Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-20-2017, 12:02 AM   #15
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
Since I never keep the key in my pocket, I find keyless start to me more of a burden than a benefit. I sometimes put it in the cupholder and sometimes on the seat. I sometimes get out of the car with other belongings and forget to pick up the key until the car honks at me. I'm not sure at times if I'm in accessory mode or what mode I'm in when not driving and sitting in the car listening to the radio, etc....

I have never had a car with a key not start like this technology has proven itself to do to many of us here. I have never left the keys in the car after turning it off. I always know where the keys are, in the ignition of course. I always knew whether I was in accessory mode or not. Why provide keyless ignition without providing a specific spot to put the fob?

My Audi S5 had a push button start as well as a slot in the dash that you could insert the key fob every time. You could either press the button to start the car or depress the key in the slot on the dashboard to start the car. That car never failed to start like this one did today.

The technology is obviously spotty and it is inexcusable that the computer will decide when it wants to work and when it doesn't.
Couldn't agree more.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #16
kseguin

Drives: 2017 2SS MRC NPP
I ahve had several issues like everyone else.

Most recently could not get into the car.

The dealer has since changed the receiver. Thye told me there is a service bulletin about this issue.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #17
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Quote:
Since I never keep the key in my pocket, I find keyless start to me more of a burden than a benefit. I sometimes put it in the cupholder and sometimes on the seat. I sometimes get out of the car with other belongings and forget to pick up the key until the car honks at me. I'm not sure at times if I'm in accessory mode or what mode I'm in when not driving and sitting in the car listening to the radio, etc....

I have never had a car with a key not start like this technology has proven itself to do to many of us here. I have never left the keys in the car after turning it off. I always know where the keys are, in the ignition of course. I always knew whether I was in accessory mode or not. Why provide keyless ignition without providing a specific spot to put the fob?

My Audi S5 had a push button start as well as a slot in the dash that you could insert the key fob every time. You could either press the button to start the car or depress the key in the slot on the dashboard to start the car. That car never failed to start like this one did today.

The technology is obviously spotty and it is inexcusable that the computer will decide when it wants to work and when it doesn't.
Do not put your FOB in any of the cup holders, it will give you problems because it is also used to program a new FOB, I posted my results in a thread, please try it out and let me know if it works out for you.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465525
skip over to the 9th page and read my experience and see if it works out for you. I have not had problems since I stopped putting my keys in the cup holder.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #18
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #19
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:

I agree 100%. This is a solution to a problem that didn't exist! But the target customers demand it.

I just had this exact same thing happen to me. The only thing I did that was unique was unlock the car, load with groceries, then walk probably 100ft away to put away the cart, and when I got back I got the same message that FOB could not be detected. I walked away about 50ft and back and then the car started with no problems. That's the first time this has ever happened since I bought the car in March (car has ~4k miles on it).

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #20
Beamz27

Drives: 19 Satin Steel 2SS A10
It’s telling me today on the dash to put the key in a slot but our cars don’t have a slot for the key
Beamz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #21
bmm2170

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamz27 View Post
It’s telling me today on the dash to put the key in a slot but our cars don’t have a slot for the key
You have to put the fob in the rear cup holder.
bmm2170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #22
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm2170 View Post
This does raise the question as to why GM didnt make a dedicated area for the remote.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #23
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamz27 View Post
There's one under the door handle cover but that is used to program new transmitters. Or unlock the door.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #24
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
I was stranded for 10 minutes one time because the stupid cup holder thing wasn't working. It really sucked!
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #25
Beamz27

Drives: 19 Satin Steel 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm2170 View Post
Good to know. Why the dash shows a cartoon like demo warning of the key fob being put in a pocket under the center console is beyond me
Beamz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #26
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Sometimes my passenger gets out of my car with the car running, the car honks three times as though I've turned off the car and left the keys inside. Following this, I cannot turn the car off with the on/off button on the dash so I have to pop the clutch to kill the motor even though I still have the key.
This is idiotic and inexcusable. I sum up a lot of technology this way: "just because you can doesn't mean you should" This technology is unnecessary and clearly flawed.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #27
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
I was stranded for 10 minutes one time because the stupid cup holder thing wasn't working. It really sucked!
My post on the first page explained how to fix it. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I'm not sure what triggers it but the key seems to go in some sort of learn mode and the car loses detection of it. I have found that when it happens if you walk with your key about 50-100 feet away it will reprogram and work when you come back. Happened to me at an autox and some people nearby said as I got far away the car honked as if it was in some learn mode.

Happened to me on a lunch break the first time and I sat in the car 10 min from my office contemplating calling a tow truck to come get my car when after 30 minutes it finally decided to recognize the key and start.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #28
RDBURNR

Drives: 2016 Camarro 2SS
I posted the below on an earlier thread, the failed to recognize the KEY FOB was related to the errantly labeled F26 fuse.

"Hey all, found this by accident while determining why my new AFR and Boost Gauges lost power. Also have seen other posts regarding this. My installer wired the gauge power into the plug circuit. Found that in the trunk box, fuse slot F26, which is marked empty in fact is the fuse for the cigarette lighter plug, not the CB2 as stated elsewhere. Also when that fuse was either blown or out, the car did not recognize the key FOB. Now here is the kicker, on the box lid, and the documentation online and in the book, F26 is marked as "Empty". When the fuse was put back in, FOB and cigarette lighter plug worked fine. Hope this helps."
Stage 2 Intercooler w/ Race BOV
ZL1 Fuel Upgrade
LT4 Injectors
Fuel Voltage Booster
AEM Boost and AFR Gauges
Dynatech 1 7/8th Headers
JRE Tuning
RDBURNR is offline   Reply With Quote