Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Dupontdon24

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
LG Super Pro system installed!

Finally got this system installed. Worked all night then tackled it. Every thing fit perfect. I had air wrenches which helped. Went great till frickin oil tube, which every one knows about. Didn't have 3-2.5 adapter so will work on mufflers in the morning. Sounds killer, highly recommend.
Dupontdon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupontdon24 View Post
Finally got this system installed. Worked all night then tackled it. Every thing fit perfect. I had air wrenches which helped. Went great till frickin oil tube, which every one knows about. Didn't have 3-2.5 adapter so will work on mufflers in the morning. Sounds killer, highly recommend.
Yep....you have to mark where that tube goes. Now matter how much you think you'll remember where the tube goes back, when the time comes you'll loose track. I put a little mark with a sharpie where it goes. It only took me about 2 minutes to find where it went back.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Dupontdon24

Well, see these aren't the factory mufflers. I've had other mufflers installed and going to have to piece it i guess. I have a good shop to go to. Getting it tuned Sunday morning.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Dupontdon24

Flow masters installed this morning, sounds awesome. Highly recommend this system. I don't know why it's isn't talked about with the rankings of kooks,arh,sw,etc.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
caverman

They should be talked about all the time. They are definitely a top tier header.

For me though, they are too pricey (ARH are as well) compared to KOOKS.....unless for some reason the prices have dropped recently.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Seems to me that something must have happened on the pricing front recently with Kooks. They have been very competitive recently as compared to the other top tier header manufacturers. No complaints here.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Dupontdon24

1450 all the way to the axle, and the gains are what sold me. I know all are close in gains but that's why I chose. Very pleased so far. You hear different noises with headers, but I can deal with it.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
caverman

Quote:
1450 all the way to the axle, and the gains are what sold me. I know all are close in gains but that's why I chose. Very pleased so far. You hear different noises with headers, but I can deal with it.
Was that with HF cats? If so then that's a good price. Back when I was looking at them they were closer to $2k uncoated for everything.

BTW: not sure about the different noises. I have no strange noises at all. What are you hearing? Maybe something didn't get tightened down well enough? I would say drive it for a little bit so that it can heat up and cool down several times. Then go back and check all the bolts and make sure everything is tight and none of the exhaust is touching anything.
Build Journal
Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
RJT-SS

Just as a reference, I was $1,350 for coated 1 7/8" LTs and HF cats, shipped to my door.

Last edited by RJT-SS; 04-26-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: more specs
RJT-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
Dupontdon24

Just went out to re torque bolts. Had a plug wire not completely on. Wonder why I didn't get a code. And no, no cats.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
caverman

Quote:
Just went out to re torque bolts. Had a plug wire not completely on. Wonder why I didn't get a code. And no, no cats.
It's possible that the computer was compensating some. Either way it sounds like it was good that you went back and checked it all. I probably wouldn't hurt to do it again after a couple hundred miles and a few heat cycles.
Build Journal
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
Just as a reference, I was $1,350 for coated 1 7/8" LTs and HF cats, shipped to my door.
I'm the one that got the deal of the century. $400 for a set of used KOOKS with HF cats. Then I paid $225 to have them coated. Everything was local so no shipping or tax. Grant it they are 1 3/4" which is why they dumped them so cheap. I'm only down a few HP over 1 7/8" and I can still run with everyone at the race track.
Build Journal
Old 04-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
RJT-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'm the one that got the deal of the century. $400 for a set of used KOOKS with HF cats. Then I paid $225 to have them coated. Everything was local so no shipping or tax. Grant it they are 1 3/4" which is why they dumped them so cheap. I'm only down a few HP over 1 7/8" and I can still run with everyone at the race track.
Sweet deal.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #14
Dupontdon24

The guy that tunes mine is an advocate of 13/4 for our cars. We want low end torque!i really was between these and the kooks stepped.