Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #169
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If the Amish go LED, I'll be ok with them on the new Camaros....lol

Amish men jailed over refusal to use orange triangle

Orange triangles are seen on a processional of Amish carriages during the funeral of slain Amish schoolgirl Anna Mae Stoltzfus October 6, 2006 in Bart Township, Pennsylvania.
Somebody needs a catch can!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #170
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Not trying to argue, but why would that be helpful in any way? Also it would be like a disco floor driving down the highway. Talk about distracting.
Just think it would give you more time to prepare for what the driver in front of you is doing, even if you only had yellow to come on when off the gasand red when actually braking you would know potentially he may be getting ready to stop or turn even if he fails to use turn signals.
How long do you usually let off the gas before applying the brake? Without that early warning it is possible it could take several seconds before you notice he is starting to slow down...
It was just a thought...
Old 06-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #171
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
I recognize that you can know all of this by just paying attention to the cars around you, and I don't doubt that everyone on here does, in fact, pay attention to traffic around them, but clearly, with blind spot / cross traffic monitoring systems and the like becoming more common, people like it when the car pays attention so they don't have to. Include a front camera to detect color / brightness of the lights of the car in front of you and there you go.
Yeah. Great. "so they don't have to". Technology is great but when you sit behind the wheel of a speeding projectile, you'd better have your attention on driving. All these "nanny" features are going a bit overboard. Learn to drive. Learn to be responsible. Learn to pay attention.

NOTE: This is not directed anyone in particular. It's directed at everyone who drives a vehicle (myself included).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #172
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
My idea is a tri colored light system. Green when you are on the gas or cruise control, yellow when you are off the gas more than a couple seconds, and red when you apply the brakes.
I think the issue with this is that a lot of people tend to slam the gas as soon as they see any green in their peripheral vision. I've seen people jump and brake immediately because a turn signal for another lane changes color. Just imagine what chaos flashes of green from tail lamps would cause.

I do like the idea of brakes varying in intensity based on how hard they are applied. But you'd have to create some industry standard where manufacturers agree that a certain amount of lumens = a certain amount of braking force.

At the end of the day, it never hurts to just leave a few car lengths in front of you depending on speed in preparation that the person in front of you is going to suddenly stop.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #173
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I think the issue with this is that a lot of people tend to slam the gas as soon as they see any green in their peripheral vision. I've seen people jump and brake immediately because a turn signal for another lane changes color. Just imagine what chaos flashes of green from tail lamps would cause.

I do like the idea of brakes varying in intensity based on how hard they are applied. But you'd have to create some industry standard where manufacturers agree that a certain amount of lumens = a certain amount of braking force.

At the end of the day, it never hurts to just leave a few car lengths in front of you depending on speed in preparation that the person in front of you is going to suddenly stop.
I can see green being a problem, I just feel there is a need for people to get an earlier warning that the vehicle in front of them is slowing even before they hit the brakes.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #174
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I can see green being a problem, I just feel there is a need for people to get an earlier warning that the vehicle in front of them is slowing even before they hit the brakes.
I agree with you in today's world because nobody follows the rules of the road anymore. If they did we wouldn't haven't a need for this conversation.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #175
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I agree with you in today's world because nobody follows the rules of the road anymore. If they did we wouldn't haven't a need for this conversation.
The rule today seems to be " I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want so you stay out of my way."
Old 06-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #176
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
So if a couple of lights go out, you have to buy the whole assembly? Let me guess, dealer item only
I would hope that if a couple lights go out, then it would be covered under warranty. The lifespan of an LED light is much longer than the average lifespan of a vehicle.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #177
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Read the last 3 pages of this thread, So at what point did it go Full Retard?
On post #2