Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Skizioli

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
Billet grille and AAC foglight kit installed

Been awhile since I posted here, but this weekend I finally added fog lights to my LS and added a billet upper and lower grille. Love the fogs, still on the fence about the grille.

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Myself with HP Tuners
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30R20) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can
-Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Skizioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Looks pretty sweet to me, especially the grille.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Grille looks good but I wonder how hard it is to clean your headlights and or the area behind the grille when you need to. Also, how to get at the water behind there when you've washed the car and are drying. Just curious.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Skizioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Grille looks good but I wonder how hard it is to clean your headlights and or the area behind the grille when you need to. Also, how to get at the water behind there when you've washed the car and are drying. Just curious.
Thats something I will find out about today when I detail the car, will definitely get back to the forums about it.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I love it...I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to do almost the same thing. The only difference is I got the upper that comes to the edge of the headlights & only covers the turn signals.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Skizioli

Ok so got around to detailing the car, getting the headlights behind the grille is out of the question, only thing was i soaped up the grille really well and hosed it down whatever splashed through would run to the headlights. As far as drying, just added a little more more time with the chamois to get in all the gaps and its was alright, minimal water run off to the bumper.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Does it have a noticeable effect on the headlights at night?
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizioli View Post
As far as drying, just added a little more more time with the chamois to get in all the gaps and its was alright, minimal water run off to the bumper.
Just use a leaf blower; that's what I do to get the water out of alot of tight spots. Your neighbors will look at you weird but the "jokes" on them.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
Skizioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
Does it have a noticeable effect on the headlights at night?

No not really I have HID's so it's still very good light output

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Myself with HP Tuners
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30R20) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can
-Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Old 02-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #10
Jay@Vossen

Drives: BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizioli View Post
Been awhile since I posted here, but this weekend I finally added fog lights to my LS and added a billet upper and lower grille. Love the fogs, still on the fence about the grille.

Looks Great!!
Jay@Vossen is offline   Reply With Quote