Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Perfectly understandable that you are po'd but, as others have implied, some of the blame is on you for not inspecting it closer upon delivery. You caught the scratches but you should have caught the pine needles and crap under the hood as well - you didn't even raise the hood when you picked it up (or before)? And I'm surprised you didn't get a "low tire pressure" signal on your way home (and filled with Nitrogen? - oooookay).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #16
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I wouldn't like any of those issues if I was buying the car, I think that BS. The GM survey is a big deal to the dealers, GM must take that survey very seriously. B4 I gave the dealer a bad rating I would talk to the sales mgr and see if he will offer you anything to make it right or you will have no choice but to fill out the survey honestly.

Russ

You have some good leverage to get something extra out of them. Those surveys mean a lot to dealerships.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
You bought a fairly expensive car from a dealer. Youre complaints are definitely legitimate. If theyre so worried about getting all "completely satisfieds", maybe they should earn it
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #18
AL1SS/RS

Drives: 2012 camaro 1SS/RS LS3
A new car should be perfect , even if it's only for
a day. Call me a D**K but that's the way I feel.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #19
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
On all three of my 5th gens, my dealer went over the car with me, logged any issues I had before we signed off on it.

I'm sure they will make it right ...
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
Rob3D

Drives: Car
My wife found about a 8 x 4 inch slightly orange peeled on a brand new truck once. We didn't buy it.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk79 View Post
The dealership I bought from is all about making sure I give the little GM survey all Completely Satisfieds. I got a follow up email asking if I was completely satisfied...I just emailed them tonight and explained my "disappointments"

First off right before I drove away I found 3 nice scratches on the drivers door...had them owe me repairs on that...so I have to drop my car off to the body shop at some point

Tonight I found a nail in my rear passenger tire...coincidentally the dealership was under construction when I purchased...so I am sure it was there already and I'm pissed they don't look at things closer....

Two other minor things were when I popped the hood when I got home it was all dusty and had pine needles and other schmutz in there....and when registering the onstar stuff my first reports said the tires needed air because they were at 30psi instead of recommended 36psi(they fill with nitrogen).

Am I overreacting? I feel when you spend good money on something you expect everything to be top notch and gone over with a fine tooth comb...

I want to know everyone's opinion......perhaps I'm just becoming another Diva since joining the site!! Lol
You deserve to be happy in your Camaro. Perhaps the disappointments you expressed will be good feedback for them. Let us know what the outcome is of the e-mail.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
pk79
Purveyor of Mirth

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/RS Convertible
I just got a call from General Manager of the dealership regarding as he put it my "well written email". He apologized for everything and asked how we could make it right.

He wants to meet me personally Tuesday AM and go over the list and make sure everything gets promptly addressed. He will also make sure I have an automobile to drive the couple days the shop has it. Perhaps I should ask for a Vette lol...just kidding I won't push it!

Seems like we are on the way to getting this resolved!
pk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
tell GM about everything you saw, and go to the dealer to fix his stupid mistake with free of charge of course .
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #24
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
they should have gone over the car mechanically before they let it leave. this would have taken care of the tire pressure and engine compartment. the nail in the tire is not something this would have caught so i would be ok as long as they give me a tire.
see how they deal with the problems and dont do the survey til they are done with the car. if they jerk you along, give them a bad report.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1SS/RS View Post
A new car should be perfect , even if it's only for
a day. Call me a D**K but that's the way I feel.
ok you're a dick. But you make valid points.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote