari Testarossa.

Not saying that's a bad thing... Just sayin'...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #135
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Okay, after reviewing all the comments and reactions or lack thereof, it appears most don't want a refresh or evolution; they want something new. This idea departs completely from the 5th gen. I haven't done a front or back for it yet but I want to see what kind of reaction this gets before I invest anymore time into it. I want to see just 'how' new people want, so please make your comments/feedback constructive.

As you can see this has a pretty low fender line, which helps open up the cabin view so you won't feel like you're in a cave. The forward view would be spectacular. The rear window is widened near the bottom to help increase rear visibility and eliminate the traditional Camaro blind spots.

What do you think?
Attachment 545522
Looks like a Corvette to me.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #136
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
I actually like the older one better but I do like the top view as far as the width of the body to the bottom of the window, this would look good on your older design.

Last edited by ssrs396; 08-14-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: delete pic
Old 08-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #137
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Here's a slightly revised version with a bit more detail on the top view.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept6c.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  99.0 KB

300 views in 24 hours and very few comments. I rather liked this one; surprised it didn't get more of a response.

It's interesting...all kinds of people are more than willing to post comments if they DON'T like something; i.e. the 2014 refresh... yet they are eerily quiet when you ask them "okay, then what DO you want?"

Back to the drawing board.........

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #138
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I think lots of people have an idea in their head of what they would like, but usually that is based on what already exists. Coming up with something that is different enough to be called "new" or "revolutionary" is much tougher in my opinion.

Getting people to voice their opinions, or actually put their thoughts down on paper..(or in this case...in photoshop or some other program) is going to be pretty rare.

I'm not really feeling the new design. Honestly, if I could spend a good amount of time in PS working on changes on the TF4 BumbleBee Camaro, I feel like I could make it look decent. Thats just my opinion though.

Otherwise I do like some of the other renderings shown in the other threads, but those are all evolutionary, and not revolutionary.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #139
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Attachment 545872

300 views in 24 hours and very few comments. I rather liked this one; surprised it didn't get more of a response.

It's interesting...all kinds of people are more than willing to post comments if they DON'T like something; i.e. the 2014 refresh... yet they are eerily quiet when you ask them "okay, then what DO you want?"

If you're asking...I want a measurable "notch" between the rear window and rear deck and a horizontal roof line. I feel Fastbacks are for sports cars. I want a front fascia that's more like an F-86 or F-100 than an F-22. I want a rear fascia that says "Don't even try me".
Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Attachment 545872

You should realize by now everyone has different opinions on what it should look Like. No matter what you come up with there are going to be those that don't like what you designed and they will be the most vocal about it. Just look at any thread on the 2014 refresh or the Transformers 4 bumblebee and you will get the idea.
I love the fact you are trying to get opinions, but most of us cannot envision what we truly want to see, but we can say what we think does not work or give minor suggestions on your existing design. Seeing a 2 dimensional sketch also will not give a full feeling of the design you are going after and it makes it hard to see what a real car would look like.

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation