Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-16-2015, 10:55 PM   #29
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
also going a 4.125" + bore size allows you to use better flowing heads.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #30
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
Read closer... it be a waste to ever turn it down!.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #31
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Oh guys, YOUR KILLING ME HERE!!!

Thanks for all the input, lots to think about as always. Ask a question like this and you get a load of different options that will work. Lots of ways to skin a cat. Here are a few of my thoughts after reading all these replies:

1. If POSSIBLE, I would like to keep the Maggie, simply because I own it and would save on the project. Not a requirement but would be nice to use whats already under the hood to save some cash. Money is always a consideration but want to do this right for sure.

2. Again, this is a street ride, 90% of my driving is in that idle to 5500 rpm range. For that reason, I REALLY like the PD blower and would prefer that over the turbos. I know the turbos make crazy power and are extremely flexible but I really like the GRUNT right off idle that the PD blowers offer for street driving. Again, that is ALL this car will be, a street ride.

3. Overkill in the block really has no meaning to me. For a living I build precision long range rifles that are used at ranges from 1000 to 3000 yards. Again, overkill has no meaning to me. Just means more safety margins if everything is right. Only thing that means something is not having enough of something when you need it. Again, longevity is the key I am looking for.

4. That said, it seems that there are better options in block design and after looking at the ERL sleeve design, that looks like a better option because of the length of the sleeves and the added strength of the sleeve material.

Just need to decide if I want the displacement or run higher boost with the PD blower to make the smaller engines run harder.

Thanks for all your thoughts and experience and time in replying, all of this is helping a lot but as with anytime you ask a question, you often have more come up with every question answered!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #32
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
What???? LOL! With turbos and a good boost controller and CO2 bottle i can go from 700whp to almost 1300whp in 5 seconds or anywhere in between. How is this wasting my $4K fuel system? Sounds like tons of flexibility to me
You have a $4000 fuel system?
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #33
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
$4k in a fuel system is pretty much the norm at 1000+hp range.

$2700-2800 on fore triple with lines/reg, and $1300-1500 on injectors.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #34
Skogen
Hell Yea!

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS & 2012 2SSRS M6
I leave for AGP in one week for my TT setup. Lets plan to go to the car show in Great Falls the Saturday after (May 2nd). We can do some comparing then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Oh guys, YOUR KILLING ME HERE!!!

Thanks for all the input, lots to think about as always. Ask a question like this and you get a load of different options that will work. Lots of ways to skin a cat. Here are a few of my thoughts after reading all these replies:

1. If POSSIBLE, I would like to keep the Maggie, simply because I own it and would save on the project. Not a requirement but would be nice to use whats already under the hood to save some cash. Money is always a consideration but want to do this right for sure.

2. Again, this is a street ride, 90% of my driving is in that idle to 5500 rpm range. For that reason, I REALLY like the PD blower and would prefer that over the turbos. I know the turbos make crazy power and are extremely flexible but I really like the GRUNT right off idle that the PD blowers offer for street driving. Again, that is ALL this car will be, a street ride.

3. Overkill in the block really has no meaning to me. For a living I build precision long range rifles that are used at ranges from 1000 to 3000 yards. Again, overkill has no meaning to me. Just means more safety margins if everything is right. Only thing that means something is not having enough of something when you need it. Again, longevity is the key I am looking for.

4. That said, it seems that there are better options in block design and after looking at the ERL sleeve design, that looks like a better option because of the length of the sleeves and the added strength of the sleeve material.

Just need to decide if I want the displacement or run higher boost with the PD blower to make the smaller engines run harder.

Thanks for all your thoughts and experience and time in replying, all of this is helping a lot but as with anytime you ask a question, you often have more come up with every question answered!!!

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat - AGP 54/57 Twin Turbo with Meth injection. 704 RWHP.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 LTZ
1969 Chevelle SS396 - Numbers matching
Skogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #35
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I was joking with Kevin how my inlaws should just transport your car since they are in Kevin, MT and drive down here to visit.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #36
quickvert1

Drives: 2003 corvette vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
376 or 417 LS3 and good internals and be done.
that's what I just built ls3 417
Old 04-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #37
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbumbees$ponsor View Post
it would bee a waste of $4000 fuel pump system and $1200 injectors to just turn it down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
What???? LOL! With turbos and a good boost controller and CO2 bottle i can go from 700whp to almost 1300whp in 5 seconds or anywhere in between. How is this wasting my $4K fuel system? Sounds like tons of flexibility to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
$4k in a fuel system is pretty much the norm at 1000+hp range.

$2700-2800 on fore triple with lines/reg, and $1300-1500 on injectors.
I was going off those two post. I can see 4000 for the complete setup. I only have 2800 in Squash and injectors. Hope it will take me to 1000hp.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote