Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #29
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Too large a diameter header pipe will not be a good thing power band wise. Keep in mind the long range goals, it you are are going for a supercharger, then the larger pipes to handle more airflow. If NA, don't mess with the torque curve by going 3". A smaller diameter can build more torque midrange, larger is for high end power. Talk to an engine builder about your needs & listen to the recommendation.

For more "mean on the street", you are looking for more midrange torque aren't you?
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #30
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Everybody is different, but as for me I'll do a few basic bolt on mods (RotoFab, ported IM + TB) and pretty much call it a day. I didn't buy this car to drag race or road race in, it's fast enough for me as is. Unless is a supercharger, you won't notice a night and day difference in performance anyways, and it costs money. I do plan on keeping this car for a while, but have no problems trading it in when the next generation Camaro comes out, so I really don't want to drop a LOT of money into it, because you have to keep in mind that you won't ever see any of that money back.