Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
MZ1

Drives: 2 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Overall, I think GM missed the mark on the design of this car (Z/28), even with the intention of making it primarily a track car. Most previous Z's were street worthy cars (i.e. with daily immenities INCLUDED). Deleting things to make a car lighter, just doesn't sell cars. People want all the necessitites & comforts for everyday driving, along with the performance for the track, if you choose to do that (job well done on the current ZL1).

GM should not dictate how WE will drive this car, that's the owners choice, afterall, we're the ones putting out the BIG BUCKS!
Remember who your customers are, we're everyday people, NOT race car drivers!

To hear the Z is going to cost more than the ZL1 makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all. I would soon buy the ZL1, before even considering the Z/28; after this debut, I would soon consider upgrading to a pre 2014 ZL1.

In conclusion, I hope that GM really steps back and considers these public reviews, takes them seriously, and makes better choices for the 6th Gen Camaro. If they screw up the 6th Gen design, we can kiss the Camaro name good-bye...this time FOREVER!
Agreed, Even the very track worthy Porsche GT3 and GT2 have kick butt stereo's and still run rings around this Z28 on any road coarse. How hard would it have been for GM to put a stereo in this car.
MZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Overall, I think GM missed the mark on the design of this car (Z/28), even with the intention of making it primarily a track car. Most previous Z's were street worthy cars (i.e. with daily immenities INCLUDED). Deleting things to make a car lighter, just doesn't sell cars. People want all the necessitites & comforts for everyday driving, along with the performance for the track, if you choose to do that (job well done on the current ZL1).
I think they hit it 100% on the head!....It is exactly what I and many look for in a car. A track car that can be driven on the street. Deleting unnecessary items sells cars because I don't have to do all of that in my garage..

Quote:
GM should not dictate how WE will drive this car, that's the owners choice, afterall, we're the ones putting out the BIG BUCKS!
Remember who your customers are, we're everyday people, NOT race car drivers!

To hear the Z is going to cost more than the ZL1 makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all. I would soon buy the ZL1, before even considering the Z/28; after this debut, I would soon consider upgrading to a pre 2014 ZL1.
I am a customer, an everyday person and I am a race car driver! They are not dictating anything...The Z/28 is made for the true enthusiast that will put their car through its paces. If the Z/28 is not the right car to fit your needs they made the V6, SS, SS w/1LE and the ZL1. I think they have actually been pretty generous in providing numerous options to fit every ones budget and needs/wants

Quote:
In conclusion, I hope that GM really steps back and considers these public reviews, takes them seriously, and makes better choices for the 6th Gen Camaro. If they screw up the 6th Gen design, we can kiss the Camaro name good-bye...this time FOREVER!
Try to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Chevrolet just rolled out a flagship Camaro that is now the lust of many people both domestically and globally. This benefits both you and me. They may have just swayed some of the Porsche, Lotus, BMW M3.....ect crowd that track their cars into a good ole America Camaro. The more GM is able to sell, the more they may be able to offset the cost of the development ect......this can translate into some of the Z/28 goodies trickling down the line to the lower models. Example: the change in aero to the hood and the front end of the 14MY SS to reduce lift. Did it start with the SS and it was placed on the Z/28 OR did they need it for the Z/28 and it was cheaper to tool in higher quantities for mass production so it is offered on the SS as well?..Either way WE ALL WIN!

To the OP Sorry for the thread jack... THANK YOU for your write up and pictures! Sounds like a great experience!

-Matt
Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #31
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
the front is great
but the rear .. sorry i hated it so much

and WTH it will costs more then ZL1 ?
i would rather buy Porsche turbo or Shelby.

sorry but SS is big enough for me
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #32
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Diggin the "CAMARO" on the Headlights...that's cool and I can already see folks inserting color into that.

