Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #589
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
This can only mean good things coming for the G6 ZL1

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar164691.html
Nice! Now if only Ford and Dodge can remain stagnant...
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #590
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
Why? Competition builds better cars for all
Old 08-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #591
Ole Gster

Drives: Mustang s197 , 08 F150screw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
Is Ford ready to announce kitty Kat killer

http://horsepowerkings.com/is-ford-g...p-svt-mustang/

http://
Ole Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #592
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gster View Post
Lol, l love it hell kitty rules the 1/4 mile for 1 month!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #593
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gster View Post
Is Ford ready to announce kitty Kat killer

http://horsepowerkings.com/is-ford-g...p-svt-mustang/
Regurgitation of the same CNN quote from the Hellcat release in early July. Plus he doesn't even get the weight right

A Ford spokesman wouldn't comment on its competitors car, but a new Shelby GT500 with, potentially, more power is expected to be revealed some time soon

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/02/auto...html?hpt=hp_c3

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #594
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Lol, l love it hell kitty rules the 1/4 mile for 1 month!
Which still keeps us ZL1 owners in third. Anyhow that article is full of fail so I'll reserve my opinion until concrete facts are produced. 3,500lbs? Really? How is that going to happen when the base GT on the new mustang is heavier than the out going model? If they bring back the 5.8 it will be even heavier. I certainly hope Ford does pull off a 750HP Shelby, SVT or whatever they want to call it. It will make a fine replacement for my ZL1 if Chevy doesn't step up to the plate. I guess this isn't going to stop until the government steps in or they price these cars out of the hands of the people that want them. These are great times in the car world for sure no matter what brand you fancy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #595
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

I really don't care if either of you beat us in the 1\4 mile. The whole point is to push GM, Mission Accomplished.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #596
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I really don't care if either of you beat us in the 1\4 mile. The whole point is to push GM, Mission Accomplished.
Yeah, the Z06 is going to be an awesome car. I know it's going to be more than I want to spend and I currently still need a back seat.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #597
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Fact.
ZL1 is the current best in segment all around grand touring pony car, it does everything exceptionally well.
Z/28 is the current segment king of the track focused pony car, bar none.
1LE SS is the current economically potent track/street segment leader in the pony car division.

GT500 was the fast, as delivered from the factory, hero 1/4 mile leader in the pony segment. This is now the title that the Hellcat will assume on this current generation of pony cars. Roadcourses will quickly bring to forefront the drawback that each of these chassis have as compared to the Camaro.

The violent acceleration rush that has been talked about from the snake is mostly due to the rapid transfer of weight off the heavily front biased weighted nose to the rear that gives you that sensation more so than just raw horse power in this case. Tha Camaro's chassis is just more stable and squared away as compared to the other two pony cars in general.

Taking nothing away from either ford or dodge but the Chevy is the better performance car, and we know that the Camaro can put more power down when it counts when the power level goes up. Remember what happened with the tuner car shoot out done by motor trend, even though the mustang dynoed with slightly more power the Camaro still won the drag race. Ford is going independent rear suspension on what I hope is a better chassis for a reason on the new generation mustang. Camaro!

We can add more horse power easily but the kitty and the snake has to be thoroughly transformed to handle as well as our cars can. We will see with the next gen who has done their homework.

Competition is grand!!

http://youtu.be/RoKRbBfXo1M

http://youtu.be/UskMEV0Z4Ys

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 08-04-2014 at 01:06 AM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:47 AM   #598
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Fact.
ZL1 is the current best in segment all around grand touring pony car, it does everything exceptionally well.
Z/28 is the current segment king of the track focused pony car, bar none.
1LE SS is the current economically potent track/street segment leader in the pony car division.

GT500 was the fast, as delivered from the factory, hero 1/4 mile leader in the pony segment. This is now the title that the Hellcat will assume on this current generation of pony cars. Roadcourses will quickly bring to forefront the drawback that each of these chassis have as compared to the Camaro.

