Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
New Camaro = New Ad Campaign

Pitch your perfect new Camaro ad or suggestions to GM. I make no guarantees that anyone will use your suggestions, but at least we can suggest inspiring material.

I want to make a case to GM for a more aggressive ad campaign. Give me something along the lines of "May the Best Car Win" for the Camaro. I understand that Chevrolet is a comprehensive brand, and it covers everything from the daily drivable Malibus and Equinoxes to hard-working Silverado HDs, but the Camaro buyer isn't buying because "Chevy runs deep." If it does run deep in them, they'll buy regardless of the ad campaign. Let's get those buyers who aren't just shopping Chevrolet.

I want a drag race. Show us Camaros beating Mustangs and Challengers. I also want a track race. I also want an open challenge for someone to fight the ZL1. Don't be conservative. Be tough! It's a Camaro!

I want another ad showing neighbors washing their cars. Put one in a Genesis and the other in a Camaro LT. Make them argue about something—fuel economy, performance, something. As they're arguing, have someone on the sidewalk go right past the Genesis for the Camaro LT. Let that leave the Genesis driver speechless. This is much more conservative, and I can actually see GM doing something like this.

Give me something ridiculous. I want people to talk about the viral, crazy TV ad that's too intense for the Malibu driver. You don't want Malibu drivers in Camaros anyway. You want sports car drivers. Whatever you do, don't give me that low-pitched voice actor talking about features of the car. I'm sick of the typical shots where someone says, "Brembo brakes; independent rear suspension; 400 horsepower—the all new Camaro. Chevy runs deep." Don't give me that garbage. It's boring. We've all changed the channel by the time you've finished the second syllable—a great waste of advertising dollars.

Be bold.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....I can watch the Speed Channel during Barrett Jackson auctions and see ZL1 commercials, but never any other time up and down the channel. Come on marketing, get with it....VW has a more aggressive sales campaign...and a catchy one at that....just sayin...
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
How about just have the Camaro driving around but it be out of focus/just a blur with the only sound being the V8 screaming. Then have the camera turn around facing fog/smoke and the headlights showing through as the car drives towards the camera and turns so it slides and faces perpendicular to be camera.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Use imagination like Ford does.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Like this one too.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Scene 1. A space ship blasts off. Its a manned mission to mars.

Next scene. The space ship lands in a salt flats looking place only its red. (Its mars)

Next scene. The two astrounauts climb down the ladder or ramp of the space ship and cautiously remove thier helmets and take in a deep breath. One astronaut says to the other, "wow, there is breathable air here! I wonder what other wonders we're going to find here?"

Next scene. A Camaro comes zooming by, kicking up a cloud of red dust with two martians (driver and passenger) yelling "wooooo hooooo"' waving to the astronauts as they speed by.

Last scene. The astronauts, in a cloud if fading red dust waving thier hands in front of thier faces, look bewildered and wave back in total disbelief, the one astronaut looks to the other and says, "They are SOOOO much more advanced than we are."

The tag line: "The new Chevrolet Camaro. More advanced. More fun."
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Open with two kids playing with their hot wheels in the front yard. Make it look like the late 60's and have a 67-69 Camaro drive by with both kids staring at it and have kid # 1 say "When I grow up, I'm going to own one of those!", then kid # 2 states "Well, I'm going to own two of them!", followed by a stern look from kid # 1.

Flash forward to present. Kid # 1 pulls up to kid # 2's house in a brand new C6 Camaro in a matching color of the one that drove by 40 years earlier. Kid 2 comes outside and looks it over and gives him positive feedback on the nice car. Kid #1 goes over options, power, mpg, whatever they want to talk about in the add. Kid # 2 turns and proceeds to open the garage and the new Z/28 or ZL1 is parked next to the 1st gen from the intro and kid 2 states "told you so!" Then the grown up version of kid # 1 gives kid # 2 the same look from the intro. Chevrolet Camaro, building friendships that can last a lifetime.......sometimes.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Open with two kids playing with their hot wheels in the front yard. Make it look like the late 60's and have a 67-69 Camaro drive by with both kids staring at it and have kid # 1 say "When I grow up, I'm going to own one of those!", then kid # 2 states "Well, I'm going to own two of them!", followed by a stern look from kid # 1.

Flash forward to present. Kid # 1 pulls up to kid # 2's house in a brand new C6 Camaro in a matching color of the one that drove by 40 years earlier. Kid 2 comes outside and looks it over and gives him positive feedback on the nice car. Kid #1 goes over options, power, mpg, whatever they want to talk about in the add. Kid # 2 turns and proceeds to open the garage and the new Z/28 or ZL1 is parked next to the 1st gen from the intro and kid 2 states "told you so!" Then the grown up version of kid # 1 gives kid # 2 the same look from the intro. Chevrolet Camaro, building friendships that can last a lifetime.......sometimes.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post

Next scene. The space ship lands in a salt flats looking place only its red. (Its mars)

Next scene. The two astrounauts climb down the ladder or ramp of the space ship and cautiously remove thier helmets and take in a deep breath. One astronaut says to the other, "wow, there is breathable air here! I wonder what other wonders we're going to find here?"

Next scene. A Camaro comes zooming by, kicking up a cloud of red dust with two martians (driver and passenger) yelling "wooooo hooooo"' waving to the astronauts as they speed by.

Last scene. The astronauts, in a cloud if fading red dust waving thier hands in front of thier faces, look bewildered and wave back in total disbelief, the one astronaut looks to the other and says, "They are SOOOO much more advanced than we are."

That's unique and awesome. I could see this happening.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post

WIN!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Thanks...
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Quote:

That would be a cool ad!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #13
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:

YOU WIN!!
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Think ive only ever seen a commerical twice in 4 years for the camaro
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation