Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #155
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Not sure why you are even listening to these retards. I owned both a V8 Camaro Z/29 (2001 Z/28) , and my 2010 2LT/RS. I never drove my V8 once I picked up my V6. For those who make fun or feel they need to put you down are NOT real Camaro enthusiasts.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #156
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
The OP made this exact same post on CityData.com: http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...-confused.html

It's up to seven pages of comments. Let's make sure Camaro5 can maintain the page lead!
Yes, I'm active on both forums (this one and City Data) so wanted to hear a range of opinions. I did the same for the other threads I made in relation to the exhaust options and the tire rubbing issue I had.

This has been a good thread, at the end of the day I'm NOT going to be doing any trade in of my Camaro (and I use the word "Camaro", not "V6 Camaro" or "V8 Camaro").

I believe the car is exactly what I wanted and it's doing what I wanted in terms of random compliments, stares, and another point you guys have to understand is I paid OUT OF POCKET for this. There's no note. Out of pocket for the car and out of pocket for the 24 inch chrome wheels.

I'm going to add a MRTv2 axle-back next week. I'm going to see how that sounds, if I want to reduce the drone I'll look at the x-pipes and also look at the cold air intakes which I hear increases power/performance.

I know this thread made me sound a little "weak", but like I said I'm not really a CAR guy (couldn't tell you much of anything about how under the hood works, I can't change a tire either). I bought my Charger and I got the Camaro recently for the LOOKS for it.

Based on that and also based on Wikipedia, my car is a Pony Car, not a Muscle Car. A Pony Car is basically one that's affordable for the middle class, compact, and is highly "styled" with a certain "sporty" image.

A Muscle Car is anything with 8 or more cylinders in it.

I bought the car I wanted and it's a hell of a BANG for the buck. I just wanted to get your opinions on these "comments" I've heard on the internet but after taking it ALL IN...........reviewing everything............I believe the situation is that we just have a very, very small group of car enthusiasts who have certain "belief systems".

These people are not the majority, I would say they represent less than 3% - 5% of the general population. I NEVER ran into them with my Charger and I haven't RAN into them with my Camaro in "real life" either. Everybody complimented me on the Charger and everybody does the Camaro. I got both cars for my budget of $20,000 - $22,000 including the chrome accessories.

So I'm adding the MRTv2 and holding my paid-off Camaro until around 2021 - 2022. I WOULD never buy a V8 because I'm not going to use it. Instead of paying $35,000 - $40,000 for a 8+ cylinder Camaro, when I get into that car budget range I'm going to be looking at more Luxury vehicles which is EXACTLY my plan for 2021 - 2022.

Thanks guys for contributing, thanks for your words....and most of all...thanks for keeping it REAL with me.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #157
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
I only breezed thru these 12 pages and started getting sick. Someone needs a therapist or meds in a bad way. Must be from generation "BUTTHURT" where everybody is offended and if they aren't, their about to be (Stole this from this wonderful forum we are on). Grow some balls and man up. Seriously I need to go
Old 06-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #158
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Regardless if it has a V8, 6 or 4....It is a Camaro and it is yours so get out there and enjoy it.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #159
MCSarge
USMC 1980-1990

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's not the V6 or the V8 that makes you a man, it's driving a Camaro with an automatic transmission instead of a 6 speed manual that makes you not a real man..............

There you go this should be good for at least 5 more pages.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #160
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSarge View Post
It's not the V6 or the V8 that makes you a man, it's driving a Camaro with an automatic transmission instead of a 6 speed manual that makes you not a real man..............

your only a real man if this comment is good for 6 more pages and not 5.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #161
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSarge View Post

Nice!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
Old 06-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #162
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Nice!

Strange how I never hear that in person.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #163
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff

Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
You need an attitude adjustment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
You REALLY care what others think????? NOBODY dictates my thought process. Get real. (No disrespect)

JerseyJeff
Old 06-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #164
failshift
Banned

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LSX376 SLP TVS2300 '13 1LE
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #165
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Yes, You're a Weeny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:
- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!
Not because you drive a V6, but because you let other people dictate what you should like.
Turn your computer off and go drive your Camaro!
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Old 06-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #166
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #167
pbeyer2010

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I'll keep the fire going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS MOOSE