The violent acceleration rush that has been talked about from the snake is mostly due to the rapid transfer of weight off the heavily front biased weighted nose to the rear that gives you that sensation more so than just raw horse power in this case. Tha Camaro's chassis is just more stable and squared away as compared to the other two pony cars in general.

Taking nothing away from either ford or dodge but the Chevy is the better performance car, and we know that the Camaro can put more power down when it counts when the power level goes up. Remember what happened with the tuner car shoot out done by motor trend, even though the mustang dynoed with slightly more power the Camaro still won the drag race. Ford is going independent rear suspension on what I hope is a better chassis for a reason on the new generation mustang. Camaro!

We can add more horse power easily but the kitty and the snake has to be thoroughly transformed to handle as well as our cars can. We will see with the next gen who has done their homework.

Competition is grand!!

http://youtu.be/RoKRbBfXo1M

http://youtu.be/UskMEV0Z4Ys
Wow!!! Excellent post, that pretty much sums up the hole thread. Moderators please close this thread, nothing else to talk about. This dude nailed it in every way possible.
+1 to you sir!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #599
STOCK1SC

Drives: 2012 Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRTZL1 View Post
Wow!!! Excellent post, that pretty much sums up the hole thread. Moderators please close this thread, nothing else to talk about. This dude nailed it in every way possible.
+1 to you sir!
Yeah it's an excellent post if you live on Fantasy Island. I've never seen so many people delusional about their own car to the point I have seen on here. The ZL1 is the slowest of the 3 yet half of the people on here can't fathom anything being better than their Chevy so they backhand complement the Dodge and Ford and go back to the better overall car excuse. Too funny! Keep believing that 1/4 miles don't matter to you or stop light take offs and that you are better around a road course after 3 laps! It's pretty comical to the people on here that can realize Chevy is getting ripped right now and they don't have an immediate answer and a lot of brand loyal fanboys on here are grasping at any straw they can to the point of hilarity. I actually hope this thread stays open because it is really entertaining watching the explanations and what if scenarios unfold!
STOCK1SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #600
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCK1SC View Post
Yeah it's an excellent post if you live on Fantasy Island. I've never seen so many people delusional about their own car to the point I have seen on here. The ZL1 is the slowest of the 3 yet half of the people on here can't fathom anything being better than their Chevy so they backhand complement the Dodge and Ford and go back to the better overall car excuse. Too funny! Keep believing that 1/4 miles don't matter to you or stop light take offs and that you are better around a road course after 3 laps! It's pretty comical to the people on here that can realize Chevy is getting ripped right now and they don't have an immediate answer and a lot of brand loyal fanboys on here are grasping at any straw they can to the point of hilarity. I actually hope this thread stays open because it is really entertaining watching the explanations and what if scenarios unfold!
Have you driven any of the three? Have you tried to launch the GT500 with the manual and street tires? Hellcat will be a similar challenge on worse stock tires.

It amuses me how many trolls with no experience with any of the cars come here to rant. Maybe you should start with all the ZL1 vs GT500 reviews to educate yourself.

Both the GT500 and Hellcat will be faster on a track or with DRs than the ZL1...probably from a roll as well. Dead hooking these cars on the street will be a driver's race.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #601
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
And what do you expect in a ZL1 forum? Pouring out the love to those who hate on their car? Come on. lol It's no different than the Dodge fan boys coming out of the woodwork thumping their chests "we're the best now" ever since the Hellcat was introduced. The ZL1/GT500 feud has been going on since 2012 and it happened then as well. Do we wish the ZL1 had more hp? Damn right! But it's still a great car regardless of what the haters and detractors state.

I personally love the Hellcat, but I'm not oblivious to the shortcomings of it's chassis and heavy weight. Dodge played it safe by waiting until all research and development for the 5th gen Camaro and previous Mustang was done. They saw a small window of opportunity and took advantage of it. Smart marketing move on their part. Well done Dodge. The next couple of years will be very interesting with 6th gen Camaro on the horizon and new Mustang as well and expect the landscape to change again. Enjoy the forum.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #602
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Have you ever owned a ZL1?