Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Where to run a wire under car for cut out

I am looking to run a wire from the gauge pod, shifter area to under the car for an exhaust cut out (or if there's Better easier place) . An idea where I can run it down? I've looked at the shifter and can't really see what's under the rubber boot. Trying to figure it out right now. Thanks.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
casper sc/1ss/rs

Drives: 2011 camaro ss vortech supercharged
I ran mine through the passenger side firewall
casper sc/1ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Is there a home there already I can look for?
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
casper sc/1ss/rs

Drives: 2011 camaro ss vortech supercharged
There is a small hole there I think theirs a rubber piece in there its be a while sense I've messed with any wiring on mine but its where I've ran all my wires because its a factory hole, it comes out at the box where you blower motor is for your vents, it worked perfect on mine because it let the wires drop down right behind my header witch is where my cutouts are.
casper sc/1ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
iCamaro81

Drives: 2014 Camaro Convertible L99
I wired my cut outs from the dome light wire under the dash. I ran it down under the carpet and if you look under the car there is a blackish plug which is about even with the drivers door. The plug is plastic and I drilled it out very easily. Ran the wires through that and siliconed the hole back up.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
Jylee

Drives: 2012 2LT
There is a hole about an inch next to the red battery cable (covered by a black plug) on the driver side. It is hard to see, but you can feel it. Inside the car, you need to remove the driver kick panel, and pull the carpet out the way.. The carpet is held on by two caps. The red battery cable will guide you to find the black cover cap.

Jack
Jylee is offline   Reply With Quote