Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #99
chiefchump

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
My best friend got his ZL1 22 Apr 2013, I was with him took him to the dealer to pick it up. Great car he let me take it solo a few times. On 6 Dec 2013 I flew to Michigan Sundance Chevrolet to pick up and drive home to Arizona my 2013 #346 ZL1, at $57,200 OTD I think I got the deal of the century, it is every thing Chevy said it would be and more! I've owned new factory hot rods since 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxy 500 427 medium riser, GTO's, SS396, etc. the ZL1 is by far superior to all the old irons. Now I just need to live long enough to enjoy it?
chiefchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #100
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I don't know how many remember this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207621

The other day I get an email from the dealer after not hearing anything from them for months then out of the blue I get this in my email on 6/12:

So after the background stuff from the top thread I did decide I couldn't get the ZL1 at that time. None of us knew when they were shipping and to be fair to the dealership I told them to free me from it. So reading that email I'm thinking well now it's a different day and I get to thinking about it again and there is no mention of it being sold or under any contract yet. Also when I got that email it was basically "I know I can't do it now unless my work pays for me to go back to school." (Because I decided to go back instead of getting the car when all that happened in the first thread) I had been waiting on this response from my work for about 2 months now btw.

So great news comes to me today, work will be paying for school. What a burden has been lifted off of me!

So now I proceed to text the guy I was working with at the dealership. Original deal was MSRP btw. So it's not a thread jack, here is what I'm upset about, dealing with shady dealerships and not going through reputable dealerships like Becky's.

I'm sticking to my guns though, I won't pay over MSRP but I can't beleive they are trying to get me to pay over someone else or that they would even allow it. I'm 90% sure they are playing the BS game but it still ticks me off.
I paid $72,000 for mine in canada... worth every penny..
jashobbsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #101
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
The ZL1 is a work of art. I've put 23k miles on it since October. I love it, my two year old son loves it, and my wife pretends to love it. Its my DD and family weekender.
...never had a moment of regret, not even once.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #102
kalamajama

Drives: 2012 ZL1 2002 Silverado, 2010 Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You are so lucky! I love that combo. I also believe it will be one of the rarest combos. Black and red are like a-holes. Everyone has one.
Really?
Attached Images

kalamajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #103
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You are so lucky! I love that combo. I also believe it will be one of the rarest combos. Black and red are like a-holes. Everyone has one.
Uuuuuhhhhmmmmmm,,,,,,,
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #104
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
The 427 in the 69 is irrelavent. That was a big block, I have one in my 69 Camaro I currently own (iron block, not aluminum). The LS7 is a small block stretched to it absolute limits. The bore and stroke on the LS7 combined with the high volume CC heads do deliver 427 cubic inches but the limits they have go to in a small black configuration compromise the overall package. Just my opinion and the primary reason I would want to keep my ZL1 over the current Z/28. Now if you want to talk LS9, now I have a problem .
I think suffice to say, that GM still continues to put out quality motors like the LS3, LSA, yet to be proven LT1(gen 6), LS7 and the LS9

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 05-02-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #105
stardok

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1657
Yes I am upset I bought one. I should have bought two!