Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #29
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
GM, Please provide an update (I assume this can be a program update?) to the 6th Gen Camaro 6 speed w/ Rev Match that will allow me to set Rev Match on by default when the vehicle is started.

I really love Rev Match, and I'm just so absent minded that I forget to click it on each time I start it. I have to have the most unpleasant experience of coming to my first stop (or downshift) of the drive having not had Rev Match turned on, and it really sucks!

You allow me to set driving experiences, such as steering, exhaust and suspension, please add Rev Match on by default.

Kind Regards,

Greg
I highly concur...he just said what I never had the guts to say to GM. Thank you
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #30
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
jeesh, every time rev matching feature is mentioned do we have to repeat the debate about doing it manually?

nobody is impressed that you know how to blip the gas when downshifting.

biggest reason for not rev matching manually is the varying lag in gas pedal response.... sometimes you push the pedal and nothing happens.

biggest reason for using Rev Match... it works.

yeah, if it remembered to stay on that would be nice... but I also want it to stay in Competitive Mode too... so add that to the ignored request list as well.

I drive off, pull the Rev Match, hit traction control button twice, i'm good.

I never have this...lag that many speak of.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #31
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR91 View Post
Does anyone know if the auto rev match will still blip the throttle if you downshift into a wrong gear causing your RPMs to exceed redline?
Yes it will. I did it by mistake. Hit first when I meant to hit 3rd. It rev matched which is a good safety feature too.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #32
MostlyHarmless

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
This was debated a lot on the Corvette forums when the C7 came out (I had a manual C7 and also wished it was on by default)

The official line from GM was to protect a cold engine from high RPM when using rev match and they only recommend turning it on when the engine was properly warmed

I do like the Patent issue with Nissan though, that is an interesting angle. Not sure if you could patent the on/off position of a function, otherwise wouldn't everyone have patented lightswitches in our houses, horns, door locks etc and made a royalty from every one sold?

Mark
MostlyHarmless is offline   Reply With Quote