Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Funny thats how I feel about RP
Had Royal Purple in my 2007 Mustang GT. What crap that is. My take on oil is honestly. I'll let the Blackstone test results tell me what the oil I put in my car is doing and weather it is good enough or not.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
If you can find it, Walmart has the 5 qt jugs of Pennzoil Ultra on sale for 21.00 a jug. Pennzoil is blowing out their stock, as a new formulation is coming in a month or 2 made from natural gas...
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/pennzoil-q-a/

Pennzoil Platinum® and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oils with PurePlus™ Technology will carry dexos approval for SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, and 5W-30.

This will be the new packaging
That's interesting. I thought using natural gas was how Mobil made its Group IV base stocks. Natural gas is a lot cheaper these days, so that might be part of it. I wonder if Mobil's patents have expired. Pennzoil products seem to perform well so looking forward to this.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #17

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
I don't think it has to do with the grade of oil. I was wondering for some strange reason what if Amsoil puts some additive that boost the fuel octane making it feel more powerful. I just took out the Amsoil Dominator because three Amsoil techs said to do so before possible harm is done to my system, so I just installed the Motul 8100 5w30 stuff. Now he car feels normal again like when I had the Amsoil XL or Signature series. I kept some Amsoil Dominator to have it sent in for testing. Remember the Dominator has a ton of ZCCP compared to other regular synthetic oils. Maybe that made the engine operate more freely giving that extra butt dyno feel. Whatever the case I miss it now.
I also had the Eco-Energy from Motul in my car, it felt normal and also I was under the impression it got to 230-235 pretty fast. Now I have put redline 5w-30 in it and it feels like it has more torque and the engine is more smooth at low rpms.....wouldn`t use anything other than a group V oil like redline or so. Living in Europe I see a lot of Castrol and stuff like that but I do not feel them like they are special in any way...they just serve the purpose and nothing more, although the Motul you put in your engine is far superior than any Castrol out there in my opinion...
332 is offline   Reply With Quote