Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2015, 10:18 PM   #29
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Disappointed

I don't know...I was expecting some wow factor, but didnt get it. I definitely do NOT like the grille on the SS. The hood vents look cheap too. The car is just not as sleek anymore. To me, it has lost its bad-ass appeal. It's more rounded like a regular sedan. Yeah the interior looks beautiful, but thats not enough to get me to buy a car. I really was hoping to be blown away by the new sixth-gen, but i'm just NOT loving it. I was holding off on putting in a super-charger, in case i was gonna sell and go for the new Camaro. Guess i'll be getting that super-charger after all
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #30
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
200 lbs lighter with 455 hp and available mrc isn't appealing. Neither is the new interior. The 8 speed auto is going to be a turd. They could have done a lot better with this car and surpassed the corvette.

Jk but I will admit the exterior is my least favorite. But I like it. Give it a strong 7 maybe an 8. Special models should really look killer.

Like most I'm disliking the fact that it isn't in my garage lol.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #31
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I would say putting 245 tires on it as a downside.
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #32
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Some wow factor on the interior, but overall isnt CAMARO suppose to be a MUSCLE CAR?? Its getting further and further away from that look. The HP is nice but hate the round corners
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #33
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
That's a pretty short list of complaints, so here's a longer list:

- Random badge placement
- Tail lamps that are somehow uglier than 2014 and are a weak nod to the Corvette
- Random creases in rear bumper, because... we needed more style?
- Electronic e-brake
- 1 inch less of headroom according to specs
- Interior that captures a luxury car feel but loses the retro muscle car feeling entirely
- What looks like somehow even less trunk room
- No more 4 pack gauge cluster option, everything is done via screens
- Fat C pillar which will cause even more blind spots and frankly conflicts with the car's body lines... because those lines are basically from the Gen 5
- Electronic e-brake...
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #34
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Can't complain about the 455 hp and 8 speed auto sounds awesome , I feel nit picky about the badge placement on the bumper and the fact that the SS is the first available v8 model, I'm partial to the z28 nameplate but the 5th gen z Was out of reach for me.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #35
HuJass

Drives: GM
First off, let me say that I like the car. GM did a great job.

With that said, these are the things I wish they did a little different.

- I wish the fender line dove downwards as it travels front to rear. It's snuggled too close to the belt line reveal molding making the car look a little too flat (horizontal) right there.
- I wish the bottom of the rear quarter window was a little lower (to reduce the gap between the window and the rear shoulder line) and parallel to the beginning of the rear shoulder line.
- I wish some of the lines were made more crisp. The midline can be seen when the lighting is right but fades away when it's not. I'd like to see a little more definition there. And I wish the transition from the body to the wheel opening flare was creased. That would give the car a more muscular look.
- The dashboard is a little chunky/clunky. Like it's a plastic module just hung on the firewall. I would have liked to see it smoothed out and better integrated into the interior. The same goes for the door panels & console. Just need some smoothing.

Oh, and where's the 1LE?!?!?
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #36
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
I don't know...I was expecting some wow factor, but didnt get it. I definitely do NOT like the grille on the SS. The hood vents look cheap too. The car is just not as sleek anymore. To me, it has lost its bad-ass appeal. It's more rounded like a regular sedan. Yeah the interior looks beautiful, but thats not enough to get me to buy a car. I really was hoping to be blown away by the new sixth-gen, but i'm just NOT loving it. I was holding off on putting in a super-charger, in case i was gonna sell and go for the new Camaro. Guess i'll be getting that super-charger after all
Were you there today? What about the 5th gen is sleek? I think bulbous before sleek. This 6th gen is incredible looking in person. I saw it. It's a homerun.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #37
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Greenhouse unchanged. Still will not be able to see out with the bunker view of the 5. Speedo/tach dash area way funky. Should have copied the Vett curve to top the instruments. Other wise looks Ok esp with the new to the Camaro engine..
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #38
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Rear of the rocker panel is still too flat. Probably so they can sell the ground effects package. Grille on SS is too common nowadays, looks great on ZL1, but it's used on Toyota products. Could be worse, at least it's functional. Too much plastic on bumpers, and rockers. Don't like front, and rear marker lights fifth generation marker lights are better. Character from the top of the fender that runs into the quarter looks too flat. The way it meets the top quarter haunch reminds me of the Impala. Being a tall person means not seeing traffic lights in the fifth generation, I don't see any fix for that, unless the seat drops down another inch. What's going on with the trunk? No pictures of the trunk open. I still love it. You're hardest on the ones you love the most. I must see it in person before I say anything else stupid.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #39
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
The SS/RS badges on the grill are alright I guess.. Still not the best spot for them imo. But the SS/RS badges on the rear bumper look like an afterthought. What were they thinking?
Old 05-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #40
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
ok wait a minute................heated steering wheel on a Camaro? The world will certainly stop spinning any minute now.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
That's a pretty short list of complaints, so here's a longer list:

- Random badge placement
- Tail lamps that are somehow uglier than 2014 and are a weak nod to the Corvette
- Random creases in rear bumper, because... we needed more style?
- Electronic e-brake
- 1 inch less of headroom according to specs
- Interior that captures a luxury car feel but loses the retro muscle car feeling entirely
- What looks like somehow even less trunk room
- No more 4 pack gauge cluster option, everything is done via screens
- Fat C pillar which will cause even more blind spots and frankly conflicts with the car's body lines... because those lines are basically from the Gen 5
- Electronic e-brake...

Ok, first you said electronic ebrake twice. Not sure why this would ever be an issue.

4 pack gage cluster that you have to look down below the radio to see?

And the only retro part of the 5th gen interior was it's Spartan cheapness.

But can really disagree with your comments. I just don't see not having a big honking brake lever is a big deal at all.

Trunk space could be a deal breaker for me. Need to get 2 sets of clubs in there and it was a tight fit with the current car.

Visibility? Well it can be a big deal and I see forward being better with rear being not improved at all.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:24 PM   #42
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
The RS and or the SS badges belong in the center of the grille. The Bowties could have been smaller and placed where the RS or SS badges are. It isn't like nobody would know this is a Chevrolet without them. The SS spoiler is about as attractive as the bulbous area around the instrument panel. Was that big bulge really necessary? The rest of the car is very nice and will sell like crazy. Good job Chevy but fix those few wierd anomolies before opening day. AND, those hood nostrils are kinda silly looking.
To those who think nobody should have an opposing opinion you can buy it as shown and like it if you want.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote