Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #57
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
A hard controlled launch that does not get into excessive speed is not the same as a street race, and is still often enough to see who has the better car. Lets not assume that it was a full on race....maybe just like 0 - 50 in a 50 mph zone. No harm there in my opinion.
LOL. You really love to debate a topic when no argument is required.

The guy posted "I normally won't race any of those P.O.S. civics...but". So when you post "let's not assume he was racing", please don't include me. Also, as I'm sure you're aware accelerating to 50 as fast as you can when the limit is 50 is also grounds for a ticket for racing, seeing who can get to 50 the fastest is a race.

Do whatever you like, but if you boast about it here, you can't when you get called on it.

1st stupid thing is street racing, 2nd is doing it with passengers, 3rd.... we're talking about racing a Honda Civic and being happy you won, 4th is boasting about it here when doing so is against the rules.

C'mon, really? If that post about street racing an economy car while loaded with passengers on a public street wasn't the stupidest thing ever posted here it has to be in the top ten.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #58
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
So.... you street raced with 3 passengers in your car?

Well, at least now I know what's less irresponsible than a street race.
Lol ok.
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #59
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
You seem very upset. If you didn't like his post, why waste the time calling them out on it? Just let it go. People will have their opinions. If you don't like it, just let it be.

Back on topic with the thread. I surprisingly don't have people trying to race me when I am in the Camaro. For some reason though, on the same streets not minutes later in my Wife's Acord, I get a bunch of punks trying to race with me.

Quote:

The guy posted "I normally won't race any of those P.O.S. civics...but". So when you post "let's not assume he was racing", please don't include me. Also, as I'm sure you're aware accelerating to 50 as fast as you can when the limit is 50 is also grounds for a ticket for racing, seeing who can get to 50 the fastest is a race.

Do whatever you like, but if you boast about it here, you can't when you get called on it.

1st stupid thing is street racing, 2nd is doing it with passengers, 3rd.... we're talking about racing a Honda Civic and being happy you won, 4th is boasting about it here when doing so is against the rules.

C'mon, really? If that post about street racing an economy car while loaded with passengers on a public street wasn't the stupidest thing ever posted here it has to be in the top ten.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #60
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I get into more wars on the highway...soccer dads in their SUVs are the worst. If a guy wants to make a show of passing me by going way over the speed limit I will stay right on his tail for the duration.

I figure if you can do 85+ for a couple miles you can do it for 100 more.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #61
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
nah not really, but i had some guy walk up to me at a WaWa yesterday and tell me he has a friend with a stock saab that smokes camaros all the time

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #62
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:

I do point out a less ignorant take on some posts, mainly because I know it makes you happy! And yes, you are probably right that a side by side test of launching ability to any speed can be seen as a race and get you in big trouble. Just trying to see the less negative side of it...for your enjoyment of course!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #63
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
You seem very upset. If you didn't like his post, why waste the time calling them out on it? Just let it go. People will have their opinions. If you don't like it, just let it be.
Well Kevin, if it doesn't bother you that this person behaves this way on public roads, where you and your family may be driving.... well, I just don't know what to say, dude.

I'm not pretending I'm saving lives here, but I'm sure going to call out reckless behavior. Anything can happen in a street race, pothole, a kid or an animal can cross your path. One mistake at high speed and suddenly there's a 80 MPH projectile.

Here's what can go wrong. CLICK HERE. Notice the people that almost get hit that are watching this race.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #64
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I always wanted to roll a Monte Carlo
They are hard to keep lit....
Old 05-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #65
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Well Kevin, if it doesn't bother you that this person behaves this way on public roads, where you and your family may be driving.... well, I just don't know what to say, dude.

I'm not pretending I'm saving lives here, but I'm sure going to call out reckless behavior. Anything can happen in a street race, pothole, a kid or an animal can cross your path. One mistake at high speed and suddenly there's a 80 MPH projectile.

Here's what can go wrong. CLICK HERE. Notice the people that almost get hit that are watching this race.
I understand and agree with your viewpoint, but this thread is not talking about that. I just wanted to help keep the thread on topic (which I am failing at by even getting into this conversation with you). If you want to make it a point to call out everyone that talks about a dangerous street story, then you have a long job ahead of you. Again, I agree with your viewpoint, but I am not going to waste space on someone else's thread calling people out about it. But oh well. On with the thread.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #66
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
I used to get that every now and then, but mostly on the highway, when some guy in a ricer or jacked up truck wont let me switch lanes and you see them speed up from 3 or 4 car lenghts behind as soon as my blinker goes on. They try to pull a "You Shall Not Pass" on me and most of the time I let them, then when I have a bit of space I just zip right by them and settle a few car lengths ahead of them on the next lane over, only to see them floor it and pass me like if it were a personal issue. Every now and then Id give my car a little gas and "encourage" them to try a little harder... It feels like arm wrestling a 5 year old.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #67
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
This thread needs more cowbell.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #68
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
This thread needs more street racing stories.....and less concerned citizens.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #69
Jobrien

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Its called having fun . I know most of you old geezers dont go past 65 in their ss . But i like when any car wants to take a green light with me . Its what the cars about . Floor it and hear it roar . Ive had some fun with a bunch of pos . Like a gtr, ferrari 458, few corvettes, and a Maserati grandtrusimo . Im pretty sure they thought my ss was a pos . Still was a fun run .
Jobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #70
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
A couple of weeks ago (in my ZL1), I was just getting on the parkway and a m5 decides to whiz by me full throttle. I just laughed to myself and said that at least I made an impression. I ignore cheap shots like that on the road. In my example, the car wasn't a pos, but the driver behind it was a tool.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote