Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #15
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB123 View Post
You can tell I'm not a auto mechanic or enthusiast.. I just love my camaros. Thanks for all the feedback ya'll.

I do notice the load roar during neutral/rev works alot better at very low speeds but even when going 5mph at times -- hitting gas just doesnt make any sound.

I didn't realize how unsafe it is doing this while driving... I just remember as a kid it was good to go into neutral when coasting and was told "it saves gas". But honestly, I'm just trying to show off when someone pulls up next to me. I haven't upgrade to Corsa or Borla exhaust -- so it's still not as throaty as it could be over stock, but still sounds nice.

I guess that's just how it's gonna be on my car -- maybe it should work, but maybe it shouldn't and either way -- guess it's not safe unless I'm in park. I just wondered if anyone knew for sure why it would work sometimes and other times not. I don't think it has anything to do with 4000 RPMs, given what I said earlier that I can be going through a parking lot at 5mph or less and even then still makes no noise SOMETIMES. Thx everyone for your input. Cheers!
You need to pull fuse #51 in the engine bay fusebox. That'll leave the NPP valves open at all times. Of course, place the fuse back in if you want to be able to use the different exhaust modes again. See this thread for reference:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504328

Another option would be to switch to manual mode and downshift. I would imagine that'll do the trick.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
This simply does not react to being revved in neutral. And even when you try it will sound anemic and terrible since there's no load. You'll get better when revving in park but you can't hammer it for obvious reasons and it'll be limited as well I believe.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #17
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
This simply does not react to being revved in neutral. And even when you try it will sound anemic and terrible since there's no load. You'll get better when revving in park but you can't hammer it for obvious reasons and it'll be limited as well I believe.
Mine sounds just fine revving in neutral. not too educated in the mechanics of it but I would assume it would be the same concept as an M6 with the clutch initiated.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #18
austriajohn

Drives: 2017 zl1
I understand what you're talking about. My ZL1 does the same thing. When I'm slowing down and drop it into neutral then try to rev it nothing happens. No noise. I don't even hear the engine. I have to step on the gas pedal a few times before the thing revs. I'll try pulling the fuse to see what happens.
austriajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:12 AM   #19
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
You need to pull fuse #51 in the engine bay fusebox. That'll leave the NPP valves open at all times. Of course, place the fuse back in if you want to be able to use the different exhaust modes again. See this thread for reference:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504328

Another option would be to switch to manual mode and downshift. I would imagine that'll do the trick.
Yes, pull that fuse. I'm putting together a switch so I can change between fused or not. Almost always out.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
throttle silent