Ivan

there are endless possibilites on those lights...would be cool to make camaro light up
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #33
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Thank you for sharing. It really is interesting seeing how our community is really split on the change's to the 2014. I'm looking forward to see a year or so from now if we still share the same opinion of the new change's or if it just the simple fact we are not being open minded to change.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #34
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I think they hit it 100% on the head!....It is exactly what I and many look for in a car. A track car that can be driven on the street. Deleting unnecessary items sells cars because I don't have to do all of that in my garage..

I am a customer, an everyday person and I am a race car driver! They are not dictating anything...The Z/28 is made for the true enthusiast that will put their car through its paces. If the Z/28 is not the right car to fit your needs they made the V6, SS, SS w/1LE and the ZL1. I think they have actually been pretty generous in providing numerous options to fit every ones budget and needs/wants

Try to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Chevrolet just rolled out a flagship Camaro that is now the lust of many people both domestically and globally. This benefits both you and me. They may have just swayed some of the Porsche, Lotus, BMW M3.....ect crowd that track their cars into a good ole America Camaro. The more GM is able to sell, the more they may be able to offset the cost of the development ect......this can translate into some of the Z/28 goodies trickling down the line to the lower models. Example: the change in aero to the hood and the front end of the 14MY SS to reduce lift. Did it start with the SS and it was placed on the Z/28 OR did they need it for the Z/28 and it was cheaper to tool in higher quantities for mass production so it is offered on the SS as well?..Either way WE ALL WIN!

To the OP Sorry for the thread jack... THANK YOU for your write up and pictures! Sounds like a great experience!

-Matt
Well stated, Matt.

With this 2014 Z/28, Chevrolet has remained true to the concept of the original '67 Z/28. Having been fortunate enough to have driven one of those original 602 '67 Z/28s - when they first hit the street and nobody even knew what it was (nowhere did it say Z/28 on the car), I can tell you there was magic in that car - even without the amenities! Heck, the one I was driving around in didn't even have power steering ...and I had the experience of having to parallel park it!
There are a number of us (disciples) on the Camaro Enthusiast Advisory Board who have been demonstrating their passion for GM to build a car like this 2014 Z/28 since our first discussions in 2007. I am so gratified that GM found a way to approve and build this car after so many years.
The lineup of Camaro offerings now includes a car for the hardcore enthusiast road/racer, drag racer, all-round performance track car with every amenity one can think of and for those who need a strong V8 or have fuel economy as a priority.
Way t'go GM and thank you!

Best regards,

Elie
Old 03-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
i think gm hit it......this car is for the camaro people that are Major track enthusiast....they still said you can drive it everyday but when you get onto the track the car will shine! In the next couple of months you will find out alot more about it
Think about the COPO..its cost a lot, but this is the price you have to pay for hardcore performance. It makes a lot of sense.

This Z28 is the ultimate Camaro. Cudos to GM!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #36
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ1 View Post
Agreed, Even the very track worthy Porsche GT3 and GT2 have kick butt stereo's and still run rings around this Z28 on any road coarse. How hard would it have been for GM to put a stereo in this car.
Stop mentioning the GT2 and GT3 to bash the Z/28, why? Because they are $200,000. - $250,000. (I just priced them). That's like comparing a $300,000 house to one that is a $1,000,000. to $1,200,000. in price. Ridiculous.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 03-30-2013 at 07:26 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #37
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Lightened the pic up a bit to bring the Camaro logo out. Nice touch.
Attached Images

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
camaro2lt

here are come pics i took yesterday
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
I personally think gm hit the nail on the head with the Z28. Will I buy one? No, but that is due to financial reasons. I truly appreciate the racing side this car has. Yes the ZL1 has more technology, but this is a pure care. A real drivers car, that if the needs arise can haul 4 people.
Thanks for the review and photos.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
here are come pics i took yesterday
Thanks for posting all these.....it's looking better and better every time I see some pictures !
Old 03-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #41
camaro2lt

no problem...it looks even better in person

there are more pics in this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285777
Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #42
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote: