Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #29
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
You're only looking at peaks. most of the articles about this intake are on 400+ cubes and they still lose 30+ lbs ft. in the bottom and midrange. Even the article you posted lost big time below 4K RPM.

I don't consider these engines to have lots of low end torque and you're going to find this out soon enough.

Even your article states from Holley " It is designed to deliver the biggest gains on forced induction or naturally aspirated engines in the 7,000*to*8,000-plus RPM*range.

Build it for the track and have at it..... but it's your car.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hdrp-...ass-ls-hi-ram/ states needs more motor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ls3-heads.html look at the torque loss below peak
I really don't no what your getting at, this my build and doing it my way. As stated at the start not building for the fastest car. I am sharing my thoughts and build for people to view and add either support or ideas that will help.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #30
BlackbeastSS2

A few things to bring up

After driving my car a few days in regards to visibility I have noticed a few things.

Restrictions are not to bad, but it does make you look farther out to avoid potholes and road debris. It did not take to long to get adjusted to the new vision, the biggest thing is the HUD. It sat in a nice clear place before, but now the hood angles make the HUD sit in a spot that distorts the angles a bit. So not used to that yet.

All in all, I know this look is not for the everyone but those that like it I say go for it.
Attached Images

SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #31
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
No bubble here, I will post results after 19h f May.

Header wise, seems the factory manifold ir pretty good.
Headers in this article only gained maximum gains of 8.59 horsepower and 7.3 lb-ft. I will wait too see what numbers I get before I think of adding headers. The factory cam and heads from gm performance might be needed to hit my numbers. But I will see what my numbers r first. Step by step build here.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/exh...heart-exhaust/
Those aren't longtube headers. Those are stock replacements. Im surprised they picked up anything.

Good luck with your build. But in my opinion this intake is the exact opposite of what will work on a stock lt1. You will kill your bottom end and the stock cam starts falling off at only 5700 rpm. Without a large cam this is going to make your car slower. But hey hopefully im wrong and good luck
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #32
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Quote:
No bubble here, I will post results after 19h f May.

Header wise, seems the factory manifold ir pretty good.
Headers in this article only gained maximum gains of 8.59 horsepower and 7.3 lb-ft. I will wait too see what numbers I get before I think of adding headers. The factory cam and heads from gm performance might be needed to hit my numbers. But I will see what my numbers r first. Step by step build here.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/exh...heart-exhaust/

These are shorty headers, im refering to long tubes which are a big jump, more than 20 rwhp.... and as far as intakes go yeah the hi ram would be sweet if later on you match it with a head and cam package that will rev upto 7500rpm and beyond while staying intact, in which shouldent be to hard to do with the proper spring,valve, rocker and cam setup.
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #33
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Quote:
I really don't no what your getting at, this my build and doing it my way. As stated at the start not building for the fastest car. I am sharing my thoughts and build for people to view and add either support or ideas that will help.

Lets see if i can explain it better, what hes saying this intake is for a highly modded engine, 400 cubes is bigger than a 6.2 liter engine, therefor its 6.2 bored out or stroked. Etc highly modded orrr for forced indiction like a blower or turbo setup. But on mostly stock engine you will loose power, sooo anything bellow
7000 rpm your loosing power overrrr the stock intake. And the oem tunning redlines at 6500 rpm. So what he meant when he saidi build it for the track is that it will perform on the drag strip if set up properly but will be slower on the street in a sense. So my recamendation is do a good head and cam set up when you can to hold upto higher rpms, then youll make use of that hi ram intake.
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #34
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
Lets see if i can explain it better, what hes saying this intake is for a highly modded engine, 400 cubes is bigger than a 6.2 liter engine, therefor its 6.2 bored out or stroked. Etc highly modded orrr for forced indiction like a blower or turbo setup. But on mostly stock engine you will loose power, sooo anything bellow
7000 rpm your loosing power overrrr the stock intake. And the oem tunning redlines at 6500 rpm. So what he meant when he saidi build it for the track is that it will perform on the drag strip if set up properly but will be slower on the street in a sense. So my recamendation is do a good head and cam set up when you can to hold upto higher rpms, then youll make use of that hi ram intake.
No track for me, just straight line when I get my numbers sorted out.

Thanks for the input and advice. I may be going backwards in some people's mind but I like the look I have now just need to add on a few more things in the future. It's always one more thing and it never ends.

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 05-07-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:21 AM   #35
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
While I don't have anything constructive to add, I will say this--thanks for doing your own thing. People get really uptight about not conforming to the stereotypical cookie cutter build. I for one, would not get that hood regardless of the inherent benefit of the intake manifold, cooling, etc. It's just not my taste but, that's ok, it's not my car.

I don't believe you'll make 505whp but, I think there's a decent chance you'll get near that if you consider 505bhp, instead. Either way, keep doing what you're doing. It's refreshing to see something different. It seems more often than not, people will subscribe to the same exact recipe as someone else and complain about their car not making as much or even more power than the person they copied.

Good on you for not being that guy.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #36
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Wow, that is one badass SS. While the hood might not be the first one I would pick for my car, I still really like its attitude and the 'Don't mess with me' look it brings to the table. Plus the carbon fiber is a super nice touch.

As far as the high rise, I say it is your car so do what you want as you have been. For you and many others it is about the look as much as anything and there's nothing wrong with that. Your car looks sick!

And if you do lose some bottom end numbers you can always do something else as you've said. At least you are doing SOMETHING that matters to you and at the end of the day, that is the only thing that matters at all.

I also really like the tires and especially the look of those 315s on there! Nice job! And if you are going to replace your exhaust, definitely long tube headers are the way to go. They will help immensely plus they also look damn nasty under the hood.

Good luck and keep us posted!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #37
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
After driving my car a few days in regards to visibility I have noticed a few things.

Restrictions are not to bad, but it does make you look farther out to avoid potholes and road debris. It did not take to long to get adjusted to the new vision, the biggest thing is the HUD. It sat in a nice clear place before, but now the hood angles make the HUD sit in a spot that distorts the angles a bit. So not used to that yet.

All in all, I know this look is not for the everyone but those that like it I say go for it.
It's really not as bad inside as I thought it would be. Has a nice look to it from the inside!
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #38
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
That is one mean looking Gen6! Good luck OP in your pursuit of the engine build. When you get a cam in and open up the flow in the heads, plus add long tubes + tune, the is going to be a beast in the high range of RPM's. Hope you don't loose to much low end in the mean time for general driving pleasure. Looking forward to seeing this build as it's a very different approach.

Like you said, step by step...
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #39
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Are you going GM on splitter and panels, or someone else?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #40
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Are you going GM on splitter and panels, or someone else?

Going to stay with Anderson composite., I like their side rockers.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #41
BlackbeastSS2

Today I desided to take off the intake myself. It was not that hard, hoping the high rise manifold gets here today or at least Monday. I looked at heads and no build up, wiped them clean. Maybe catch can did help after all.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #42
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Today I desided to take off the intake myself. It was not that hard, hoping the high rise manifold gets here today or at least Monday. I looked at heads and no build up, wiped them clean. Maybe catch can did help after all.
Pics look good and like you said, the heads look clean. Great pics.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote