Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Broke Pilot

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE,'68 Chevelle,'70 Vette
'14 1LE thinks someone is stealing it!

Hey guys, I've searched and searched... Today while I'm out of town my wife calls and says the alarm went off on the car in the garage last night. She went out and unlocked it, opened the door and it quit. Now today, it went off again at 9am and wouldn't quit. She called the onstar and they said it thinks some one is stealing the car and to have it towed in to the stealership. They can't help. She finally had to unhook the battery for me, Until I get home tomorrow and get it towed to the dealer.
Anyone else have this happen? Haven't had the car a month... I suck with electrical problems. Any input? Good thing I still have a warranty.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Broke Pilot

Ok, so now the car is going nuts. In an attempt to trouble shoot from the service manual I had my wife reconnect the battery (the horn alarm didn't go off this time) to see what the 'alarm' LED was doing on the dash. Had her close the trunk and doors to see if it would arm. As soon as she pressed the door lock button the trunk popped. Had her shut it again and it immediately popped again. The lights go on and off randomly now too.
This thing is a month old... WTF GM?
And I can't get a code read off the car from onstar since the battery can't stay connected without pissing off my neighbors.
Anyone?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #3

Drives: 2SS
This sounds weird but from what I have played with my car after you hook up the battery the alarm goes off and you have to disarm it from the unlock button on the key. If you are really worried about someone stealing your car than instruct your wife to pull the starter fuse which is under the hood or the fuel pump fuse which is in the trunk.

Again your car acts wierd when pressing the door lock button and the trunk pops up....don`t know to tell you what can this be. My best advice is to remove the fuse or even both till u get home and tow it or drive it to the dealer.
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Broke Pilot

Not worried about anyone stealing it... It stays locked up tight.
The alarm going off was just random, and now the car is freaking out. The key fob buttons won't do anything but the wrong thing! Lol lock button pops the trunk.. Trunk pops on its own... Lights flash... Horn comes and goes. Onstar was no help, they just killed the ignition I guess. Off to the dealer if I ever make it home!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #5

Your dealer is the solution to the problem and yes you will make it home!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #6
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
I would try taking the batteries out of your keys, I got one of my keys wet once and it tends to act wierd or similar to yours every now and then.

We were at a somewhat shady hotel by Austin (only hotel we could find a 2am) after C5F3 and it did it the first time. Couldn't hear it from our room, but walked out to grab a pillow and there was a police officer parked behind it trying to figure out what was going on.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 02-10-2014 at 10:11 AM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
Broke Pilot

Thanks guys...
Old 02-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Broke Pilot

Well... Finally made it out of the rocky mountains. The snow up there is amazing right now if you ski/smowbard

I finally got to mess around with the car and it's looking like one of my keys is bad. I tried the re-learn procedure in the manual and it just made it worse. However, everything works fine with the first key.
So... I'm headed to the stealership in the morning to have them try and reprogram the key. And I've got to say, they're such a ray of fu$&@ng sunshine when you call the service department.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #9

Happy to hear you made it home! It is very good you sorted out yourself, now the stealership has to do his job. Good luck with it and try to keep calm! Good luck!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Darn, I was thinking it was an actual transformer. Hope you get the key fixed!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
Broke Pilot

It was the key... The new one showed up at the dealer yesterday. Now I just gotta drop it off and let them program it to the car. Apparently it's more than just doing a relearn procedure.