Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #169
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Seriously? someone says come say that to my face and we will see what happens, and that's not a threat of physical violence? you must live in nicer places than I do.....
Every place has a hood if you really want to go there. Everything can be solved over hot tea, so whose to say I wasn't offering him a cup? Just saying.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #170
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
THIS.
Attached Images

IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #171

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Every place has a hood if you really want to go there. Everything can be solved over hot tea, so whose to say I wasn't offering him a cup? Just saying.
I think it's just rude of Slammed that he hasn't invited you to meet with him anywhere...who knows, a hot game of tiddly-winks at the place of his choosing could resolve the issue...lol
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #172
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think it's just rude of Slammed that he hasn't invited you to meet with him anywhere...who knows, a hot game of tiddly-winks at the place of his choosing could resolve the issue...lol
Tiddly winks? I'm usin that at work. Lmao.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #173
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Seriously? someone says come say that to my face and we will see what happens, and that's not a threat of physical violence? you must live in nicer places than I do.....

He edited his thread. He realized a mod could see it.

OP, you did not like your original threat of violence towards me or just scared you will get banned?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #174
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I don't understand all the negativity being directed toward the OP because a big part of the reason for buying a really expensive, exotic car like the ZL1 is to show the world how special you are. And if regular people can alter their plebian vehicles to mimic the appearance of your exotic, well then that defeats a large purpose of owning the exotic, doesn't it?

I feel your pain, OP.

Personally, I do not even wear my Rolex anymore because of the rampant proliferation of knock-offs that any poor person could afford. The final straw came when someone complimented my watch, but then asked if it was real. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Then, just the other night, while the wife and I were waiting for our usual table at Smith & Wollensky's, a woman, clearly a commoner (upper middle class at best), came in and stood next to us carrying what was obviously a counterfiet Prada bag. Needless to say the wife, carrying a real one, was embarassed beyond words and could only be placated with a buying spree at Tiffany's.

So yes, when regular people try to pretend they are us it is upsetting. Most people on this forum won't get that, but I've got your back.
Still my favorite post on this thread.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #175
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I did peel the vinyl off my hood. People still keep asking me what kind of zl1 I have. Damn ssx wheels!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #176
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
Wow, I have never seen people get so bent out of shape about part swaps on cars, I think some of you need to take a breather and loosen up the grip on you nut sack.

Who cares if someone wants to mod there car so it looks like something else, it’s not like the money is coming out of your pocket to do it.

In a way this whole mod “CRISIS” is a good thing. Down the road in 20 years when I still have my car, I should be able to dig up parts if I need them.

I am not trying to start a fight here; I don’t have time for that B.S. The real issue we should all be worried about is 2016 when the new cafe rules kick in. How much longer are we going to be able to get cars with V8’s? And if you can get one how much is it going to cost.

When bringing up the issue of cloning, have a look at every midsize car that is on the road. I have never seen such boring and unimaginative looking vehicles in my life. I don’t know about the rest of you, but Fords, Toyotas, GM’s, Hondas, etc. are all starting to look the same, I almost have to look at the emblem on the grill to figure out W.T.F. I am looking at. Not to mention the government is trying to ram fuel efficiency down our throats.

OK, I’m done.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #177
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Hey i could use a hug as well. Anyone?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #178
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie scar View Post
Wow, I have never seen people get so bent out of shape about part swaps on cars, I think some of you need to take a breather and loosen up the grip on you nut sack.

Who cares if someone wants to mod there car so it looks like something else, it’s not like the money is coming out of your pocket to do it.

In a way this whole mod “CRISIS” is a good thing. Down the road in 20 years when I still have my car, I should be able to dig up parts if I need them.

I am not trying to start a fight here; I don’t have time for that B.S. The real issue we should all be worried about is 2016 when the new cafe rules kick in. How much longer are we going to be able to get cars with V8’s? And if you can get one how much is it going to cost.

When bringing up the issue of cloning, have a look at every midsize car that is on the road. I have never seen such boring and unimaginative looking vehicles in my life. I don’t know about the rest of you, but Fords, Toyotas, GM’s, Hondas, etc. are all starting to look the same, I almost have to look at the emblem on the grill to figure out W.T.F. I am looking at. Not to mention the government is trying to ram fuel efficiency down our throats.

OK, I’m done.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #179

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
Hey i could use a hug as well. Anyone?
Hopefully all is well today....lol....What was the topic?...I forgot...lol
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #180
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed View Post
He edited his thread. He realized a mod could see it.

OP, you did not like your original threat of violence towards me or just scared you will get banned?
not to prolong this or encourage, but to be fair, that was not a direct quote from him, I was summing up what was said...........
Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #181
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
I Cant believe mods didn't shut this corny thread down the moment it came up??? BooHoo... Buy a GTR if you don't want a car that's NOT easily cloned. There's no such thing as a status symbol muscle car. lol Muscle is for fun, not for status.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #182
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
Its simple, the ZL1 bumper, the wheels and the spoiler all look GREAT, and so people are gonna want em. I prefer that if people are going to customize their car, they use GM designed stuff. Clones dont make your real ZL1 any less awesome.

Closed Thread