Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #29
Magsz

Drives: 17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Will do. I live in Florida as well. Wonder if it has to do with where we live? Different angle to the sat? I put a XM radio /Nav system in my 2004 Corvette and mounted the antenna in the dash and had no issues with reception in the same areas I am having problems now.
I dont think so.

My Girlfriends BMW M235I has no issues.

My 2017 Fiesta ST has no issues.

My dad's 2015 Hyundai Genesis has no issues.

My dad's new Volvo S90 has no issues..

My 2017 Camaro has issues. We all drive on the same section of the turnpike and live within twenty miles of each other. My car loses signal, theirs do not.

Last edited by Magsz; 10-19-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Magsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #30
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Update: Well sort of: Over the past couple days I called SIRUSXM and had them reset the signal a couple times to no avail. Took it in this morning to the dealership and they said everything checked out normal. They checked the antenna connection and signal strength. I told them it was not normal since my other car doesn't lose the signal. I then stopped at a electronics installation shop and told them about the issue. They suggested the dealership hook up a new antenna to see if that fixes the issue. If that doesn't work to insist on a new tuner. I have to go back for a recall part (convertible top may stop operation) and at that time I will press the issue further.
I also have issues with my signal but mine is a 2017 coupe not a vert. Maybe its just cheap parts/bad software?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:12 AM   #31
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
I am seeing more issues in South Florida than elsewhere. Weak tuner or antenna?
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #32
17_50
Not A Loser

Drives: 2017 H50 1AK67 MN6
I don't have any issues with drop outs of the SAT radio, whether it passing through wooded areas, cities, or overpasses. A suggestion for the dealer is to take out another Camaro in the same area that you experience dropout and see if it drops as well. Good luck I hope you are able to get a resolution. If not call Customer Care and have them connect you to a rep in the Infotainment Group. I had great success in resolving an issue I was having with my Nav going off course.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #33
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17_50 View Post
I don't have any issues with drop outs of the SAT radio, whether it passing through wooded areas, cities, or overpasses. A suggestion for the dealer is to take out another Camaro in the same area that you experience dropout and see if it drops as well. Good luck I hope you are able to get a resolution. If not call Customer Care and have them connect you to a rep in the Infotainment Group. I had great success in resolving an issue I was having with my Nav going off course.
Thanks I may do that.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #34
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
same as coupe, no problems.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote