Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #281
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Like my current big heavy camaro better than a smaller ats platform!
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #282
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS

I'M SO EXCITED

I swear if those damn sexy hood vents are on the 6th gen I will cry tears of joy.
All I can say is, I'm glad I got a 2 year lease on my '14.

And in regards to these pictures:

IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #283
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post

They are trying to fake a G5 shape. My first thought was are they (can they) fake the side windows? If not, it's the concept profile shown in photos on page 9.
I agreee 100%. Looks like a 5th gen rear deck lid and front fascia stuck to the general profile design of the concepts on page 9 with some additional camo (that false rear window c-pillar line) added for good measure.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #284
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay View Post
man I truly hope this isn't the 6th Gen. This thing looks TINY! Ughhhhhh! I have been patiently waiting and although you can tell much with these pics, you can see the size difference. I mean if you were going to squeeze the 6th gen into a cruze frame then freakin just eliminate the back seats because they now are there for show unless the driver and passenger are 4'10! Ill wait until I pass judgement for sure but if its as small as i think it is then I'm out of the 6th Gen sweepstakes.
It's not 'tiny.' It's Camaro-sized.

Look at it next to the Impala. Quick & dirty estimate on my computer screen is that it's ~93% the size of the Impala, which would be 186"-187" which is consistent with some of the other estimates on this thread. Obviously, we're all just 'ballparking' it at this point. Could be +/- 2 or 3 inches either way.

Personally, I'm totally on board with returning to the size of the '67 (184") or the '69 (187"), but I have fantastic news for y'all that think the current car is the perfect size... they're still for sale! At a Chevy dealer near you... and you still have at least 1.25 years left to buy yourself a brand spankin' new one.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #285
jrl

Drives: '14 2SS/RS
HOMERUN

Looks like a grand slam homerun to me.

Kept overall look of the currentcar with update for the chassis change. Not too small as can be seen when compared to the Escalade parked nearby.

Should be a hit.
jrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #286
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
If the wheels are any indication, there could be some truth to the Car and Driver prediction from a while back. The wheels look exactly the same, and you can see a little of the fender bumps under the camo, also depicted in the C&D image. Full article here: http://www.caranddriver.com/features...17-future-cars

If this is the 6Gen, I'm out!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #287
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
If it's not, I still wouldn't mind them building it as something else. Seeing it in person definitely makes it look better.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #288
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Excited to see more photos with less and less camo as we get closer to production.
As far as the complaints of it being tiny, have you ever seen a 1st Gen and a 5th Gen side by side? 5th Gen Camaros look huge compared to the 1st Gen.
This is my parents '68 next to my '10 ABM when it was still theirs.
Attached Images

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #289
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Excited to see more photos with less and less camo as we get closer to production.
As far as the complaints of it being tiny, have you ever seen a 1st Gen and a 5th Gen side by side? 5th Gen Camaros look huge compared to the 1st Gen.
This is my parents '68 next to my '10 ABM when it was still theirs.

Understandable but we are shooting for 2016 here. In todays day and age they are injecting our foods with hormones so we are all built a bit bigger. Lol. People were smaller framed back then. Haha. Im 6'2 - 6'3 so every inch matters (my girl says the same thing) so at the very least, make it no smaller than a 5th gen. I personally dont care how much smaller cars were back in the old days. I like to feel comfortable driving around and not having to rub elbows with my passenger (if it happens to be a male friend).
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #290
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
+1

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #291
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Well the from end def is not like that. If you look at the camo, you'll see it has the same appearance as a 5th gen with grille and head lamps. What exactly it looks like we don't know yet but it's quite similar in the front.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #292

Drives: Getaway Special
From the InterweB!

Or

Old 07-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #293
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Well the from end def is not like that. If you look at the camo, you'll see it has the same appearance as a 5th gen with grille and head lamps. What exactly it looks like we don't know yet but it's quite similar in the front.
But we don't know what little we are seeing of the "looks like Gen5 Front end" is not a decoy.

We simply won't know much until they take the black stuff off and just have the swirled camo - and not sure even then if all the production parts are there.

Also, unless there are other competitors they are concerned about apart from Mustang and Challenger, why they need the black covers, I mean the other car's designs are already released.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #294
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Hard to tell anything there. im sure glass in the back is taped with camo as well to appear smaller under the black, like framed off. I am hoping for similar size with weight reduction in part materials not snubbing the back end or length/width etc. I have driven and seen an ATS, its definitly smaller and snubbed. If we are going that direction more towards "sporty" there is gonna be far more competition in that "class" of vehicle. im thinkin audi,bmw,lexus more sporty euro tuner size then muscle size(todays muscle size, not the 60's).
So I too am waiting like others on the reveal to see what direction im heading? new or not?

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation