Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #15
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS RS M6
I have tried to focus on only doing mods that either relatively inexpensive and in most cases that I can use in the SS when its my time. The few mods that don't transfer over I came across on craigslist for good deal. 500 bux for magnaflow catback and CAI intake..
-TSP 1 7/8" long tubes with high flow cats
-Muffler Delete
-Matte Black Powdercoated 20"SS Wheels (General GMax Tires)
-BMR Strut Brace
-ZL1 Swapped front end

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #16
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan325 View Post
Nope, I broke even on the trade. I paid my normal car payments for year a 1 month (no I didn't do any double payments). I think my car was worth ~20 and I owed 20,100 or something close to that. Been a while lol
That's really good! What stopped me was basically rolling $4000-5000, just wasn't worth it, and something was telling me it wouldn't be a smart idea!
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #17
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
If you want to improve the handling it won't be something you can exchange but an aggressive street alignment is not very expensive.

Bush Timing, Alignment and Torque Specs

Don't worry about adding any parts.
Thanks a lot! This is perfect and what I'm looking for. Basically I want to improve the car a bit, but I know it's an LS so fancy coilovers and all that aren't worth it to me, but something like this is!

I'll look around for a good shop and talk to them about rhis
Old 05-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #18
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaKid View Post
Hi, the point of this is to get a list of what can basically be thrown from a v8 (SS or Zl1) into a v6 (2011 LS) with little to no extra hassle. I'm curious because I see things like stock suspension or exhaust, intakes etc on Kijiji all the time and wonder if it would fit. For example, there's a guy selling a stock intake from a Zl1 for $60 (new), would this fit and or have any benefit for example? If not I'll just buy one from Phastek this week, but why spend 5 times as much if I can get close for less...

Basically, what have you or someone you know thrown into a v6 from a higher model with success?

Thank you!

And yes I'm fully aware I should and need to buy a SS, just won't be happening this year so until then I'm making the most of what I got.
So why spend the money to make a V6 something it isn't? Save the money and get the SS sooner.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #19
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
That's really good! What stopped me was basically rolling $4000-5000, just wasn't worth it, and something was telling me it wouldn't be a smart idea!
Yeah don't do that. Get what you owe even or close to what your car is worth and find a nice used SS
Old 05-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #20
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
So why spend the money to make a V6 something it isn't? Save the money and get the SS sooner.
My only reasoning behind putting any money into my 6 is the fact I'll be driving it daily for at least the next year, 5-1000$ to get a bit more enjoyment over a year two is worth it but that's about as much as I want to put in. I know I'd be able to sell most v6 only parts second hand when I'm done too with no problem.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #21
NYYFan325

Quote:
My only reasoning behind putting any money into my 6 is the fact I'll be driving it daily for at least the next year, 5-1000$ to get a bit more enjoyment over a year two is worth it but that's about as much as I want to put in. I know I'd be able to sell most v6 only parts second hand when I'm done too with no problem.
I know I already stated this and ultimately it's your decision. I drove my LS every single day for a year straight. It's still got some pop and a fun car to drive even without mods. Save that 500-1000 and use it for down-payment money
Old 05-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #22
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

True enough, I just realized in a year I could have closer to 5000-7000 saved if I just up the $500 ish I can spend on parts a month away.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #23
NYYFan325

Just remember every 1k down is roughly $20 off your car payment. So even $500 more down may help.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #24
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
depends, i guess it really comes down to if you want to hear a v6 or hear a v8. both can be made extremely fast with enough money.. both could theoretically just upgrade their suspension to a z/28 suspension, but at the end of the day the only thing really different on the cars is the exhaust note.

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Dont listen to all the V6 haters in this forum. Enjoy your car and have fun modding it. You can always remove stuff later if you trade in. In fact I think its fun to learn to work on your car. Besides, most V8 guys in my camaro club cant keep up with me during track days. Sure they can pull away in a stright line due to the extra hp but that dosent require any skills.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #26
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrop View Post
depends, i guess it really comes down to if you want to hear a v6 or hear a v8. both can be made extremely fast with enough money.. both could theoretically just upgrade their suspension to a z/28 suspension, but at the end of the day the only thing really different on the cars is the exhaust note.
That's a lot of what it's coming down to...that v8 exhaust note. I test drove a 2014 2SS, which was probably a mistake, because now I'm fiending out.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #27
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Dont listen to all the V6 haters in this forum. Enjoy your car and have fun modding it. You can always remove stuff later if you trade in. In fact I think its fun to learn to work on your car. Besides, most V8 guys in my camaro club cant keep up with me during track days. Sure they can pull away in a stright line due to the extra hp but that dosent require any skills.
Haha yes, I think there's a guy on here pushing 700hp and running 11-12s or something with a 6 banger. Even stock I know they're no slouch, holds it's own for sure against an SS, and done up they can be level playing field. I suppose that's even more bragging rights when you're a challenge for 8s in a 6
Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #28
NYYFan325

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
It's not V6 hate when someone says they want to get rid of the car in 1.5 years most likely. Modding is all well and fun if you plan on keeping the car but ultimately a giant waste of money if getting rid of it in a short time frame.